Congrats Legion!

SiCkO

[quote name='shahenshah' date='02 July 2010 - 01:21 AM' timestamp='1278058864' post='2357556']
I'm assuming you're talking about Sparta since you're sporting the sig.
[/quote]
Nope, still the same topic as what i posted a reply to. :rolleyes:

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Lincongrad' date='29 June 2010 - 05:37 AM' timestamp='1277804236' post='2353789']
Wow. You might want to have someone look at those undergarments. They appear to be rather tangled.
[/quote]
HAHAHA he's saying you wear panties and they're in a bunch!

Really enjoyable read. The amount of pure hatred in this thread makes me more optimistic about a war this summer/autumn. Regarding mergers I refer to my MK post but wish the Legion well and hope they can whip this new entity into fighting shape.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='01 July 2010 - 07:33 PM' timestamp='1278030802' post='2357209']
[i]/me looks at 'All Alliances Display'.[/i]

First and foremost, congrats to Legion.

Now for the Legion haters, you do realize that in all likelihood IRON will be back to sanction level eventually and that Legion will get bumped, right? <_<
[/quote]
So what you're saying is garbage in, garbage out

[quote name='wickedj' date='05 July 2010 - 06:06 PM' timestamp='1278367549' post='2360515']
So what you're saying is garbage in, garbage out
[/quote]

I'm saying you really should be that chip on your shoulder regarding Legion looked after before you start walking funny....

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' date='30 June 2010 - 09:49 AM' timestamp='1277916535' post='2355285']
More stuff you rolled over and did willingly. Cool. GPA did top it when they had to pay 70,000 after their war (but at least they fought).
[/quote]
GPA didn't fight that war, they expelled members who did fight back and forbade their members from using their nuclear weapons. All GPA members who attacked back were declared rogue, any GPA attacking back with nukes were declared nuke rogues, and they just sat there and took what Continuum gave them until they got peace. It was, all in all, a glorified tech raid against a target who didn't fight back.

I did get some free tech in that war, so it wasn't all bad :D
But lets at least be honest, GPA didn't fight that war, they were too busy being neutral in that conflict to defend themselves.

[quote name='NorthernLights' date='29 June 2010 - 02:53 PM' timestamp='1277848389' post='2354392']
At any rate - my original point being that when MK's friends make a mistake they stick up for them & will follow treaties (good stuff, imo.) But when Legion follows their treaties to help a friend who made a mistake they are ridiculed. It just doesn't seem fair does it? :(
[/quote]
In all fairness, Legion is hardly the first alliance to get ridiculed for following their treaties. I remember plenty of people on both sides of the Unjust War ridiculing everyone who enterred on their opposing side, even if it was enterring via direct treaties, and I am sure there are plenty of other examples of alliances getting ridiculed for honoring their treaties prior to the Unjust War, I just wasn't around much prior to then to see it first hand.

You've gone through your tough spots, so has MK, and so have plenty of other alliances, some deserving it, some not, but its history and cannot be changed. We can only look to the future and decide how we will act today.

Congrats on the sanction Legion! Lets see how long you guys keep it.

[quote name='Caliph' date='06 July 2010 - 02:18 AM' timestamp='1278397086' post='2360916']
In all fairness, Legion is hardly the first alliance to get ridiculed for following their treaties. I remember plenty of people on both sides of the Unjust War ridiculing everyone who enterred on their opposing side, even if it was enterring via direct treaties, and I am sure there are plenty of other examples of alliances getting ridiculed for honoring their treaties prior to the Unjust War, I just wasn't around much prior to then to see it first hand.

You've gone through your tough spots, so has MK, and so have plenty of other alliances, some deserving it, some not, but its history and cannot be changed. We can only look to the future and decide how we will act today.

Congrats on the sanction Legion! Lets see how long you guys keep it.
[/quote]
That's the first sensible thing I've heard in this thread.

I am saddened by the end of M*A*S*H, I do remember talks of merging into Legion when I was a Deputy FA Officer a while ago... We were active then and it was forgotten. However, when M*A*S*H actually did merge it was two or three days after I resigned as Commanding Officer and I highly doubt they got a membership vote on the merge as stated by the constitution I wrote.... Anyways, I do hope Legion is content with their sanction and do hope the members at M*A*S*H find it a suitable alliance.

Y'know, I'd post something... but all it would do is stir up another long, heated argument between myself, RV, and Hymenbreach, so I'm just going to smile warmly, and you can all infer what you want from there.

:)

Edited by Olaf Styke