Summer without War?

Hymenbreach

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='HalfEmpty' date='06 June 2010 - 12:40 PM' timestamp='1275842390' post='2326382']
[i]Heck we have to look back 6 months for CB's remember[/i].

Indeed. But 6 months is the new minimum. I suspect Legion might nail ODN out of the blue.
[/quote]

I would pay lots of money to see this happen.

Well by your usage of the term "war", I suppose you mean only the big, major, global ones as war is waged in CN as we type.

So now taking that into consideration, for a big major war you need friction between the major players. Obviously enough. Major players being for the past years in CN-- blocks. Considering how there is no visible friction between the two major blocks in CN currently, and that being SF and CandG, then your answer is that indeed there will be no war (by your meaning) this summer or anytime soon as it stands.

There will be wars of lesser sizes, probably IRON Gre thing will drag on as Gre will still linger as an alliance for some short while until they finish their decent into total collapse, or some other one sided war is possible on alliances outside the main treaty structure consisting of SF and CandG gravities.

But wars of caliber: "Great wars trilogy", "Unjust War", "Karma war", or "Grub lost his mind war"; will not come by anytime soon.

Edited by Branimir

[quote name='MCRABT' date='06 June 2010 - 08:43 AM' timestamp='1275828212' post='2326212']
The world cup is on, no one has time for a war. There is beer to be had.
[/quote]
I echo this fine man's words. Much beer to be had :awesome:

[quote name='Believland' date='06 June 2010 - 01:26 PM' timestamp='1275845163' post='2326458']
I have a CB on Athens, it just needs to cook a tad longer.
[/quote]

Get in line. We all have CB's on Athens. Athens even has a CB on Athens.

Actually, GW's are preceded by large peanut-gallery meetings. Clearly, the only topic in which a large crowd has gathered is in this topic.

[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=87003&st=0"]http://forums.cybern...opic=87003&st=0[/url]

Hence, that will create a summer-war.

Edited by Owned-You

The chances of a war this summer are very, very low. And given the climate that discourages rocking the boat, I would expect a full year before the next war...with a lot of cries of "CN is dying" in the interim.

C&G and much of the ex-hegemony is still recovering, NPO will want to rebuild its tech+nooks post-terms as well. TOP & IRON (when they begin terms) will basically be under terms for the rest of the year. The only bloc / alliances that would have the ability to start something is SF, although the tech-raiding UJP alliances may end up getting themselves into trouble in the meantime.

If I had to name the month for the next war? I'd say November. This summer is much too soon since the end of the last war.

[quote name='KainIIIC' date='06 June 2010 - 03:39 PM' timestamp='1275853123' post='2326612']
C&G and much of the ex-hegemony is still recovering, NPO will want to rebuild its tech+nooks post-terms as well. TOP & IRON (when they begin terms) will basically be under terms for the rest of the year. The only bloc / alliances that would have the ability to start something is SF, although the tech-raiding UJP alliances may end up getting themselves into trouble in the meantime.

If I had to name the month for the next war? I'd say November. This summer is much too soon since the end of the last war.
[/quote]

\m/ has done its share of global war triggering for the year. Maybe GOONS can help you out in the tech-raiding UJP alliance category.

Gonna need to be some treaty work done for their to be another major war. The former Hegemony side is not in a condition to fight a major war and the CnG/SF side is so incredibly treatybound that it couldn't have a war amongst itself even if it wanted to. The only choice for war is the same as it has been in recent history - Supercomplaints vs. Remnants. Leftovers sure aint gonna bring it to SC any time soon and they're no threat to SC, so there's no real reason for SC to bother with bringing one to them.

The TL;DR on that would be this: One side of the web is too small for there to be a major war. The only choices are for the treaty layout to change or the Leftovers to build up enough again to bring some fun. Either one is going to take a long time.

[quote name='Roadie' date='06 June 2010 - 03:37 PM' timestamp='1275856624' post='2326698']
Gonna need to be some treaty work done for their to be another major war. The former Hegemony side is not in a condition to fight a major war and the CnG/SF side is so incredibly treatybound that it couldn't have a war amongst itself even if it wanted to. The only choice for war is the same as it has been in recent history - Supercomplaints vs. Remnants. Leftovers sure aint gonna bring it to SC any time soon and they're no threat to SC, so there's no real reason for SC to bother with bringing one to them.

The TL;DR on that would be this: One side of the web is too small for there to be a major war. The only choices are for the treaty layout to change or the Leftovers to build up enough again to bring some fun. Either one is going to take a long time.
[/quote]

Yeah, the only thing that might hasten the process would be the development of a third power cluster that asserted itself as such. I'd thought that we might see some movement in the web after the insanity that was the last war, but it appears that no one is particularly interested in disrupting the balance; SC because they're in a comfortable position (and haven't really shown much of a desire to resurrect the divide-and-conquer political stylings of the past Hegemony), Remnants because their position is pretty tenuous, and those spanning the gap because doing so would entail a massive risk without discernible benefit.

As such, we'll probably have to wait for all the major players to get back to full strength...unless someone commits a massive misstep in the interim.

Oh, are we making predictions? Dec 31--makes sense to me. Bob pretty much destroyed itself over the last 13 months. I don't see any major war coming any time soon. The tech-raiding alliances could attack a protected alliance and at sometime find themselves on wrong end of a treaty web. If a war happens, they're going to start it (but, again, I don't see this happening this summer).

[quote name='Andre27' date='06 June 2010 - 05:27 AM' timestamp='1275816449' post='2326097']
Nah, i think C&G/SF will prove to be the new hegemony by starting a war on peace. Aren't all those GPA nukes threatening or what..

On a personal note, I'd welcome a summer of love but i doubt it will happen.
Heck we have to look back 6 months for CB's remember.
[/quote]

/me thinks GPA hasn't been neutral enough.
I saw one of them post on the OWF the other day >>

[quote name='Horatio Longworth' date='06 June 2010 - 06:18 PM' timestamp='1275862676' post='2326828']
Oh, are we making predictions? Dec 31--makes sense to me. Bob pretty much destroyed itself over the last 13 months. I don't see any major war coming any time soon. The tech-raiding alliances could attack a protected alliance and at sometime find themselves on wrong end of a treaty web. If a war happens, they're going to start it (but, again, I don't see this happening this summer).
[/quote]

There is no way in hell anyone in this game is going to be willing to lose another holiday to this game. 2006 and 2009 were enough.