Summer without War?

Hymenbreach

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Penkala' date='08 June 2010 - 10:00 PM' timestamp='1276048829' post='2329502']
I don't think you understand, Xiph. You stomped every alliance on their side and made each and every one of them pay reps for almost an entire year, quashing all ability to pose a threat.
[/quote]

They can fight back! They just need to default on their loans or something...

[quote name='Thunder Strike' date='09 June 2010 - 01:03 PM' timestamp='1276048980' post='2329504']
Yes you can.
[/quote]
I think I've even seen it on free-to-air. Used to only be on pay-TV in Australia.

As for the OP, given the widespread devastation created by the last war, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's a quiet winter this year. I suspect most involved parties are still licking their wounds and setting about with rebuilding.

[quote name='Drai' date='08 June 2010 - 11:11 PM' timestamp='1276053101' post='2329599']
2007 didn't have a war in the summer either (early September). Neither did 2009 really, the majority if that war was over by May-early June.
[/quote]
The tensions leading up to the Unjust War had built up for the majority of late-July/August/early-September. If a war had to happen this summer, I would guess the same timeframe as the UJW.

[quote name='Darrenb209' date='09 June 2010 - 11:09 PM' timestamp='1276078181' post='2329990']
I'm a bit worried this treaty between us (GATO) and LoSS might spark problems[/quote]
I anticipate the LoSS v GATO war then.

[quote name='Jeeooh' date='06 June 2010 - 02:27 PM' timestamp='1275852437' post='2326599']
I doubt people even care about this game enough to start a war.
[/quote]

Definitely in agreement with you there.

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' date='09 June 2010 - 12:36 AM' timestamp='1276040151' post='2329292']
Foxtrot?

In response to other posts, your assumptions lead you to wrong assertions, but do feel free. RV, you are truly an idiot if you believe a word of what you wrote knowing what you do. Of course it is easier to go there than actually think it through though isn't it.

Some people do things, others wait for someone to hold their hands and lead the way. Most of you couldn't lead a football team to a brothel with a fistful of fifties.
[/quote]

o/ Grub. You are truly a CN god. It takes great courage to switch to the winning side during a war. Please put all your critics in their rightful place!

[quote name='Vladimir Stukov II' date='10 June 2010 - 07:12 PM' timestamp='1276204352' post='2332072']
o/ Grub. You are truly a CN god. It takes great courage to switch to the winning side during a war. Please put all your critics in their rightful place!
[/quote]

In Order Polaris New, the winning side switch to us. :smug:

[quote name='Arcturus Jefferson' date='10 June 2010 - 12:46 AM' timestamp='1276148793' post='2331382']
I am ever amazed at your change of heart, Pacifican.
[/quote]
That [b]was[/b] the whole point, wasn't it?

That said ... um, why would a summer war be a good thing?

Unless someone does something completely stupid like "Spy" on someone, their wont be a war. Jesus, after NPO lost, it seems we must have a war every 3 months---building a war-chest takes time dammit!

:ph34r:

Cool down, it's just phase 3 of GPA's sekrit plan for [b]Permanent Global Peace(tm)[/b].
It's that perfect that I don't even need to keep it sekrit anymore...

Seriously, these:

[quote name='NoFish' date='07 June 2010' timestamp='1275890952' post='2327542']The way the game works, the [color="#006400"][u][b]destructive capability[/b][/u][/color] of nations scales far faster than the ability of those nations to repair themselves, so we're going to have longer and longer between major wars. Add on to that the [color="#006400"][u][b]limitations of aid slots[/b][/u][/color] compared to the amount of money needed to send meaningful reparations and we're going to see long periods of alliances out of action and unable to make war even when they want to.[/quote]
[quote name='Alterego' date='07 June 2010' timestamp='1275902796' post='2327637']The last war is still being fought. There will be no war because big hitters have to pay reps for the rest of the year and as such there are [color="#006400"][u][b]no 2 sides[/b][/u][/color]. Unless Supercomplaints decide to beat down some small fractured corner of the world [b]there will be nothing until next summer[/b]. Thanks for dishing out harsh reps again supercomplaints and letting Gramlins keep the [color="#006400"][u][b]last war going longer than it should have[/b][/u][/color]. You sure know how to spoil any potential fun.[/quote]

Fact is, everybody should just do like the MHA (easily give White Peace early in every war) or stop "complaining" that there are too few wars and start to consider the [b]True Joys Of Nation Building(tm)[/b].
Everything else looks a bit silly (albeit admittedly funny).

[quote name='Andre27' date='06 June 2010 - 01:27 PM' timestamp='1275816449' post='2326097']
Nah, i think C&G/SF will prove to be the new hegemony by starting a war on peace. Aren't all those GPA nukes threatening or what..[/quote]

You know,we learned from history and will not repeat same mistakes.We first kill all others and then allies xD

[quote name='Emperor Marx' date='06 June 2010 - 03:25 PM' timestamp='1275823509' post='2326148']
No war? Our bad, we'll get right on that.
[/quote]

What do I pay you for? You better start getting results or you are fired! Have a nice day ^_^

[quote name='Lukcia' date='06 June 2010 - 07:26 PM' timestamp='1275837972' post='2326313']If you really want a war we could just create rumours and fake reasons for CB such as me impersonating multiple alliance leaders.
[/quote]

Been there done that...Tried yesterday and went to fail...If you have anything more organized share it please :D

[quote name='Horatio Longworth' date='06 June 2010 - 08:13 PM' timestamp='1275840802' post='2326350']
People are rebuilding. That is why.
[/quote]

Hm...no? Better prepared than ever.

With the record for largest reparations set last year during a certain war, of course there will be peace. Why risk a war and spend 10 months being a cash and tech farm? I mean really, what is there to gain? Spend 1/4 of the entire game's existence thus far paying reparations? No thank you!

That being said, lets keep the peace.

[quote]Unless someone does something completely stupid like "Spy" on someone, their wont be a war[/quote]
Nah, you forget so soon! Was this not discussed a year ago? I thought it was ruled by the majority that Spying was not a CB. Or has that changed once again? I don't know anymore - with only visiting the OW forums once every few weeks, the definition of a valid CB changes more then desert sand dunes.

[quote name='Feuersturm' date='14 June 2010 - 01:36 PM' timestamp='1276475763' post='2336527']
With the record for largest reparations set last year during a certain war, of course there will be peace. Why risk a war and spend 10 months being a cash and tech farm? I mean really, what is there to gain? Spend 1/4 of the entire game's existence thus far paying reparations? No thank you![/quote]
Good to see that Karma succeeded.