Summer without War?

Hymenbreach

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' date='06 June 2010 - 11:21 PM' timestamp='1275880892' post='2327252']
I think it's still too early for a major war on the scale of the last one. We'd essentially be a mob of amputees fighting with our stubs. It'd be entertaining, but then somebody with arms would step in and make it an inhumane slaughter.
[/quote]
lol I changed my mind. If that's what a summer war looks like, I want to see it! :P

[quote name='NoFish' date='07 June 2010 - 02:09 AM' timestamp='1275890952' post='2327542']
The way the game works, the destructive capability of nations scales far faster than the ability of those nations to repair themselves, so we're going to have longer and longer between major wars. Add on to that the limitations of aid slots compared to the amount of money needed to send meaningful reparations and we're going to see long periods of alliances out of action and unable to make war even when they want to.
[/quote]
This can be remedied in part by non-draconian terms.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Axolotlia' date='06 June 2010 - 07:53 PM' timestamp='1275871962' post='2327039']
My bet is Facepnch is going to get in over their heads, drag GOONS in and with that drag the rest of the treaty web... :P
[/quote]

They need time to grow in other ways besides just membership.

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' date='07 June 2010 - 08:18 AM' timestamp='1275880688' post='2327249']
Hopefully we wont be waiting a year for you to work up the courage to do something again.
[/quote]

Speaks the coward who ran around after flip flopping one side of the war :lol1:

I think there will be war or at-least attempts to start one over flimsy reasons in the coming months.

Edited by shahenshah

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='07 June 2010 - 08:19 AM' timestamp='1275913143' post='2327709']
[color="#0000FF"]I don't know if you've noticed Grubbie, but everyone who would have done something got clobber in the last war as a direct consequence to your indecisiveness and continued flipping of sides. TOP took a big risk and they paid for it. Now, are you really calling them and everyone else cowards for not making a pointless suicide run again for your and your buddies gratification? Tell me, what would the war look like? Similar sides as the last time, but much more lopsided, and I can only imagine our gracious overlords in MK wouldn't be as last time. I can only imagine that more reparations would be taxed, and more alliances put out of the game for yet another year. If you don't like this you only have yourself to thank for it.

Face it, CnG and SF are the only groups still in tact, and they only ones capable of doing a thing. They do like their little security blanket, however, and as long as they want to pretend that they NPO, TOP, and others are still a threat it will continue to last. Of course people will wise up eventually and they will no longer be able to play at that, but it may be long enough for them to yet again beat down that collection of alliances before having to devise a new threat to justify their group's existence.[/color]

[color="#0000FF"]Actually he said the problem was you imposing reps that take nearly a year to pay off. You can argue inflation all you want but there is one thing that still hasn't changed, and that is the maximum aid to able to be sent in each slot. Back in GWIII when reps were imposed, those were considered large for the time but only took one or two months to pay off. As soon as they were completed those alliances were back in the game.And a few months is reasonable, but when it gets close to a year then we have a problem, and it is leading to stagnation in this game. So unless the size of aid slots are increased so that such large reps can be paid faster you should not be imposing said reps. No alliance deserves to be removed from the game for that long.[/color]
[/quote]

Good thing that none of the reps imposed should take any more than six months to complete, then, right?

You guys keep saying a year. I keep wondering why you pick that number out of the hat. It's totally incorrect. Why not go with a year and a half or 2 years for even more of a PR boost?

[quote]I remember CnG saying the final reps weren't enough and that the CC would be back in the game within a couple months because they're so capable of paying off the reps.[/quote]

Prove it or it never happened. :)

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' date='06 June 2010 - 11:18 PM' timestamp='1275880688' post='2327249']
Hopefully we wont be waiting a year for you to work up the courage to do something again.
[/quote]
Aww someone seems lost. Retirement home is that way Grubby. ---->

[quote name='kevin32891' date='08 June 2010 - 01:24 PM' timestamp='1276021435' post='2329006']
Aww someone seems lost. Retirement home is that way Grubby. ---->
[/quote]

I do believe that the Jedi Order is still around, I hear they serve fine meals three times a day, and even have a Wii in the commons!

[quote name='Penkala' date='08 June 2010 - 01:05 PM' timestamp='1276020307' post='2328991']Prove it or it never happened. :)
[/quote]

Lol I'm honestly not going to take the time looking up quotes but it basically went on during the entire war.

I would like to make clear that I am not whining. Compared to what some members of CnG wanted for reps, CC got off pretty well.

Edited by President Sitruk

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' date='09 June 2010 - 04:11 AM' timestamp='1276020693' post='2328998']
Hey fish bait, wanna dance :P
[/quote]

Foxtrot?

In response to other posts, your assumptions lead you to wrong assertions, but do feel free. RV, you are truly an idiot if you believe a word of what you wrote knowing what you do. Of course it is easier to go there than actually think it through though isn't it.

Some people do things, others wait for someone to hold their hands and lead the way. Most of you couldn't lead a football team to a brothel with a fistful of fifties.

Edited by AlmightyGrub

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' date='08 June 2010 - 06:36 PM' timestamp='1276040151' post='2329292']
Foxtrot?

In response to other posts, your assumptions lead you to wrong assertions, but do feel free. RV, you are truly an idiot if you believe a word of what you wrote knowing what you do. Of course it is easier to go there than actually think it through though isn't it.

Some people do things, others wait for someone to hold their hands and lead the way. Most of you couldn't lead a football team to a brothel with a fistful of fifties.
[/quote]
I presume that last statement includes you since, yaknow, you did kinda go !@#$% crazy this last war

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' date='09 June 2010 - 01:14 PM' timestamp='1276042451' post='2329341']
With regard to the OP, I'd like you to bear in mind that it's winter for us poor souls who are presently freezing our @#$% off in the southern hemisphere :P[/quote]
They never consider us, do they :colbert:

[quote name='President Sitruk' date='08 June 2010 - 06:33 PM' timestamp='1276036408' post='2329233']
Lol I'm honestly not going to take the time looking up quotes but it basically went on during the entire war.

I would like to make clear that I am not whining. Compared to what some members of CnG wanted for reps, CC got off pretty well.
[/quote]

So then it didn't happen. OK then. :)

Also thanks for the chuckle with your talk of leadership, Grub.

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Believland' date='07 June 2010 - 11:00 PM' timestamp='1275966032' post='2328480']
Not enough Nuclear rain, think you can help?

[/quote]

Oh...seems pretty glowy from here...kinda like a rave, with extra unce unce unce.

[quote name='Alterego' date='07 June 2010 - 01:26 AM' timestamp='1275902796' post='2327637']
The last war is still being fought. There will be no war because big hitters have to pay reps for the rest of the year and as such there are no 2 sides. Unless Supercomplaints decide to beat down some small fractured corner of the world [b]there will be nothing until next summer[/b]. Thanks for dishing out harsh reps again supercomplaints and letting Gramlins keep the last war going longer than it should have. You sure know how to spoil any potential fun.
[/quote]

Heh, you think that was harsh? Oh boy.

[quote name='Banksy' date='08 June 2010 - 08:51 PM' timestamp='1276044688' post='2329395']
They never consider us, do they :colbert:
[/quote]
You can't even get Colbert if you live in the Southern Hemisphere :smug:

[quote name='ty345' date='08 June 2010 - 10:50 PM' timestamp='1276046413' post='2329431']
You can't even get Colbert if you live in the Southern Hemisphere :smug:
[/quote]
Let it be known, Colbert doesn't approve of the southern hemisphere.

Edited by Tarikmo

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='08 June 2010 - 09:16 PM' timestamp='1276046194' post='2329423']
Heh, you think that was harsh? Oh boy.
[/quote]

I don't think you understand, Xiph. You stomped every alliance on their side and made each and every one of them pay reps for almost an entire year, quashing all ability to pose a threat.

Edited by Penkala