Summer without War?

Hymenbreach

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='06 June 2010 - 04:30 AM' timestamp='1275827420' post='2326199']
Mark my words. The next war will be a World Cup riot.
[/quote]

It'll start with me nuking James for being a dirty limey.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Roadie' date='06 June 2010 - 04:37 PM' timestamp='1275856624' post='2326698']
the CnG/SF side is so incredibly treatybound that it couldn't have a war amongst itself even if it wanted to.
[/quote]

There are literally [i]three[/i] treaties between C&G and SF, and only one of them includes mandatory defence.

I'm not saying that a war between the two is likely, but the idea that we're "incredibly treatybound" is pretty silly. Mutual allies don't mean all that much either, everyone has mutual allies with everyone.

CN is at a constant state of War, regardless of what the various treaties and peace agreements tell you. I'd say a break-out into major open hostilities involving big players is likely to happen within the next few months.

Edited by Aimee Mann

[quote name='AirMe' date='06 June 2010 - 06:10 PM' timestamp='1275865802' post='2326918']
There is no way in hell anyone in this game is going to be willing to lose another holiday to this game. 2006 and 2009 were enough.
[/quote]
you say this yet when the next war hits on Christmas eve you'll be here :P

Also, Christmas war will happen..the last one SUCKED

There better be no summer war, at least not involving TOOL. I swore I'd never sit out another alliance war while I remained in TOOL, but I'll have to break that promise if it happens this summer since I'm swearing off CN while I'm at a uni summer program ( :smug: Aspie Focus :smug:). And breaking promises is something I utterly [i]loathe[/i] doing.

If a summer war does indeed happen though, it'll be because someone did something [i]incredibly[/i] stupid. Much like J, though, I think a Christmas war is not at all out of the question.

(Plus if I get into my Master's program for 2011, it would be an awesome way to go out with a bang :awesome: )

Edited by Uralica

[quote name='Earogema' date='06 June 2010 - 07:11 PM' timestamp='1275865898' post='2326919']
Mark my words. The next war will be a World Cup riot.
[/quote]
With all the Americans sitting back and laughing? :v:

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='06 June 2010 - 08:35 PM' timestamp='1275870917' post='2327007']
There are literally [i]three[/i] treaties between C&G and SF, and only one of them includes mandatory defence.

I'm not saying that a war between the two is likely, but the idea that we're "incredibly treatybound" is pretty silly. Mutual allies don't mean all that much either, everyone has mutual allies with everyone.
[/quote]
Agreed. With most of the remnants under terms or just out of terms, a major conflict would either involve a rising third party (a new bloc) or a conflict between CnG and SF. I think the latter is most likely at this point but war is definitely several months away regardless of who will fight who.

[quote name='wickedj' date='06 June 2010 - 10:33 PM' timestamp='1275877964' post='2327189']
you say this yet when the next war hits on Christmas eve you'll be here :P

Also, Christmas war will happen..the last one SUCKED
[/quote]

Only because my wife will be working (sick people don't get better for the holidays) and I will be wrapping an insane amount of gifts that my kids will use about 10% of.

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' date='07 June 2010 - 12:53 AM' timestamp='1275886401' post='2327430']
And with that, Valhalla and the New Polar Order officially declared war in what some would later call the most ridiculous war in over three weeks.
[/quote]

actually at the rate the logic behind CB's are going nowadays that would likely be the most reasonable war of the year.

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' date='06 June 2010 - 10:18 PM' timestamp='1275880688' post='2327249']
Hopefully we wont be waiting a year for you to work up the courage to do something again.
[/quote]

Everyone ITT that had the power to prevent it form happening please raise their hand.

Oh look, just you Grub. <_<

I'd have to agree with earlier discussions. The big ones tend to leave such a toll that the losers can't just turn around and fire off another war without having to slowly rebuild--and that's assuming that the winners don't slow them down further.

On a side note, is there a chance that some fighters are getting war fatigue? That'd have an effect, if it's there.

[quote name='anenu' date='07 June 2010 - 01:07 AM' timestamp='1275887246' post='2327455']
actually at the rate the logic behind CB's are going nowadays that would likely be the most reasonable war of the year.
[/quote]

/me looks at TOP

The way the game works, the destructive capability of nations scales far faster than the ability of those nations to repair themselves, so we're going to have longer and longer between major wars. Add on to that the limitations of aid slots compared to the amount of money needed to send meaningful reparations and we're going to see long periods of alliances out of action and unable to make war even when they want to.