Summer without War?

Hymenbreach

I admit I am not at the center (more hanging on the edges by the skin of his fingertips) of international politics and my ear is about two feet off the ground, but I'm not seeing anything on the horizon that will cause the inevitable big summer dust up. I had thought Purple vs Stickmen was a contender but Purple Unity should have been called the Jigsaw Alliance as it fell to pieces under not much pressure.

So, what else is there? Not much on a alliance level. I'm not discounting the something out of nothing spark that starts off a chain, but even that has diminished with the invention of the non chaining treaty.

Will Planet Bob have its first Summer of Love?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Hymenbreach' date='06 June 2010 - 11:00 AM' timestamp='1275814797' post='2326084']
I admit I am not at the center (more hanging on the edges by the skin of his fingertips) of international politics and my ear is about two feet off the ground, but I'm not seeing anything on the horizon that will cause the inevitable big summer dust up. I had thought Purple vs Stickmen was a contender but Purple Unity should have been called the Jigsaw Alliance as it fell to pieces under not much pressure.

So, what else is there? Not much on a alliance level. I'm not discounting the something out of nothing spark that starts off a chain, but even that has diminished with the invention of the non chaining treaty.

[/quote]

Nah, i think C&G/SF will prove to be the new hegemony by starting a war on peace. Aren't all those GPA nukes threatening or what..

On a personal note, I'd welcome a summer of love but i doubt it will happen.
Heck we have to look back 6 months for CB's remember.

I am at the centre of all politics and control the new hegemony, and there will be no war this summer.

What?

Anyway CN appears to be in an arms race at the moment and no one is really ready or willing to fight yet. So things will just boil up for a while as everyone tries to position themselves in a good position for the next global war.

[quote name='zzzptm' date='06 June 2010 - 07:32 AM' timestamp='1275823903' post='2326154']
I was trying to get MK to roll NV, but I'm not having much success with that.
[/quote]

Hey, wanna help me find an unprotected alliance to tech raid? :ehm:

[quote name='Emperor Marx' date='06 June 2010 - 01:50 PM' timestamp='1275824998' post='2326164']
Hey, wanna help me find an unprotected alliance to tech raid? :ehm:
[/quote]

Try this one [url="http://www.cybernations.net/stats_alliance_stats_custom.asp?Alliance=\m/"]Come and get me..[/url]

Summer isn't really that much of a necessity for wars. Sure, the increase in time that a large part of our demographic has helps, but the influence isn't [b]that[/b] big. The whole "time to kill" factor is killed by the substantial number of people - and leaders - who do not have the work schedule of students. It's also counter-acted by people who would spend their time on vacations rather than the computer.

I mean, if you look at when all the "world wars" started, and keep in mind that most of the major fighting is over within a month or two, it's spring, rather than summer, that tends to be the busiest time of the year.

GW1: July
GW2: January
GW3: March
UJW: September
WoTC: August
UJW2: January

[quote name='Hymenbreach' date='06 June 2010 - 10:00 AM' timestamp='1275814797' post='2326084']

[/quote]

The world cup is on, no one has time for a war. There is beer to be had.

[quote name='Letum' date='06 June 2010 - 08:39 AM' timestamp='1275827944' post='2326208']
Summer isn't really that much of a necessity for wars. Sure, the increase in time that a large part of our demographic has helps, but the influence isn't [b]that[/b] big. The whole "time to kill" factor is killed by the substantial number of people - and leaders - who do not have the work schedule of students. It's also counter-acted by people who would spend their time on vacations rather than the computer.

I mean, if you look at when all the "world wars" started, and keep in mind that most of the major fighting is over within a month or two, it's spring, rather than summer, that tends to be the busiest time of the year.

[/quote]
Good point but wars have taken place each summer even though they weren't "major" or "global" wars. With the excpetion of GW1 and WoTC, each summer has had several smaller conflicts. We can at least expect one small conflict this summer (most likely after the world cup ends).

[quote name='Letum' date='06 June 2010 - 07:39 AM' timestamp='1275827944' post='2326208']

[/quote]

Something to think about, in theory if breaks cause wars, then the wars themselves don't need to happen on the break. For example the last war started in Late January, but the tension leading up to it had been there for some time. Its biggest culmination being the TPF war, which happened towards the end of Christmas break. The other major war that I've been around for is the wotc, and if my memory serves me right it happened while I was in School, but the buildup of tension was there during the Summer.

Be ready for what ever happens.

I remember reading after this war that many would look at their treaties perhaps cancel some so as to not be so entangled.

That ideas seems to be completely forgotten. Its too dangerous to not be in the treaty web. If a group of high profile alliances break off and only have treaties involving each other it makes it too easy to get rolled. So the cluster of the treaty web will always continue and many will find themselves getting involved when they really don't have to or want to.

well technically the Gremlin v IRON/DAWN war is continuing and will most likely continue throughout the summer and i am sure there will be some minor wars that will crop up but considering how damaging this past war was, we won't see a major conflict til Christmas time at the earliest most likely.

I find wars only come around when I seem to have exams. =P

If you really want a war we could just create rumours and fake reasons for CB such as me impersonating multiple alliance leaders.

[quote name='Hymenbreach' date='06 June 2010 - 04:00 AM' timestamp='1275814797' post='2326084']
[/quote]

It doesn't seem to me that there have been many non-chaining treaties so I doubt they will have much of an affect. I say that, by the way, as someone who is an advocate for non-chaining treaties, so I keep my eyes open for such clauses. ;) What I have seen, in public anyway - I'm certainly NOT "in" on back room discussions - is some shifting of who is allied to who. However thus far nothing drastic.

If Planet Bob had a peaceful summer, I'd love it :wub: However, I've been around long enough to know better. I agree with Fernando12 - Be ready for whatever happens.

[quote name='MCRABT' date='06 June 2010 - 05:43 AM' timestamp='1275828212' post='2326212']
The world cup is on, no one has time for a war. There is beer to be had.
[/quote]

I predict the next war will be over the results of the World Cup. :P