NPO Annoucement: 2nd Triannual Report of the 6th Year of Order

[quote name='NationRuler' date='04 May 2010 - 07:25 PM' timestamp='1273015500' post='2286917']
I want people to remember all of the honorable things CSN has done.
[/quote]

I agree that CSN is honorable. But, the truth is that when most people think of CSN that honor is not going to be first thing that comes to mind.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='AirMe' date='04 May 2010 - 02:26 PM' timestamp='1273004797' post='2286688']
It would cost you 200 million but not a month. Money can be replaced, time cannot. It all comes down to what your time is worth.

NPO has about as many nations to send tech as MK had in the whole alliance when we took terms, during the course of the terms we dropped to about 150 members. So your point isn't as valid as you want it to be. Plus we had probably the best banking system of the time so we were able to work as efficient as the restrictions allowed.

There are a lot of tech sellers out there, they just can't sit there and wait for the sellers to come in they need to go out and find them. Plus if they are going to re-instate the revenge doctrine as some NPO members have claimed they are going to do, they will have a built in tech farm right on red. Well farm isn't really a fair term, but nations who they protect will be more willing to sell them tech.
[/quote]

I'll give you an example using my own nation to help you look at it from a different angle.

We were restricted to only sending tech from nations with over 1k tech, so no small nation tech sellers. Because of that, you can also consider the replacement value of the tech that each of those over-1k tech nations had at the time when the war ended and reps started.

I had 2740 tech when the war ended, which according to a tech calculator, is worth $511,049,309.98. When I ran out of that, I started buying it in 150 tech chunks to keep sending reps; as of today, that totals 2910 tech (not including what I currently have on hand, which will be used for more reps, plus purchasing more still), which at $2,690,637.16 per 150 tech (from tech calculator), totals $52,198,360.90.

So, at my cost of the 5650 tech, I have sent $563,247,670.88 worth of tech to date. To replace the tech that I have sent, not including what I will still be sending until our reps end, it would cost me $1,917,746,371.30. If I replace the entire amount with $3mil/100 tech deals, assuming I can get 100% perfect completion rate with 2 deals per cycle, it would take 28.25 (29) cycles, or 290 days, or 9 months, or 3/4 of a year for me to replace what I have sent.

$2 billion or 9 months to rebuild only the tech reps sent from just one nation, reps aren't even done yet, and that's not including the time for reps to be sent.

Additionally, the only wonders that I currently meet the requirements to buy are those prohibited by our surrender terms. I haven't bought a wonder since early January because our terms don't allow me to buy the only ones available to my nation, so that has set me back 5 months.

[quote name='Jesse End' date='04 May 2010 - 07:43 PM' timestamp='1273016607' post='2286955']
Additionally, the only wonders that I currently meet the requirements to buy are those prohibited by our surrender terms. I haven't bought a wonder since early January because our terms don't allow me to buy the only ones available to my nation, so that has set me back 5 months.
[/quote]

You don't have a Mining Industry Consortium. You have the resources Coal, Uranium and Oil. And you haven't bought a wonder since January? :blink:

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='04 May 2010 - 05:49 PM' timestamp='1273016979' post='2286964']
You don't have a Mining Industry Consortium. You have the resources Coal, Uranium and Oil. And you haven't bought a wonder since January? :blink:
[/quote]

"Requires 5,000 infrastructure, 3,000 land purchased, 1,000 technology. "

I don't meet the requirements for it, which is why I said 'wonders that I currently meet the requirements to buy'. :P

[quote name='Jesse End' date='04 May 2010 - 07:54 PM' timestamp='1273017256' post='2286970']
"Requires 5,000 infrastructure, 3,000 land purchased, 1,000 technology. "

I don't meet the requirements for it, which is why I said 'wonders that I currently meet the requirements to buy'. :P
[/quote]

You should probably have bought it before you start shipping away your technology. Now use telling you now I guess. -_- And that still leaves space wonders, plus the much debated Fallout Shelter.

The only wonder the terms really prevent you from buying is the WRC (be honest, the FAC is pretty useless), so it isn't really honest to say you've been held back five months. Even if it wasn't for the restrictions on wonder purchases, you still wouldn't have bought any wonders in the past four months.

I do however agree with Letum's original point, which was that reparations in large amounts can be comparable to wonder destruction, but the "psychological" effect as he puts it is greater than he thinks, I think.

I think we can all agree that CSN is a pretty boring alliance, quite unlike NSO and NPO who are both awesome and exciting alliances that shape the Cyberverse. See the quote in my sig. We're here for [i]you[/i].

[quote name='Corinan' date='04 May 2010 - 08:16 PM' timestamp='1273018566' post='2286989']
I think we can all agree that CSN is a pretty boring alliance, quite unlike NSO and NPO who are both awesome and exciting alliances that shape the Cyberverse. See the quote in my sig. We're here for [i]you[/i].
[/quote]

And in walks exhibit C, excellent.

You are a perfect example of why the post-Karma era is so much better to live under than the Pacifican Hegemony. You systematically go around throwing out random insults at powerful alliances in the hopes of getting a reaction, and nobody cares enough to do anything about it. We let you be, because although you might be misguided we realize that you are ultimately harmless. Your alliance and your allies are battered. Any one of the alliances you so often taunt could roll you and take little damage. Hell, in CSN's case we didn't even need to go out of our way, [i]you[/i] declared war on [i]us[/i]. And when our most hated opponent was at our mercy, what did we do? We took $1 in reparations and sent you on your way.

The Pacifican regime was nowhere near as lenient. Had someone in a non-Continuum alliance made that same post directed at NPO two years ago, the response would not have been pretty. Certainly they would not have remained second-in-command of any alliance with such a weak position for long.

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Edited by Lord Brendan

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='04 May 2010 - 08:26 PM' timestamp='1273019201' post='2287000']
And in walks exhibit C, excellent.

You are a perfect example of why the post-Karma era is so much better to live under than the Pacifican Hegemony. You systematically go around throwing out random insults at powerful alliances in the hopes of getting a reaction, and nobody cares enough to do anything about it. We let you be, because although you might be misguided we realize that you are ultimately harmless. Your alliance and your allies are battered. Any one of the alliances you so often taunt could roll you and take little damage. Hell, in CSN's case we didn't even need to go out of our way, [i]you[/i] declared war on [i]us[/i]. And when our most hated opponent was at our mercy, what did we do? We took $1 in reparations and sent you on your way.

The Pacifican regime was nowhere near as lenient. Had someone in a non-Continuum alliance made that same post directed at NPO two years ago, the response would not have been pretty. Certainly they would not have remained second-in-command of any alliance with such a weak position for long.

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.
[/quote]

You didn't know Corinan before he was in NSO, did you?

It's not true, actually. People spoke out against NPO all the damn time. You can act as if they destroyed every person that ever spoke out against them but that's simply not the case. We probably only ever rolled half. If that.

Where did i ever say NPO was lenient? Where did I ever say we were nice to deal with? I've never hid what I am. I'm the $%&@in bad guy.

Keep thinking I'm harmless, Brendan. It'll be the death of you. I'm Francograd born and raised, and if there's one thing I'm good at, it's holding a grudge. The only thing keeping me tied to this realm anymore is spite and the lust for sweet, sweet revenge. And I will get it.

[quote name='NationRuler' date='04 May 2010 - 07:25 PM' timestamp='1273015500' post='2286917']
No I wouldn't. It's the same NPO. And I don't give a clean slate to GOONS, \m/, or /b/. If they didn't want to be the same alliance, they wouldn't have the same name.

I want people to remember all of the honorable things CSN has done. I'll remember all the things those alliances did too. Not grudges, just judgments based upon past actions.
[/quote]
Nice try Nation, two of those alliances that you speak of have high level treaties with one of your closest ally. And the NPO never disbanded. I'm not here to say you're alliance isn't honorable, but you're no STA. [img]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/467/nsosmugsmall.png[/img]

[quote name='Corinan' date='04 May 2010 - 06:16 PM' timestamp='1273018566' post='2286989']
[/quote]
What's wrong with boring? I get to take a lot of naps, and my aging ticker doesn't have to deal with the shock of surprises. I like boring.

[quote name='Goose' date='04 May 2010 - 08:41 PM' timestamp='1273020056' post='2287027']
What's wrong with boring? I get to take a lot of naps, and my aging ticker doesn't have to deal with the shock of surprises. I like boring.
[/quote]

I can find boring outside of the Cyberverse. Here it should never be boring. As a matter a fact I think the most exciting thing that's ever happened to your alliance has involved the NSO. I'm totally serious when I say that.

[quote name='Corinan' date='04 May 2010 - 08:37 PM' timestamp='1273019812' post='2287018']
It's not true, actually. People spoke out against NPO all the damn time. You can act as if they destroyed every person that ever spoke out against them but that's simply not the case. We probably only ever rolled half. If that.

Where did i ever say NPO was lenient? Where did I ever say we were nice to deal with? I've never hid what I am. I'm the $%&@in bad guy.

Keep thinking I'm harmless, Brendan. It'll be the death of you. I'm Francograd born and raised, and if there's one thing I'm good at, it's holding a grudge. The only thing keeping me tied to this realm anymore is spite and the lust for sweet, sweet revenge. And I will get it.
[/quote]

Name three active OWF posters who weren't tied to the Continuum that consistently held an anti-Pacifican stance during the Pacifican Hegemony that weren't ostracized or PZIed for it.

Oh, and I was comparing the Pacifican era to the present time, to show how today is so much easier for the losing side. Some Pacificans were suggesting earlier that we were actually more cruel than you were. I wasn't really arguing again you so I suppose that justifies your confusion. I was merely using your timely post as an example.

Edited by Lord Brendan

[quote name='Corinan' date='04 May 2010 - 06:44 PM' timestamp='1273020231' post='2287033']
I can find boring outside of the Cyberverse. Here it should never be boring. As a matter a fact I think the most exciting thing that's ever happened to your alliance has involved the NSO. I'm totally serious when I say that.
[/quote]
I'm afraid that NSO was not in existence during the No Vision war. Which, was far more exciting than this recent war and our little scuffle with NSO.

[quote name='AirMe' date='05 May 2010 - 06:29 AM' timestamp='1273004951' post='2286691']
Nah I trust you, but I do point out that FARK are not my allies currently, nor were they back then. And anyone who accepts a term like that is foolish. I bet you guys wouldn't have accepted terms with that clause in it.
[/quote]
My appoligies then, for some reason I was under the impression you were treatied. The absurdity of the demand was we only had 6 FACs at the time anyway and we were quite upset with pacifica as well.

[quote name='silentkiller' date='04 May 2010 - 06:32 PM' timestamp='1273015945' post='2286932']
In that case await our wars of vengeance against your alliance and most of Karma then :rolleyes:
[/quote]
[quote name='Owned-You' date='04 May 2010 - 06:39 PM' timestamp='1273016352' post='2286946']
Then I assume you'd be advocating war on GOONS, \m/, and /b/?[/quote]

You guys are good at jumping to conclusions. I never said a thing about declaring on anybody, I simply will not trust or look kindly upon alliances that have so long been my enemy. I don't want to roll you for existing, that would be Hegemonic. I just would rather not make friends. Ever.

[quote name='NationRuler' date='04 May 2010 - 10:07 PM' timestamp='1273025255' post='2287140']
You guys are good at jumping to conclusions. I never said a thing about declaring on anybody, I simply will not trust or look kindly upon alliances that have so long been my enemy. I don't want to roll you for existing, that would be Hegemonic. I just would rather not make friends. Ever.
[/quote]

Equating /b/ with \m/ and GOONS is pretty stupid, even for you.

[quote name='Shan Revan' date='04 May 2010 - 10:01 PM' timestamp='1273024879' post='2287128']
My appoligies then, for some reason I was under the impression you were treatied. The absurdity of the demand was we only had 6 FACs at the time anyway and we were quite upset with pacifica as well.
[/quote]

I agree with you that it was a wholeheartedly stupid request.

[quote name='Geoffron X' date='04 May 2010 - 10:33 PM' timestamp='1273008811' post='2286765']
CSN is basically GGA with a stable government and more WRC's. Basically, all they provide is propaganda for the other side.

Also, yes! Inevitable rise of Pacifica. We are pretty much awesome and stuff.
[/quote]
An NPOer simply can't make fun of GGA. It's stupid and hypocritical.

[quote name='Corinan' date='05 May 2010 - 01:16 AM' timestamp='1273018566' post='2286989']
[/quote]
lol

[quote name='Corinan' date='05 May 2010 - 01:37 AM' timestamp='1273019812' post='2287018']

[/quote]
Nobody is afraid of you lol. Literally. Nobody.

[quote name='Biazt' date='05 May 2010 - 03:19 AM' timestamp='1273025943' post='2287157']
[/quote]
Beat me to it. That was an incredibly stupid statement, and I decided not to come out and defend CSN as a result. Glad to see their thoughts about us.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='04 May 2010 - 08:55 PM' timestamp='1273020927' post='2287047']
Name three active OWF posters who weren't tied to the Continuum that consistently held an anti-Pacifican stance during the Pacifican Hegemony that weren't ostracized or PZIed for it.[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I can name myself. While I did find myself at war with the NPO and its allies on several occasions, that was more ore less because I was in GATO at the time, and after my surrender because I violated surrender terms. I was only placed on PZI after I attempted to lead a rebellion against Moo after Doitzel made his "De Profundis." Needless to say I didn't get far.

But no, I was never PZIed for being openly anti-Pacifican or for holding a differing viewpoint. I was PZIed for trying to interfere in the inner workings of the NPO. Back then, that is the punishment that most alliance would have given for that crime, and even today I doubt many would be pleased if I tried such a thing to their alliance.[/color]

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='04 May 2010 - 06:13 PM' timestamp='1273018392' post='2286986']
You should probably have bought it before you start shipping away your technology.
[/quote]

Before I started shipping away my technology, I had zero infrastructure and was bill locked because of the war. Before that, I was in a 3 month war against 15+ alliances. Before that, over a year ago, I had other wonders to buy and met the requirements to buy them.

[quote name='AirMe' date='04 May 2010 - 04:26 PM' timestamp='1273004797' post='2286688']
It would cost you 200 million but not a month. Money can be replaced, time cannot. It all comes down to what your time is worth.
[/quote]
Money can be replaced, given time. They are pretty much exactly the same thing.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='04 May 2010 - 08:55 PM' timestamp='1273020927' post='2287047']
Name three active OWF posters who weren't tied to the Continuum that consistently held an anti-Pacifican stance during the Pacifican Hegemony that weren't ostracized or PZIed for it.
[/quote]
Counterargument:

Name three active OWF posters who weren't tied to the Continuum.

Period.

There pretty much weren't any.

[quote name='Biazt' date='04 May 2010 - 09:19 PM' timestamp='1273025943' post='2287157']
[/quote]

I really should either stop posting here entirely, or explain in full detail all things I could possibly NOT be implying.

Guys. I'm not equating them. I'm just friends with none of them. Why do you all have to take connotations that are simply NOT THERE out of these posts?

I guess I am speaking to the OWF peanut gallery...