NPO Annoucement: 2nd Triannual Report of the 6th Year of Order

[quote name='Jesse End' date='05 May 2010 - 03:54 PM' timestamp='1273089257' post='2287915']
I stated that originally, see bolding:

I think I see where you want to go with this, so I'll repeat what you quoted too, see bolding:
[/quote]

My mistake, should have checked your first post again. It still seems as if at some point between getting out of bill lock and dipping under 1000 tech you should have bought the MIC. Doesn't really matter, of course.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='05 May 2010 - 04:14 PM' timestamp='1273090473' post='2287956']
[color="#0000FF"]Cataduanes was never silenced by threat of PZI. Atrophis was in FAN, but he was not on PZI. Chickenzilla was PZIed for spying, but if you want a replacement, Bob Janova. He was vocal about the NPO and never PZIed.[/color]
[/quote]

Haf was asking for active non-Q OWF posters. Wasn't related to PZI.

p.s. I'm only one person, what's all this "they" talk? :huh:

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='05 May 2010 - 03:20 PM' timestamp='1273094399' post='2288040']
My mistake, should have checked your first post again. It still seems as if at some point between getting out of bill lock and dipping under 1000 tech you should have bought the MIC. Doesn't really matter, of course.[/quote]

That's equivalent to saying that anyone who decommissioned a wonder because of terms should have started buying wonders earlier, then they wouldn't be behind.

[quote name='Corinan' date='04 May 2010 - 08:37 PM' timestamp='1273019812' post='2287018']
It's not true, actually. People spoke out against NPO all the damn time. You can act as if they destroyed every person that ever spoke out against them but that's simply not the case. We probably only ever rolled half. If that.

Where did i ever say NPO was lenient? Where did I ever say we were nice to deal with? I've never hid what I am. I'm the $%&@in bad guy.

Keep thinking I'm harmless, Brendan. It'll be the death of you. I'm Francograd born and raised, and if there's one thing I'm good at, it's holding a grudge. The only thing keeping me tied to this realm anymore is spite and the lust for sweet, sweet revenge. And I will get it.
[/quote]

You already failed the first time. Excuse us if we're not shaking in our boots thinking of the next matchup against you. And trust me, given our experience fighting you, you're no threat.

[quote]I'm afraid that NSO was not in existence during the No Vision war. Which, was far more exciting than this recent war and our little scuffle with NSO.[/quote]

I was so excited when NSO declared on us and so disappointed when they did worse than GDA. I'm dead serious when I say that GDA put up more of a fight than NSO. Significantly more, even.

[quote]Beat me to it. That was an incredibly stupid statement, and I decided not to come out and defend CSN as a result. Glad to see their thoughts about us. [/quote]

No, CSN members generally do not like \m/. I have my own, special gripes with you myself. And we really don't need 'defending' on here, but thanks for the kind thoughts!

[quote]This is pretty funny considering that by virtue of being in CSN you are the peanut gallery. [/quote]

Thanks for the laugh, GOONS. Maybe when your alliance reaches 10,000 ANS you can talk to us about relevance? :unsure:

I'm out. I'm glad I made this thread such a success. What would you guys do without me?

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Jesse End' date='05 May 2010 - 06:11 PM' timestamp='1273097481' post='2288102']
That's equivalent to saying that anyone who decommissioned a wonder because of terms should have started buying wonders earlier, then they wouldn't be behind.
[/quote]

Not really. I'm just saying that with a bit of foresight you could probably have bought the MIC. Perhaps not. It really doesn't matter and has very little do to with anything.

[quote name='Penkala' date='05 May 2010 - 07:54 PM' timestamp='1273098237' post='2288116']
Thanks for the laugh, GOONS. Maybe when your alliance reaches 10,000 ANS you can talk to us about relevance? :unsure:
[/quote]

World Task Force: The 6th most relevant alliance on the planet.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='05 May 2010 - 04:35 PM' timestamp='1273098923' post='2288131']
Not really. I'm just saying that with a bit of foresight you could probably have bought the MIC. Perhaps not. It really doesn't matter and has very little do to with anything.
[/quote]

I know that I couldn't have.

My original point was that the reps demanded of us are not somehow 'less harsh' just because they have specific terms missing. The immense size of the reparations demanded and the limitations imposed on who could pay them specifically has resulted in the payment of reps taking more time than ever before, among other things.

I'm not defending either position, simply pointing out how it is hypocritical for some to currently condemn someone for something they allegedly did in the past (especially if said alliance has 'paid' for those actions and had a complete change in leadership), then at the same time support someone else doing a similar thing now. That may or may not be directed at you too, I'm not sure what your position is. :P

[quote name='Jesse End' date='05 May 2010 - 06:49 PM' timestamp='1273099764' post='2288152']
That may or may not be directed at you too, I'm not sure what your position is. :P
[/quote]

It is my position that once NPO has completed their terms, you should never again be punished for past crimes. However I see no problem with alliances that have good reason to dislike you keeping their distance, so long as they take no real action against you. Basically, we should move forward without entirely forgetting the past.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='05 May 2010 - 04:56 PM' timestamp='1273100144' post='2288162']
It is my position that once NPO has completed their terms, you should never again be punished for past crimes. However I see no problem with alliances that have good reason to dislike you keeping their distance, so long as they take no real action against you. Basically, we should move forward without entirely forgetting the past.
[/quote]

Good to hear. It's too bad not everybody can be reasonable like that, some need to constantly try to use us as justification for their actions :P

[quote name='Penkala' date='05 May 2010 - 06:24 PM' timestamp='1273098237' post='2288116']
You already failed the first time. Excuse us if we're not shaking in our boots thinking of the next matchup against you. And trust me, given our experience fighting you, you're no threat.
[/quote]

I like how you're always insinuating that we suck at fighting after you fought "5%" of our nations. Perhaps you missed the 95% of us who kick $@! at war? You're at like 4 NS, man. Its nothing but rookies down at that level. Grow some and take me on. I'll hit you so hard your great grandchildren will glow green.

[quote name='Jesse End' date='05 May 2010 - 07:06 PM' timestamp='1273100769' post='2288173']
Good to hear. It's too bad not everybody can be reasonable like that, some need to constantly try to use us as justification for their actions :P
[/quote]

I agree that using the "NOT AS BAD AS" defence is starting to get annoying. It is my hope (but not my expectation) that eventually alliances will judge their actions by their own compasses, and not by comparing themselves to those who were worse than them.

[quote name='Corinan' date='05 May 2010 - 05:09 PM' timestamp='1273100928' post='2288176']
I like how you're always insinuating that we suck at fighting after you fought "5%" of our nations. Perhaps you missed the 95% of us who kick $@! at war? You're at like 4 NS, man. Its nothing but rookies down at that level. Grow some and take me on. I'll hit you so hard your great grandchildren will glow green.
[/quote]

FYI: Penkala has only fought 4 NSO nations.

[quote name='Jesse End' date='05 May 2010 - 07:17 PM' timestamp='1273101432' post='2288190']
FYI: Penkala has only fought 4 NSO nations.
[/quote]

Pretty sure he claimed he fought 5% of our nations or something like that. But yeah, he fought a handful of our weak, newer nations, so he's a good judge of our overall fighting prowess.

[quote name='Corinan' date='05 May 2010 - 05:21 PM' timestamp='1273101642' post='2288197']
Pretty sure he claimed he fought 5% of our nations or something like that. But yeah, he fought a handful of our weak, newer nations, so he's a good judge of our overall fighting prowess.
[/quote]

Well according to your alliance stats, you've got 163 right now, so 2%. Though 2 of those 4 don't exist anymore, so he might have an idea of the fighting ability of 1% of the low NS end of NSO, and one of those doesn't even have an MP to go up against Penkala's MP.

[quote name='Corinan' date='05 May 2010 - 07:09 PM' timestamp='1273100928' post='2288176']
[/quote]

No, I've talked to my alliance mates too and haven't heard great things. Besides, I started off hitting your 15k NS nations. Were they 'rookies' too, Corinan? If so, you're not giving your members much credit. Then again, I'm not either.

Also, I'm really doubting that "4" number for NSO nations I've fought. But even if it was only 4 (which I find highly implausible), I was pretty unimpressed. And you said only 1 didn't have an MP. So only one was a "rookie" (maybe). Based on those stats I fought 3 experienced members of NSO, and I'm here yawning about my experience. Add another "NSOer" in RV and his mediocre skills (he missed a few opportunities to really hurt me and generally wasn't all that amazing), and I'm unimpressed.

I am more than confident that myself and other CSNers can easily match up with and defeat individual NSO nations. After all, we already have. But NSO has always been one of those alliances that just talked and talked and talked and couldn't really walk the walk.

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Penkala' date='05 May 2010 - 08:36 PM' timestamp='1273106147' post='2288298']
I am more than confident that myself and other CSNers can easily match up with and defeat individual NSO nations.
[/quote]

I sure hope so. Wouldn't look too good losing a 3 vs. 1.

[quote name='Corinan' date='05 May 2010 - 06:09 PM' timestamp='1273100928' post='2288176']
Grow some and take me on. I'll hit you so hard your great grandchildren will glow green.
[/quote]

Didn't you drop from like 90k NS to <30k? Cool story bro.

[quote name='NationRuler' date='05 May 2010 - 08:59 PM' timestamp='1273107545' post='2288346']
Didn't you drop from like 90k NS to <30k? Cool story bro.
[/quote]

Errr, yeah I did. I fought nonstop in nuclear war for over a month. I also tore more NS off of Fark than they tore off me.

I'm unaccustomed to people making claims to high military prowess after winning a rolling. A rolling they didn't orchestrate, no less. Oh well, I suppose CSN must wear the badges they have, however few and dubious.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='05 May 2010 - 12:19 PM' timestamp='1273076378' post='2287717']
Weren't you permanently expelled from Browncoats and PZIed? :huh:
[/quote]

Neither. I left before the so-called "Bubblegum Crisis" (The BDC-BC War). As for PZIed, that hasn't happened either. You may be thinking of Schattenmann.

[quote name='Thrash' date='05 May 2010 - 08:50 PM' timestamp='1273107001' post='2288321']
I sure hope so. Wouldn't look too good losing a 3 vs. 1.
[/quote]

Please think before you speak. NSO has more members than us.

[quote name='NationRuler' date='05 May 2010 - 09:02 PM' timestamp='1273107738' post='2288353']
Yeah, for NSO nations.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Well, I should hope you didn't lose that much considering you outnumbered them by at least seven to one.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='05 May 2010 - 09:08 PM' timestamp='1273108092' post='2288374']
[color="#0000FF"]Well, I should hope you didn't lose that much considering you outnumbered them by at least seven to one.[/color]
[/quote]

Actually we were outnumbered too, Reb. We fought like 7 alliances.

[quote]Oh, so now it's a victory? Glad that's settled.[/quote]

Good to see that we've come to a consensus on this issue.

Edited by Penkala