NPO Annoucement: 2nd Triannual Report of the 6th Year of Order

[quote name='flak attack' date='07 May 2010 - 02:37 AM' timestamp='1273217821' post='2290083']
GOONS, MK, Genmay, Valhalla, GS and STA all had MDP+ level treaties with NPO when they were beat down
[/quote]

This is true but the other side also had treaties with us. We had to pick a side and we didn't attack a single one of these alliances in reality. At least i am pretty sure do correct me if i am wrong. I mean there was nothing to do but pick a side and at the time the other side was closer. In ways its similar to the Karma war when our wonderful allies like Sparta had to pick a side. Of course they choose to attack there former ally 3 days later for their "years of corruption" and for an alliance they barely even knew.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='flak attack' date='07 May 2010 - 08:37 AM' timestamp='1273217821' post='2290083']
GOONS, MK, Genmay, Valhalla, GS and STA all had MDP+ level treaties with NPO when they were beat down
[/quote]
Valhalla went down with NPO fighting on their side in Karma (not in Bipolar but NPO are under terms and don't hold MDPs). GS had their treaty cancelled and they were attacked directly for supporting FAN – including them is about as honest as including FAN themselves. There is a good point to be made about how NPO has historically treated their allies but you don't help that case by bringing claims to the table that don't stand up.

[quote name='flak attack' date='07 May 2010 - 08:37 AM' timestamp='1273217821' post='2290083']
[/quote]

Almost every alliance that is a big part of the MDP web will, in a great war, end up with treaties on both sides. Your criteria cannot be used as an accurate description for "backstabbing", as it runs into many problems. First off, if we were to take it at face value, it would imply that backstabbing is the norm in the world - which quite obviously is at odds with its depiction as a notably "bad" act for which the "bad guys" need to be singled out. Secondly, and most importantly, a position of conflicting alliances means that whomever you pick to support, you will be leaving the other behind. In essence, any course of action would fit that definition of "backstabbing" - which makes no sense. If every possible decision were to lead to someone being left behind, then it either leads to the conclusion that backstabbing is not something to be frowned on (which I am sure most of us would disagree with), or that said actions are not in fact a backstabbing.

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='07 May 2010 - 08:14 AM' timestamp='1273234460' post='2290160']
Valhalla went down with NPO fighting on their side in Karma (not in Bipolar but NPO are under terms and don't hold MDPs). GS had their treaty cancelled and they were attacked directly for supporting FAN – including them is about as honest as including FAN themselves. There is a good point to be made about how NPO has historically treated their allies but you don't help that case by bringing claims to the table that don't stand up.
[/quote]
He's talking about the Unjust War.

Yep, we're still fighting 2007.

[quote name='Sir Paul' date='07 May 2010 - 05:58 AM' timestamp='1273208319' post='2289915']
Oh Starfox, you may bruise my nation but you will never bruise my ego. Besides, I thought the OWF was as quiet as a library in our tenure; not as loud as a beargarden as yours is. Regardless, I'll discuss this with you in the new manner, but retaining my Pacifican civility.

[i]I'll wind Franco's colors round my loins—
The jet and azure bars,
If the Fox does not feel the stripes,
I'll make him see the stars![/i]
[/quote]
The OWF was quiet as a library, but it was also more entertaining? Those two don't correlate. Also, Pacifican Civility is an oxymoron.

I see what you guys are trying to do. You're basically attempting to paint yourselves as the old wise people, who ran a safe, sturdy world. I get that you're a propagandist, but quit attempting to deceive people. I guess it doesn't matter though, the only people falling for it are people in TPF, and Haflinger, apparently.

[quote name='deathcat' date='07 May 2010 - 07:22 AM' timestamp='1273213324' post='2290035']
But I would agree with SP's assessment of the OWF.. Its a playground once run by bullying tactics.. One day the Kindergarteners got tired of forking over the lunch money and decided to gangup on the Bullies.. Now they have them tied up on the monkey bars meanwhile every now and then, they forget they are 5 and start beating up random other kids on the playground.. Seriously.. its true! :P
[/quote]
That was the worst description of the OWF I've ever heard.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='07 May 2010 - 01:48 PM' timestamp='1273236484' post='2290181']
He's talking about the Unjust War.

Yep, we're still fighting 2007.
[/quote]
"We're?"

May as well sign up with Pacifica already.

[quote name='Starfox101' date='07 May 2010 - 11:34 AM' timestamp='1273246433' post='2290281']
I see what you guys are trying to do. You're basically attempting to paint yourselves as the old wise people, who ran a safe, sturdy world. I get that you're a propagandist, but quit attempting to deceive people. I guess it doesn't matter though, the only people falling for it are people in TPF, and Haflinger, apparently.
[/quote]
Sir Paul's trying to make a joke.

[quote name='Starfox101' date='07 May 2010 - 11:34 AM' timestamp='1273246433' post='2290281']
"We're?"

May as well sign up with Pacifica already.
[/quote]
"We" as in "All of Planet Bob."

[quote name='Haflinger' date='07 May 2010 - 05:02 PM' timestamp='1273248131' post='2290304']
Sir Paul's trying to make a joke.

"We" as in "All of Planet Bob."
[/quote]
That's a pretty jokeless joke. Funny...I guess?

And, sure. :smug:

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='06 May 2010 - 11:09 PM' timestamp='1273201754' post='2289693']
[color="#0000FF"]NPO has never really betrayed an ally. Maybe Polaris, but that really is about it. Pretty much every other alliance out their has sacrificed their dignity by kissing up to the NPO, and sold out their own friends to do so. CSN and the rest of SF are no exceptions.[/color]
[/quote]

CSN fought with GATO in the GATO-1v war. GATO and CSN held an MDP and then were members of ferocitas for a long time before that. I wouldn't call that kissing up to NPO by any stretch RV.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='07 May 2010 - 02:43 AM' timestamp='1273214601' post='2290047']
[color="#0000FF"]You became a de facto ally of the New Pacific Order after GATO-1V and that remained true for nearly a year.[/color]
[/quote]

What are you talking about? :huh:

I actually don't understand how even Rebel Virginia could come to such an absurd conclusion.

Edited by Lord Brendan

[quote name='NationRuler' date='07 May 2010 - 05:27 PM' timestamp='1273211806' post='2290015']
Rebel Virginia, you tell me in what way CSN has ever sacrificed their dignity by kissing up to the NPO. Give me one, clear, specific example. You tell me exactly how CSN bent their will to that of Pacifica. The ONOS debacle doesn't count, because as you will remember, CSN (just like all of GUARD except for :(( NADC and Chaz :(( ) was all ready to ride to war until ONOS told them to stand down.

Tell me. Enlighten me.

And I swore I wouldn't again post in this thread....
[/quote]

I heard different....EC was a nasty piece of work after all.

[quote name='kerschbs' date='07 May 2010 - 12:21 PM' timestamp='1273249288' post='2290322']
CSN fought with GATO in the GATO-1v war. GATO and CSN held an MDP and then were members of ferocitas for a long time before that. I wouldn't call that kissing up to NPO by any stretch RV.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I already acknowledged that CSN was against NPO in that war. I am talking about what they did after the war, however. The took quite a different path.[/color]

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='07 May 2010 - 12:55 PM' timestamp='1273251338' post='2290353']
What are you talking about? :huh:

I actually don't understand how even Rebel Virginia could come to such an absurd conclusion.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Since RIA, Fark, RoK, etc. supported the NPO, and Superfriends supported them, Superfriends supported the NPO. CSN is and was a member of Superfriends, and by default supported the NPO. There's your textbook definition of de facto, sparky.[/color]

The alliances of CSN, RoK, NV, NpO, IRON, GRE and so on have all kissed NPO $@! at some point in its lifespan so please stop with the "we always been foes" argument because its complete and utter garbage. If you realize it or not your ally's allies do matter.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='07 May 2010 - 01:43 AM' timestamp='1273214601' post='2290047']
[color="#0000FF"]You became a de facto ally of the New Pacific Order after GATO-1V and that remained true for nearly a year.[/color]
[/quote]

That's not "kissing up". You know it. You're wrong. You can't handle it, and you chose an example that does not fit the requirements in order to hear yourself talk and in order to protect your overinflated ego that most likely results from not getting enough hugs from your mother.

You have no place talking on the OWF about your allies in the manner you have over the course of this thread and many others. You have no business being in RIA. You're war criminal against the very alliances in which you reside. Living one treaty away from you sickens me.

The sooner you leave, the sooner I get to nuke you, and the sooner you ragequit and I never have to read your whiny, insignificant, self-inflating blue texted posts again, the better.

[quote name='Left_Behind' date='07 May 2010 - 08:55 PM' timestamp='1273280130' post='2290850']
The alliances of CSN, RoK, NV, NpO, IRON, GRE and so on have all kissed NPO $@! at some point in its lifespan so please stop with the "we always been foes" argument because its complete and utter garbage. If you realize it or not your ally's allies do matter.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I really only have a problem with those that have yet to face judgment. Sparta, MHA, RoK, Fark, etc. These are also the alliances that received a vast majority of reparations in Karma and the last war. Alliances whom were often complacent and accomplices in the NPO's actions. Not the alliances that the NPO actually wronged. See we're I'm going here?[/color]

[quote name='NationRuler' date='07 May 2010 - 09:39 PM' timestamp='1273282733' post='2290881']
That's not "kissing up". You know it. You're wrong. You can't handle it, and you chose an example that does not fit the requirements in order to hear yourself talk and in order to protect your overinflated ego that most likely results from not getting enough hugs from your mother.

You have no place talking on the OWF about your allies in the manner you have over the course of this thread and many others. You have no business being in RIA. You're war criminal against the very alliances in which you reside. Living one treaty away from you sickens me.

The sooner you leave, the sooner I get to nuke you, and the sooner you ragequit and I never have to read your whiny, insignificant, self-inflating blue texted posts again, the better.[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I'm a war criminal? Seriously? I've committed atrocities? Have I ever tech raided a 50 man alliance? Have I ever PZIed anyone? Please, tell me what I have done. Unless of course you consider having a dissenting opinion to be a heinous, unforgivable crime.

Also, don't count on me going anywhere anytime soon. I've been at this a lot longer than you have. Plus, if the NPO couldn't get rid of me what makes you think your unworthy crew can?[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='NationRuler' date='07 May 2010 - 06:48 PM' timestamp='1273283306' post='2290892']
Edit: I'm done fighting this useless fight.

I concede to your overwhelming debating power, RV. Here, feed your ego.
[/quote]
doinitwrong :-/

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='07 May 2010 - 06:41 PM' timestamp='1273282895' post='2290885']
I really only have a problem with those that have yet to face judgment. Sparta, MHA, RoK, Fark, etc.[/quote]

When Sparta does finally get this justice you feel we deserve, be ready to fight in the exact same trench we will be in, as close allies. :blush:

Edited by Seth Muscarella

[quote name='NationRuler' date='08 May 2010 - 01:09 PM' timestamp='1273282733' post='2290881']

The sooner you leave, the sooner I get to nuke you, and the sooner you ragequit and I never have to read your whiny, insignificant, self-inflating blue texted posts again, the better.
[/quote]

Lesson learned from this topic?

RV really gets to people..

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='07 May 2010 - 07:11 PM' timestamp='1273273878' post='2290737']
[color="#0000FF"]I already acknowledged that CSN was against NPO in that war. I am talking about what they did after the war, however. The took quite a different path.[/color]

[color="#0000FF"]Since RIA, Fark, RoK, etc. supported the NPO, and Superfriends supported them, Superfriends supported the NPO. CSN is and was a member of Superfriends, and by default supported the NPO. There's your textbook definition of de facto, sparky.[/color]
[/quote]

Not so. Our external policies have changed very little in the past two years. The only FA change of any significance was the falling out with USN, and that was more them moving in another direction than anything (although I really don't want to start that discussion, so if you want to reply to that, PM please).

I believe you are a little confused on the timeline here. We did not join the SuperFriends until August 3rd, 2009, at which point SF was certainly not supportive of NPO, having just defeated her in the Karma War.

[quote name='Left_Behind' date='07 May 2010 - 08:55 PM' timestamp='1273280130' post='2290850']
[/quote]

We have never been aligned with the New Pacific Order. Really. Being treatied to RIA and Fark in the fall of '08 is about the closest, and that's a mighty stretch indeed.

I do apologize to NPO for seemingly stealing the spotlight in this announcement of theirs.

Edited by Lord Brendan

[color="#0000FF"]I never said you were allied to the NPO. I merely said you were allied to alliances with treaties with the NPO. So, whether you like it or not you did enable the NPO. As I have said many times before the few alliances that did not have a connection, and who did directly or indirectly support the NPO, were those in CnG. Everyone else is guilty of empowering the NPO. There is no way to change this simple fact.[/color]

[quote name='Walker Texas Ranger' date='07 May 2010 - 12:39 PM' timestamp='1273246726' post='2290286']
Ah, Pacifica. The one constant of Cybernations. Utterly destroyed twice, yet they still return.

Pacifica shall outlast us all, to the chagrin of all surviving members of the Great Wars.
[/quote]

Third times a charm!

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='08 May 2010 - 06:12 AM' timestamp='1273295533' post='2291106']
[color="#0000FF"]I never said you were allied to the NPO. I merely said you were allied to alliances with treaties with the NPO. So, whether you like it or not you did enable the NPO. As I have said many times before the few alliances that did not have a connection, and who did directly or indirectly support the NPO, were those in CnG. Everyone else is guilty of empowering the NPO. There is no way to change this simple fact.[/color]
[/quote]

This man speaks the truth.