Exodus

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Trace' date='23 March 2010 - 10:51 PM' timestamp='1269384642' post='2234531']
Oh man. We didn't even have to enact a doctrine or something. But seriously, moving sphere's (especially to ones of nearly identical size) is such a joke. Team sphere's have so little impact on Foreign Affairs these days, that the only reason would be to move from a smaller one where trades are hard to find, to a larger one. If your intellectual minds really feel that the 100 extra nations blue has will help...well, then I'm stumped.
[/quote]
Maybe they just want to be as far away from you as possible. But seriously, you are slagging them off for making a decision that, as your own argument states, has little or no impact whatsoever. If you are so stretched for anti-NATO material that you have to resort to criticising them for decisions that have [i]no impact[/i], you know you are scraping the barrel. Why don't you do us all a favour and save your time and typing until they do something worthy of criticism (and insults for good measure too, since I see you were compelled to include those too).

I guess what I'm saying is, if you have a real problem with NATO come out and say it, and then be done with it. Don't scrabble around in whatever announcement you find trying to score cheap points that were never there in the first place.

[quote name='Aimee Mann' date='23 March 2010 - 09:41 PM' timestamp='1269398485' post='2234810']
Maybe they just want to be as far away from you as possible. But seriously, you are slagging them off for making a decision that, as your own argument states, has little or no impact whatsoever. If you are so stretched for anti-NATO material that you have to resort to criticising them for decisions that have [i]no impact[/i], you know you are scraping the barrel. Why don't you do us all a favour and save your time and typing until they do something worthy of criticism (and insults for good measure too, since I see you were compelled to include those too).

I guess what I'm saying is, if you have a real problem with NATO come out and say it, and then be done with it. Don't scrabble around in whatever announcement you find trying to score cheap points that were never there in the first place.
[/quote]
What he's saying makes sense. He's criticizing the decision of NATO's to put their members through finding entirely new trades for no reason at all. He's right to say it doesn't make sense.

It'll be weird to have you be on blue NATO. Though maybe not that weird, aqua and blue are pretty similar colors.

[quote name='Shodemofi' date='23 March 2010 - 11:34 PM' timestamp='1269401678' post='2234856']
What he's saying makes sense. He's criticizing the decision of NATO's to put their members through finding entirely new trades for no reason at all. He's right to say it doesn't make sense.

It'll be weird to have you be on blue NATO. Though maybe not that weird, aqua and blue are pretty similar colors.
[/quote]
Actually it was just trade circle reevaluation week and Aqua was a little tied up... :-P

[quote name='Newhotness' date='23 March 2010 - 08:27 PM' timestamp='1269390411' post='2234629']
right about now id say you guys are being more childish about it than Trace and Archon
[/quote]
Oh this statement drips in irony.

[quote name='Newhotness' date='23 March 2010 - 08:36 PM' timestamp='1269390990' post='2234644']
tell that to Alterego
[/quote]
Altergo isn't in NATO.
Nice Try.

[quote name='Shodemofi' date='23 March 2010 - 10:34 PM' timestamp='1269401678' post='2234856']

[/quote]

74% of NATO voted for a full move to Blue. The government members are not making NATOans do anything they do not wish to do.

[quote name='R3nowned' date='23 March 2010 - 11:56 PM' timestamp='1269406557' post='2234967']
Hi TFD, NADC, MCXA and others (the list is rather long innit?) :D
[/quote]

Why hello there.

Wait... aren't we multicolored?

/me goes to check the wiki.

Edited by supercoolyellow

[quote name='Stumpy Jung Il' date='23 March 2010 - 11:31 PM' timestamp='1269405101' post='2234942']
While its sad to see an old Aqua alliance leave I cant say Im all that upset that its NATO that is leaving. I haven't really agreed with you guys... ever. Good luck none the less though, especially to my love bunny Wentworth. :wub:
[/quote]

You know you will always have a place in my heart

[quote name='kevin32891' date='23 March 2010 - 11:59 PM' timestamp='1269403142' post='2234889']
Oh this statement drips in irony.
[/quote]
Ive never acted childish over a colorshpere change. people in my past alliances may have been but not me. sorry buddy

[quote name='kevin32891' date='23 March 2010 - 11:59 PM' timestamp='1269403142' post='2234889']

Altergo isn't in NATO.
Nice Try.
[/quote]
No !@#$. you dont have to be in NATO to be childish about the situation. and i never said he was in NATO.

Edited by Newhotness

[quote name='Shodemofi' date='24 March 2010 - 03:34 AM' timestamp='1269401678' post='2234856']
What he's saying makes sense. He's criticizing the decision of NATO's to put their members through finding entirely new trades for no reason at all. He's right to say [b]it doesn't make sense.[/b][/quote]
Indeed, moving spheres for no reason at all doesn't make sense... the logical assumption to make would then surely be that they have a good reason for moving. Suggesting that they have no good reason but moved anyway is just a laughable smear attempt really.

The firm assumption that there is is 'no reason at all' for an alliance to move spheres may be great for attempting to paint NATO's leaders as bumbling, foolish, incompetent, etc etc, but it is also a view that completely ignores the foreign affairs considerations of existence on a sphere. You have to work with the alliances on a sphere if you want trade or senate cooperation, which could be more difficult than is desirable if relations aren't as good as they could be. What team you are on dictates who you have to work with in these situations, so it clearly does have an impact on foreign affairs. That's just one example to illustrate that there are more reasons for moving sphere than going from a smaller one to a larger one for trade purposes, and that it's not as simple as +1 happiness is +1 happiness, wherever you go.

I really think questioning the sincerity of his criticisms is a valid thing to do when he insults the alliance in the very same post. It seems to me as though he's seen a NATO topic and decided to attack it whatever the content. Fine, but he should at least be open about it, instead of dressing his grudges up in faux-concern for the alliance's members.

Edited by Aimee Mann

[quote name='Jace Couture' date='24 March 2010 - 01:03 AM' timestamp='1269392615' post='2234675']
Njebite have a tendency to get utterly smashed at such events. Nothing like the Soronian populace who know the concept of moderation.

But, we'll be there for the party, sounds like it's a blast waiting to happen. Expected this from Blue, and especially from TFD those smexy guys there.
[/quote]

.... have you just thrown a party in our name without asking us first... :o:frantic::frantic::frantic:

still, great idea, beach party at TFD!