Recognition of war

Why would ZI'ing a nation and seeking reps be preferable?

We are conducting a limited one round war with no stagger and no nukes. We are not going to seek any reparations and plan white peace at the end of the conflict. It is very neat and tidy and will cause minimal damage overall in regards to comparative conflict scenarios.

That's how they've been trained to think, my Lord.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His intentions were not aggressive; they were a joke. We ALL know this. Jason8 gave anthony and NSO plenty of opportunities to stop with the joke (after anthony asked to be attacked), but they continued to play along. Now suddenly they are victims? give me a break.

I don't consider an attack on a member of my alliance to be a joke. So, I don't blame the NSO for not seeing it that way either. If you get goaded by someone to take a swing at them and then decide to take them up on the offer, don't be surprised if you get your nose bloodied over it.

Why would ZI'ing a nation and seeking reps be preferable?

We are conducting a limited one round war with no stagger and no nukes. We are not going to seek any reparations and plan white peace at the end of the conflict. It is very neat and tidy and will cause minimal damage overall in regards to comparative conflict scenarios.

Because it would punish the offender while not resorting to an alliance wide attack as a first resort, showing that while you can crush them as a whole, you are willing to be reasonable due to the fact that it is, after all, only a single war. Hey, at least thats my opinion.

However, like I said, to each his own.

While I agree that no diplomacy was needed or wanted on either side, can you honestly say that NSO is a victim here? They publicly consented to attacks on their nations.
Yes because I do not believe that posturing legitimizes an aggressive attack. You know the kind of aggressive attack that Jason8 has admitted to starting in this very thread.

While I agree that no diplomacy was needed or wanted on either side, can you honestly say that NSO is a victim here? They publicly consented to attacks on their nations.

Uh, they had one of their nations declared upon and they acted in a defensive posture that They find fitting. That is their sovereign right and despite all the spinning going on against NSO, no one can say they were not declared upon first without intentionally lying.

His intentions were not aggressive; they were a joke. We ALL know this. Jason8 gave anthony and NSO plenty of opportunities to stop with the joke (after anthony asked to be attacked), but they continued to play along. Now suddenly they are victims? give me a break.

The announcement of war was not made in an area that is fitting for jokes and even the rulers above stated such so no it was no longer a joke at that point and the attacks came AFTER the ruling was handed down so you really have no soapbox to stand upon here.

I don't consider an attack on a member of my alliance to be a joke. So, I don't blame the NSO for not seeing it that way either. If you get goaded by someone to take a swing at them and then decide to take them up on the offer, don't be surprised if you get your nose bloodied over it.

Whats more amusing is all the complaining is going on despite the fact that this all started out with a declaration of war by RAD in a place where joke declarations are (ooc) not allowed (/ooc). So really still using the joke defense is comparable to saying nothing at all. That means your entire defense is equivalent to trying to hold water in a bucket full of holes.

Because it would punish the offender while not resorting to an alliance wide attack as a first resort, showing that while you can crush them as a whole, you are willing to be reasonable due to the fact that it is, after all, only a single war. Hey, at least thats my opinion.

However, like I said, to each his own.

Right, as if an entire thread declaring war on anyone using the OWF should RAD choose to do so is not equivalent in stupidity to the actions of RyanGDI. You and yours really should not be here trying to pass judgement. Just go back to your own war in which you have overwhelming odds in your favor.

Edited by HeinousOne

Yes because I do not believe that posturing legitimizes an aggressive attack. You know the kind of aggressive attack that Jason8 has admitted to starting in this very thread.

I believe asking someone to attack you makes you getting attacked your own fault. Declaring war over it, especially when it was obviously intended in good fun and plenty of room was given for the person who was attacked to back out, that I consider to be aggressive by virtue of unnecessary force. Unless arranged duels are now grounds for alliances wars? They are attacks on members after all.

This is absolutely ridiculous, this whole situation is rubbish. This is no worse than the TPF-RAD recruiting fiasco, and right now NSO is no better than Slayer99. NSO members baited members of RAD into war, and Ivan should have learned sometime during his 3+ years of CN that RAD is quite lulzy. When baited, they'll take the bait.

NSO should have spoken to Hakai before declaring war. This is absolutely ridiculous.

Logs? Posts? Evidence? Sorry, proof is lacking.

EDIT: Hell, if I'm missing something obvious here, tear me apart, but please provide me with something I can look at concerning this.

This Charles Foxtrot started off as a joke in this thread: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=66133

Since then things have went from ill-advised to facepalm in less then 24 hours.

But to be honest, we're probably better off not seeing the evidence. Repeated facepalming can result in a British accent (even if you're French), a tendency to habitually tug at your shirt tail, and overuse of the phrase, "make it so".

In my opinion the victim literally asked for it. In fact his words were "Don't forget me!" with a link to his nation. I'm not sure what more he could have done to state that he wanted the real deal. But I get where you are coming from: words =/= actions, our opinion differs but I'll accept it.

This is absolutely ridiculous, this whole situation is rubbish. This is no worse than the TPF-RAD recruiting fiasco, and right now NSO is no better than Slayer99. NSO members baited members of RAD into war, and Ivan should have learned sometime during his 3+ years of CN that RAD is quite lulzy. When baited, they'll take the bait.

NSO should have spoken to Hakai before declaring war. This is absolutely ridiculous.

You assume everyone in the Cyberverse has to recognise "lulz".

I don't you or many of you actually sat in #rad to see what sort of shenanigans go on there. That channel is like at least 65% lulz, 30% spam and 4.5% other, and 0.5% business. (I put .5% as quite high for the public channel).

But yeah I hope RAD gets this resolved quickly, because honestly, a joke is a joke.

This Charles Foxtrot started off as a joke in this thread: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=66133

Since then things have went from ill-advised to facepalm in less then 24 hours.

But to be honest, we're probably better off not seeing the evidence. Repeated facepalming can result in a British accent (even if you're French), a tendency to habitually tug at your shirt tail, and overuse of the phrase, "make it so".

/me facepalms.

NSO baited members of RAD into a war that RAD declared in the (ooc) Alliance Announcements IC (/ooc) section? I suppose next we should say that NPO's declaration of OV spying to have been nothing but a joke declaration?

Uh, they had one of their nations declared upon and they acted in a defensive posture that They find fitting. That is their sovereign right and despite all the spinning going on against NSO, no one can say they were not declared upon first without intentionally lying.

You need to look in the mirror sir and stop spinning my words. I never said RAD didn't declare first, its obvious on the war screen. The point I'm arguing is that the NSO nations wanted their nations to be declared on.

Mmmmmmm, whine to me some more baby!