Recognition of war

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've asked twice, not gotten an answer though...still waiting.
!@#$ son. NSO just became the victim of aggressive military action. They have no need, or obligation, to run and try and patch things up over something they didn't do. That's RAD's job.

Also you make me smile because I don't think you even realize that you're advocating the perpetuation of the kind of mindless preservation of the status quo through huggle diplomacy that was utilized by the "Hegemony" to keep the game stagnant and boring for years on end.

I can't figure out how it matters to you at all much less so in the context of what your opinion of how the issue should have been resolved.

I really don't care how you deal with the issue. Infact, if you just went to war with them and didn't claim all this aggressive action by RAD !@#$%^&*, i'd be fine

There are no defenders in this war. It's a case of mutual stupidity and the people trying to claim otherwise are being disingenuous at best. The amount of spin being layered on something this trivial is starting to annoy me a lot more than the actual war. If you're going to try and play everyone, could you please pick something that isn't this blatantly dumb to be the subject?

Ah, so if a member of my leadership council declared upon you and then launched attacks and then your alliance was told that we knew what we were doing and understood the consequences and basically stated "what are you going to do about it" that would be okay?

I just want to know for future reference.

There are no defenders in this war. It's a case of mutual stupidity and the people trying to claim otherwise are being disingenuous at best. The amount of spin being layered on something this trivial is starting to annoy me a lot more than the actual war. If you're going to try and play everyone, could you please pick something that isn't this blatantly dumb to be the subject?

As long as this remains a 1v1 then yes you are correct but as soon as a third alliance decides to take this seriously enough to jump in too then that is when the wording of treaties and the fact that a RAD nation was the first to declare war all comes in to play in a serious way.

!@#$ son. NSO just became the victim of aggressive military action. They have no need, or obligation, to run and try and patch things up over something they didn't do. That's RAD's job.

Also you make me smile because I don't think you even realize that you're advocating the perpetuation of the kind of mindless preservation of the status quo through huggle diplomacy that was utilized by the "Hegemony" to keep the game stagnant and boring for years on end.

While I agree that no diplomacy was needed or wanted on either side, can you honestly say that NSO is a victim here? They publicly consented to attacks on their nations.

I think you are missing the point. I get what you are saying, but you are reading some things as spin where no spin is present. This is actually very cut and dried. If you attack an alliance, you will probably be counter attacked. If you attack a nation, they reserve the right to protect their membership. Yes it may have been poor form for an NSO member to say what he did, but that didn't force RAD to attack him.

In fact, this is even simpler than that. Back in the day, way way back, LUE used to do this thing where they'd declare on nations (often NPO) and do no attacks. They did it over and over just hoping to provoke something. This is the same thing. RAD pokes and pokes and tries oh so hard to provoke. Those of us with brains realize that you can only poke the bear and run away so many times before if mauls you. This is the mauling part.

RAD is lucky they attacked the NSO really. While they may have no sense of humor, they aren't the kind of alliance who would try and cause RAD to disband over it. If RAD somehow smartens up and plays it right, they'll get a week or war and move on a bit bruised. Had this been a Hegemony alliance we'd be looking at a far different picture.

I think asking for a ZI of the offending member, reps for the attacks, or something of the sort to avoid alliance war would have been just fine, wouldent be huggle diplomacy (which I share your hate for lol), and not kept the game stagnant. Chances are, RAD would have said no, and the result would have been the same...so to just shoot them all is a bit...much...in my opinion.

To each his own.

Ah, so if a member of my leadership council declared upon you and then launched attacks and then your alliance was told that we knew what we were doing and understood the consequences and basically stated "what are you going to do about it" that would be okay?

I just want to know for future reference.

If I asked you to attack me on the OWF and you attacked me, that would be fine, yes.

I really don't care how you deal with the issue. Infact, if you just went to war with them and didn't claim all this aggressive action by RAD !@#$%^&*, i'd be fine

Yes, because a RAD member attacking an NSO member was not an aggressive action. lol

Yes, because a RAD member attacking an NSO member was not an aggressive action. lol

His intentions were not aggressive; they were a joke. We ALL know this. Jason8 gave anthony and NSO plenty of opportunities to stop with the joke (after anthony asked to be attacked), but they continued to play along. Now suddenly they are victims? give me a break.

I think asking for a ZI of the offending member, reps for the attacks, or something of the sort to avoid alliance war would have been just fine, wouldent be huggle diplomacy (which I share your hate for lol), and not kept the game stagnant. Chances are, RAD would have said no, and the result would have been the same...so to just shoot them all is a bit...much...in my opinion.

To each his own.

Why would ZI'ing a nation and seeking reps be preferable?

We are conducting a limited one round war with no stagger and no nukes. We are not going to seek any reparations and plan white peace at the end of the conflict. It is very neat and tidy and will cause minimal damage overall in regards to comparative conflict scenarios.

His intentions were not aggressive; they were a joke. We ALL know this. Jason8 gave anthony and NSO plenty of opportunities to stop with the joke (after anthony asked to be attacked), but they continued to play along. Now suddenly they are victims? give me a break.

Logs? Posts? Evidence? Sorry, proof is lacking.

EDIT: Hell, if I'm missing something obvious here, tear me apart, but please provide me with something I can look at concerning this.

Edited by Pacifism

We are conducting a limited one round war with no stagger and no nukes. We are not going to seek any reparations and plan white peace at the end of the conflict. It is very neat and tidy and will cause minimal damage overall in regards to comparative conflict scenarios.

/me puts the case back over the big red button, locks it up, and puts the key back in his pocket.