Recognition of war

Yes, if the attacking nation had hostile intents I would agree that it is reasonable to expect the defending alliance to support the nation being attacked. However, when two nations are in a friendly duel, I don't expect their alliances to get involved. To me, Anthony seemed to be asking for a friendly duel. The mood of the whole thread was one of humor and joviality. There was nothing to suggest that the people asking to be attacked would bring their whole alliances into the fray.

NSO should have tried diplomacy becuase it would have avoided pointless destruction.

Also, the route I am suggesting is more logical than what the NSO has done. Of course, I am assuming that the NSO does not want to fabricate tensions, create trouble for other alliances, and create destruction. I think I may be wrong on that one.

mousetrapf.jpg

Stupid trap didn't get the joke!

Edited by Tygaland

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RAD didn't declare war upon the NSO. Yes, some of you may argue that attacking one member is attacking them all, however RAD had permission to attack Anthony and they did not have hostile intents towards the NSO. So RAD's attack cannot be considered a DoW. Furthermore, if we were to observe most, if not all, of the cases in which these types of things occured, we would notice that alliances tried diplomacy before they recognized hostilities or declared war.

But did anthony say there would be zero consequences for attacking him?

Go check my nations bio. I give everybody permission to attack me in it and always have, not a chance that you are gonna get away scott free for doing so though.

NSO was the ones attacked. Anthony may have asked for it, but J8 actually declared war, deployed troops, and launched multiple ground attacks placing anthony's nation into anarchy.

The defending party is under no obligation to try diplomacy. They are under the obligation to defend their members from attacks in whatever way *they* deem appropriate, not you. They deemed military action was an appropriate response to military action.

Works for me.

Yes, they were not under obligation to try diplomacy, however, if they don't, then it is a clear indication that they wanted to create tensions and destroy RAD.

Yes, they were not under obligation to try diplomacy, however, if they don't, then it is a clear indication that they wanted to create tensions and destroy RAD.

Now you're putting words into their mouth.

Its more like they chose to respond to aggressive military action on one of their nations with military action of their own.

Seems like Karma to me........

(and J8 did launch attacks so it sure as heck was aggressive military action)

Now you're putting words into their mouth.

Its more like they chose to respond to aggressive military action on one of their nations with military action of their own.

Yeah, and that creates tensions and destruction. However, taking the diplomatic route would have prevented that and would have created a solution that is favorable to both parties. If NSO rejects diplomacy, what does that tell you about their intents?

Yes, with a 1 week war and no nukes, we're destroying RAD.

Ok, so perhaps that was an exaggeration. However you will still be creating tensions and you will cause pointless destruction.

Yeah, and that creates tensions and destruction. However, taking the diplomatic route would have prevented that and would have created a solution that is favorable to both parties. If NSO rejects diplomacy, what does that tell you about their intents?

Ok, so perhaps that was an exaggeration. However you will still be creating tensions and you will cause pointless destruction.

i guess they must just be those evil sith then.

Seriously, an NSO nation was attacked and everybody feels there should be no consequences to that action? No wonder planet bob gets so boring at times.

Seriously, an NSO nation was attacked and everybody feels there should be no consequences to that action? No wonder planet bob gets so boring at times.

From my observation of similar actions in the history of planet bob, I believe that the conditions under which that nation was attacked do not warrant a response from the NSO. Even if it did warrant a response, this type of response was the most destructive and the most unnecessary.

Sweet blitz dudes :v:

Bloke who 'blitzed' me seemingly forgot to actually attack. I am an inactive player, mostly. I got the 'war has been declared on you) email, built up my troops and stuff and ended up anarchying him without being attacked back before update even happened. This make me am sad. Then again my nation is tiny and so is just target practice, I suppose.

Man the constant back and forth repetition of the same handful of points in this thread is making me pull a face not dissimilar to this :gag: . Except more handsome.

Edited by jonny cardboard

From my observation of similar actions in the history of planet bob, I believe that the conditions under which that nation was attacked do not warrant a response from the NSO. Even if it did warrant a response, this type of response was the most destructive and the most unnecessary.

NSO felt a response was warranted. Given that they were the ones attacked i believe it may just be within their rights to make that decision.

Bloke who 'blitzed' me seemingly forgot to actually attack and ended up in anarchy himself before update even happened. Then again my nation is tiny and so is just target practice, I suppose.

Maybe he just declared a lulz war! :awesome:

I'm not going to argue with you, but were RAD the larger alliance, and NSO had done the same thing to one of our nations, I can imagine a few laughs being had, maybe a little bit of banter back and forth, and then we'd all go sleep in our beds.

But I realize NSO is not RAD, and that is fine.

NSO felt a response was warranted. Given that they were the ones attacked i believe it may just be within their rights to make that decision.

I'm not arguing that they didn't have a right to do it. I'm arguing that their response was not reasonable. And I gave my reasons on why I felt that way.

I'm not going to argue with you, but were RAD the larger alliance, and NSO had done the same thing to one of our nations, I can imagine a few laughs being had, maybe a little bit of banter back and forth, and then we'd all go sleep in our beds.

But I realize NSO is not RAD, and that is fine.

nah, everybody would be presuring you to wipe NSO off the face of the planet. I mean every NSO thread brings out the haters.

of course it would still be your decision to do something about it or not.

I'm not arguing that they didn't have a right to do it. I'm arguing that their response was not reasonable. And I gave my reasons on why I felt that way.

Clearly we disagree about what a reasonable response constituted in this instance. As it was our response to make, our interpretation was the pertinent one. When someone "joke" attacks one of your nations you can handle it however you like.

And i am certain your opinion is the only one that matters right?