Sparta goes for a swim

9 minutes ago, Smitty256 said:

Damn you HoT for making me agree with you. I never thought that this day would come. 🤣🤣

How do you think I feel? I agree with him and am in an alliance with him. Van Hoo III is rolling over in his grave. ;)

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Van Hoo X said:

How do you think I feel? I agree with him and am in an alliance with him. Van Hoo III is rolling over in his grave. ;)

It's like, I don't know to feel about this. I have never agreed with HoT before, it's a weird feeling.

2 hours ago, CrinkledStraw said:

I don't think anyone thought the Communists were that big of a problem. Sure have heard a lot about them all of a sudden.

Ain't that the truth. Doom decided to overkill stomp the commies about a month ago, so it's totally uncool to have hit them when they were already engaged in a blatant curbstomp?

Pfft. 

3 hours ago, HeroofTime55 said:

How long ago that war was declared means little. It was declared, it was never concluded, and most importantly, the intervening years have been filled with raids by DBDC upon various alliances, under the guide of this DoW.

A DoW made, clearly, with the assumption that Mommy Pacifica would step in if anyone responded - as we see now.

What is tiring is the effort to pretend this is anything other than what it is, pretending that some minor legal technicality (which doesn't even exist, mind you) is justification for throwing longstanding relationships under the bus.  That just isn't how that plays out, unless there are other unspoken reasons for dropping such treaties at the first whiff of a possible excuse.

First, I was addressing Berbers' claim it happened 'in Fall', so it matters quite a bit in that context.

Secondly, you continue to do a massive disservice to your side. When it was "hey remember that post a couple years ago haha challenge accepted eat nukes" it was fun and I could get behind that. More and more I see an attempt to portray this as a legitimate defensive action and it's just really not a good look. 

It's the difference between a friendly war and an angry one. And this ends best for your side if it's a friendly war. 

@Warden, since you made the DoW, maybe you can shed some light on your coalition's mindset.

4 hours ago, HeroofTime55 said:

This might have a slim chance at making sense if you didn't just gloss over the fact that DBDCDSDW declared an open ended war on the world and proceeded to raid various alliances on their whim.  If you want to make legalistic arguments here, you have no ground on which to stand - your ODP partners declared war on your MDoAP partner and you decided to drop the MDoAP partner for responding.

But, we all know this is just e-lawyering and isn't really what's going on. What's really going on is Pacifica doing the things Pacifica has always done, throwing loyal allies under the bus time and time again when they decide they've outlived their usefulness to Pacifica. 

Why anyone, here at the end of the world, still wants to stand beside you, or cower on the sidelines, is beyond me. Some people, I guess, are just so addicted to their spreadsheet numbers that friendships mean nothing to them.

I'm sorry, I'm just finding a hard time findinf the DS sigs on that DoW. Although that's mostly because DS didn't exist at the time. Could you, by chance, help me locate them?

Having said that, it dies appear as though you coward from then for 2 years, so I mean...

Edited by Gh0s7

44 minutes ago, Gh0s7 said:

I'm sorry, I'm just finding a hard time findinf the DS sigs on that DoW. Although that's mostly because DS didn't exist at the time. Could you, by chance, help me locate them?

Having said that, it dies appear as though you coward from then for 2 years, so I mean...

It's really no use arguing with somebody so unhinged their take on an aggressive war by FTW and NATO is "NPO is throwing loyal allies under the bus when they've outlived their usefulness." As if NPO is somehow the aggressor here.

HoT is simply rabid, and nothing you say is going to get through that skull of his.

1 hour ago, firingline said:

It's really no use arguing with somebody so unhinged their take on an aggressive war by FTW and NATO is "NPO is throwing loyal allies under the bus when they've outlived their usefulness." As if NPO is somehow the aggressor here.

HoT is simply rabid, and nothing you say is going to get through that skull of his.

An aggressive war? Doom is the one that declared war on us. 

43 minutes ago, Smitty256 said:

An aggressive war? Doom is the one that declared war on us. 

That's as if saying roll for damage declared on us. DBDC declared an open ended war 2 years ago, and you took the opportunity to take a shot at mostly DW/DS, who weren't even around at the time of said declaration. I'm curious what form of mental gymnastics you're using here

1 hour ago, firingline said:

First, I was addressing Berbers' claim it happened 'in Fall', so it matters quite a bit in that context.

Secondly, you continue to do a massive disservice to your side. When it was "hey remember that post a couple years ago haha challenge accepted eat nukes" it was fun and I could get behind that. More and more I see an attempt to portray this as a legitimate defensive action and it's just really not a good look. 

It's the difference between a friendly war and an angry one. And this ends best for your side if it's a friendly war. 

@Warden, since you made the DoW, maybe you can shed some light on your coalition's mindset.

Honestly? People here are playing semantics as to why they're throwing supposed "friends" under the bus.  I'm just making sure that if people wanna be clowns like that, that we look at the complete picture, not just which small aspects they want to cherry-pick as convenient to their case.  If you want to talk about things not being a good look.

It probably wasn't going to be an "angry war" until that point. But it's a sad and pathetic showing. This is a game that is barely clinging on to life, this is certainly going to be the last major war we ever see. It would have changed next to nothing for some of these cancellations to simply, you know, not have happened.  There was no need to burn bridges like that, create enemies out of friends, all for what?  No spreadsheet numbers were at risk.  There was no point in generating so much bad will.  It makes no sense.  But it happened, and now they're trying to justify their stupidity.

Our coalition mindset? The world is dead, friends are more important than spreadsheet numbers.  Some alliances like Legion and Sparta figured that out. Some are worried about their spreadsheet numbers and have gone into hiding once again. And some have decided to throw "friends" under the bus for no reason.

17 hours ago, DeathAdder said:

Lol. Your alliance went so far as to outright lie to other alliances.

NATO is deceitful, NATO are liars. I will choose anyone who is honest and who shows good faith in honoring their treaties any day of the week.

Now quit derailing Sparta's DoW because your AA sucks at basic FA.

Hmm. I think there's a plenty of evidence suggesting NATO was honest all along in our goals right up to the point of certain pre-planned cancellations. I'm certain you've seen as much. And plenty of evidence to show that Oculus (or at least certain members therein) were deceitful.  Better take a quick look in house chief. There be shens afoot under your nose if you care to see it.

Further, NATO declared no offensive war against DBDC and DBDC has acknowledged as much.  If there were some supreme peace keeping force in the game, they ought have done a better job all around.

Edited by dev0win

24 minutes ago, dev0win said:

Hmm. I think there's a plenty of evidence suggesting NATO was honest all along in our goals right up to the point of certain pre-planned cancellations. I'm certain you've seen as much. And plenty of evidence to show that Oculus (or at least certain members therein) were deceitful.  Better take a quick look in house chief. There be shens afoot under your nose if you care to see it.

Further, NATO declared no offensive war against DBDC and DBDC has acknowledged as much.  If there were some supreme peace keeping force in the game, they ought have done a better job all around.

You sure declared an offensive war against us, though.

9 minutes ago, firingline said:

You sure declared an offensive war against us, though.

This is also arguable my friend.  You see there are several posts in recent history in which "a war against doom is a war against all doom" is suggested.  So therefore by acknowledging the DBDC declaration, we acknowledged a state of war with Doom.

But then you get messy in terms of who Doom is and isn't. There's conflicting OWF posts and public and private discord about Claws/DT being doom or not depending on if they are identifying as a defensive coalition or supporting ungodly nuke raids.

This is all inconsequential though as none of the other Doom alliances that saw action out of the gate had any Oculus ties which was requested by our Oculus friends.

56 minutes ago, dev0win said:

You and portions of your membership can keep telling yourself that there was no ill will, and I'm sure you'll find plenty of support on that side of the web, you know, while they still have use of you.

Better hope this truly is the last war on Bob.

It won't get any easier for you going forward.

Edited by DeathAdder

Welcome, Sparta.  

Now you have FTW, NATO, Legion, and Sparta.  

Question - what about Non Grata?  Personally I was expecting a DoW from Non Grata every time someone else declared.  What’s their excuse to those fighting?  

Do not get me wrong, I can see Non Grata loving this arrangement.  I imagine the snickering behind the rest of your backs is a lot of fun.  

Convincing your former enemies to do all the fighting against your other enemy. Sweet.   Tell them you’re coming in later.  “Support” them on the OWF enough and maybe their membership will assume you are fighting too. 

Blah blah blah blah.  

Words are cheap

22 minutes ago, White Chocolate said:

Welcome, Sparta.  

Question - what about Non Grata?  Personally I was expecting a DoW from Non Grata every time someone else declared.  What’s their excuse to those fighting?  

Do not get me wrong, I can see Non Grata loving this arrangement.  I imagine the snickering behind the rest of your backs is a lot of fun.  

Convincing your former enemies to do all the fighting against your other enemy. Sweet.   Tell them you’re coming in later.  “Support” them on the OWF enough and maybe their membership will assume you are fighting too. 

Blah blah blah blah.  

Words are cheap

White Chocolate please stop! The in-fighting you're causing among us is tremendous the coalition might fall apart if you continue!!  You might think it's funny but we're NOT laughing. 🙄🤣

49 minutes ago, White Chocolate said:

Welcome, Sparta.  

Blah blah blah blah.  

Words are cheap

Man, your paranoia is showing. NG isn't involved in this and hasn't ever been involved in this. FTW and NATO wanted to have fun, so we acknowledged Doom's DoW on us and attacked Doom. I don't know how many times we have to explain this. We just wanted to have some fun with Doom but then y'all decided to involve yourselves. 

1 hour ago, dev0win said:

You see there are several posts in recent history in which "a war against doom is a war against all doom" is suggested.  So therefore by acknowledging the DBDC declaration, we acknowledged a state of war with Doom.

ITT: An attack on one is an attack on all is somehow represented as an attack from one is and from all.

5 hours ago, White Chocolate said:

Welcome, Sparta.  

Blah blah blah blah.  

Words are cheap

I would have gotten away with it too if it wasn’t for you meddlesome kids!

9 hours ago, HeroofTime55 said:

Our coalition mindset? The world is dead, friends are more important than spreadsheet numbers.  Some alliances like Legion and Sparta figured that out. Some are worried about their spreadsheet numbers and have gone into hiding once again. And some have decided to throw "friends" under the bus for no reason.

You don't get to speak for the coalition until you actually join the coalition.