Sparta goes for a swim

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

Awww how cute of you to be such willing meatshields while your 'friends' sit behind the frontlines getting drunk, throwing salt at ice cubes and puffing out their chests until they're 'ready' (i.e you've soaked up enough initial damage for them)

Honestly you'd think people would've learned by now if they're pawns or not. Good luck all the same to you guys.

What are you going on about this time, Johnny?

Deep breaths. 

4 hours ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

Awww how cute of you to be such willing meatshields while your 'friends' sit behind the frontlines getting drunk, throwing salt at ice cubes and puffing out their chests until they're 'ready' (i.e you've soaked up enough initial damage for them)

Honestly you'd think people would've learned by now if they're pawns or not. Good luck all the same to you guys.

Swing and a miss JA, but you already knew that. 

o/ Sparta 

Edited by kerschbs

4 hours ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

You’re going to make us have to log dump when this is over, aren’t you? 

Some people just never learn.

o/ Meatshields and Pawns…err I mean Sparta! 

PS: Plenty of initial damage to go around.

5 hours ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

Lol at the concept of Bob learning stuff. That's great. :laugh:

Have fun, guys.

5 hours ago, Rebel Virginia said:

Are you sure this isn't a metaphor for the current state of NPO?

"I... cannot deny that this might be true. Also.. wanted to give a shout out to Illyria for being a good spirited combat partner and conversationalists. I will try to ensure you go down with the mightiest of possible bangs the Dragonisian arsenal might achieve.." 

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

13 minutes ago, Maelstrom Vortex said:

"I... cannot deny that this might be true. Also.. wanted to give a shout out to Illyria for being a good spirited combat partner and conversationalists. I will try to ensure you go down with the mightiest of possible bangs the Dragonisian arsenal might achieve.." 

Combat... When you have 170k tech vs their 70k and you're 6 vs 1 it must be pretty boring and one sided. Unfortunately conversation is the only thing that may give you emotions now.

I'm not blaming you of course, it's the war system that's horribly wrong (and always has been).

6 hours ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

Americans throw salt at ice cubes?

14 minutes ago, jerdge said:

Combat... When you have 170k tech vs their 70k and you're 6 vs 1 it must be pretty boring and one sided. Unfortunately conversation is the only thing that may give you emotions now.

I'm not blaming you of course, it's the war system that's horribly wrong (and always has been).

Seeing the crazy numbers it puts up is kind of cool. I know it's one sided so I'm not gonna gloat much.. Prefer to think of it as sort of a statistical fireworks display. And yeah, if this were Stellaris or something I'd feel 10 times more jubilant.

6 hours ago, Maelstrom Vortex said:

Seeing the crazy numbers it puts up is kind of cool. I know it's one sided so I'm not gonna gloat much.. Prefer to think of it as sort of a statistical fireworks display. And yeah, if this were Stellaris or something I'd feel 10 times more jubilant.

How does tossing aside your longest MDoAP partner to honor an ODP work in the Dragon Brain of yours?  Is this a good or a bad thing?

32 minutes ago, berbers said:

How does tossing aside your longest MDoAP partner to honor an ODP work in the Dragon Brain of yours?  Is this a good or a bad thing?

A Defense pact always takes priority over an aggression pact when aggression or defense are optional and you fired first. Now enjoy the consequences of your actions. If we hadn't upheld the ODP it'd have called into question any other ODP we would have made before or after it. You shouldn't have tested it. It was a strategic miscalculation on your coalition's part. That is how it calculates.

In my eyes it is a good thing. It shows we will uphold our ODPs in the face of OAPS.. to do so otherwise would have called into question their integrity. OAPs require a level of trust in the other party that they will not exploit the OAP against your own defense pact members. Your coalition has violated that trust.

Is this simple logic unsound anywhere?

29 minutes ago, berbers said:

Considering NATO was the one who initially broke the articles of the NorthWest Passage, you don't get to play the victim because I cancelled you in response.

6 minutes ago, DeathAdder said:

Considering NATO was the one who initially broke the articles of the NorthWest Passage, you don't get to play the victim because I cancelled you in response.

Well I've been around a long time, and normally when an ally does something that pisses you off, you talk to them about it, and cancel the treaty post war.  You don't normally cancel instantly and then declare on them.  But with you at the helm, it makes sense that NPO went this route.

We also hit your "optional" ally, so you had, you know, options.   But hey, I guess a 15 year treaty and multiple curbstomps suffered on your behalf means very little when it comes down to it, it all ends up as realpolitik in the end.

EDIT:  It's funny too that you cancelled us and declared for an intelligence clause breach, but you are still happily allied to NpO when they were instrumental in all the planning, but realpolitik right?

Edited by berbers

1 minute ago, berbers said:

Well I've been around a long time, and normally when an ally does something that pisses you off, you talk to them about it, and cancel the treaty post war.  You don't normally cancel instantly and then declare on them.  But with you at the helm, it makes sense that NPO went this route.

We also hit your "optional" ally, so you had, you know, options.   But hey, I guess a 15 year treaty and multiple curbstomps suffered on your behalf means very little when it comes down to it, it all ends up as realpolitik in the end.

The miscalculations of your leadership really isn't my problem, Berbers. Perhaps you should address your concerns to them.

Just now, DeathAdder said:

The miscalculations of your leadership really isn't my problem, Berbers. Perhaps you should address your concerns to them.

I'm quite happy with my leadership, they did something in a world that's been stagnant for years.  I'm quite unhappy with NPO for having not 1 iota of respect for all we've been through together to at least give us the courtesy of a post-war cancellation.  That's on you.

9 hours ago, A1ph4 0m3ga said:

You’re going to make us have to log dump when this is over, aren’t you? 

Some people just never learn.

o/ Meatshields and Pawns…err I mean Sparta! 

PS: Plenty of initial damage to go around.

Sounds good, I'll even sweeten the pot; you show me yours and I'll show you mine.

Just now, berbers said:

I'm quite happy with my leadership, they did something in a world that's been stagnant for years.  I'm quite unhappy with NPO for having not 1 iota of respect for all we've been through together to at least give us the courtesy of a post-war cancellation.  That's on you.

You attacked an ally that I had personally made a point to discuss with NATO in regards to, without one single word to anyone in NPO. Spin your wheels as much as you want. The collapse of the treaty rests firmly on NATO.

1 minute ago, DeathAdder said:

You attacked an ally that I had personally made a point to discuss with NATO in regards to, without one single word to anyone in NPO. Spin your wheels as much as you want. The collapse of the treaty rests firmly on NATO.

Oh whatever, people have been attacking other people's ODP allies for years without informing then in advance, the web is so stupid that intel clauses will shut down a war before it even starts.  You had choices, you made them, you can say all you want that we should shared intel, but you decided to cancel and then declare war on your longest MDoAP ally, going against all norms in existence on planet bob for decades.

All because we didn't tell you in advance that we were responding to a war declared by DBDC last fall.

6 minutes ago, berbers said:

I'd really like to hear your response to my simple logic post. I think this is a treaty order issue on the end of your leadership.

MDoAP vs ODP... you ask us to attack a defense treaty partner. We say no.
You go ahead and attack defense treaty partner. They ask us to protect. Either we say yes... or our oDP treaties aren't worth the paper written on... so we say yes.

You literally auto-triggered your own demise by putting us in a corner where our integrity or your welfare was at stake... and no.. we're not going to tell an ODP member we're going to stand a side while an overly ambitious oAP member wrecks them. You violated our trust by trying to force us into a position where we'd have to violate our own treaty integrity. Reap the whirlwind of your own design.