Sparta goes for a swim

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, White Chocolate said:

Welcome, Sparta.  

Now you have FTW, NATO, Legion, and Sparta.  

Question - what about Non Grata?  Personally I was expecting a DoW from Non Grata every time someone else declared.  What’s their excuse to those fighting?  

Do not get me wrong, I can see Non Grata loving this arrangement.  I imagine the snickering behind the rest of your backs is a lot of fun.  

Convincing your former enemies to do all the fighting against your other enemy. Sweet.   Tell them you’re coming in later.  “Support” them on the OWF enough and maybe their membership will assume you are fighting too. 

Blah blah blah blah.  

Words are cheap

I’m waiting on the backpedal from these comments.

4 hours ago, White Chocolate said:

It makes me sad as well.  I was hopeful that someone in Non Grata would be the one to make me feel like I would have to bother with peace mode after a fight.  But no - it's Freehold of the Wolves.  Your guy in my range is also in peace mode.

I am assuming that the majority of FTW in peace is strategic.  I have not seen a DoW (thread) yet from Non Grata though.

I like when you make my point for me. You have full nukes, your side greatly outnumbers ours in your NS range (as you pointed out NG only has one nation in your range,) and yet per usual you ran and hid after doing literally the minimum possible. 

4 minutes ago, kerschbs said:

I like when you make my point for me. You have full nukes, your side greatly outnumbers ours in your NS range (as you pointed out NG only has one nation in your range,) and yet per usual you ran and hid after doing literally the minimum possible. 

Now just because you might prefer to nuke with less tech than your allies doesn't mean White Cocoa has to. This might be gamechanging advice for NG since both you and caustic find this somehow odd, but more tech = more damage!

24 minutes ago, kerschbs said:

Dozens and dozens and dozens of your ally's nations are running and hiding despite being the ones who wanted this war. Weird that you're not criticizing them.

5 minutes ago, firingline said:

Dozens and dozens and dozens of your ally's nations are running and hiding despite being the ones who wanted this war. Weird that you're not criticizing them.

The people on our side in PM tend to be less than fully active, on vacation, etc, they're not here running their mouths on the forums calling others cowards

28 minutes ago, Tevron said:

Now just because you might prefer to nuke with less tech than your allies doesn't mean White Cocoa has to. This might be gamechanging advice for NG since both you and caustic find this somehow odd, but more tech = more damage!

No wars = No damage!

3 minutes ago, HeroofTime55 said:

The people on our side in PM tend to be less than fully active, on vacation, etc, they're not here running their mouths on the forums calling others cowards

A third of FTW, including nearly all of its top tier, are inactive?

Oof.

6 minutes ago, firingline said:

A third of FTW, including nearly all of its top tier, are inactive?

Oof.

Or, hang with me here, they're being saved for DBDC and the upper tiers. Shocker. 

1 minute ago, Caustic said:

Or, hang with me here, they're being saved for DBDC and the upper tiers. Shocker. 

Ahhh, so you finally acknowledge the tactical reasons nations might use peace mode. 

Glad to see you admit you were just playing dumb to criticize WC earlier.

9 minutes ago, firingline said:

Ahhh, so you finally acknowledge the tactical reasons nations might use peace mode. 

Glad to see you admit you were just playing dumb to criticize WC earlier.

There are no tactics in which a nation with full nukes needs to go to pm when on the numerically superior side. But ok FL. 

3 minutes ago, Caustic said:

There are no tactics in which a nation with full nukes needs to go to pm when on the numerically superior side. But ok FL. 

There are multiple reasons to do this. 

Besides, YOU are on the numerically superior side. And your side has a whole bunch of nations in peace mode. So...

Edited by firingline

3 minutes ago, firingline said:

I'd be interested to hear all these reasons. The closest thing I can think to being a good excuse for WC is to ensure she gets out of anarchy but it definitely wasn't necessary and very likely would've been able to get out of anarchy without going to peace mode because of their clear top-tier advantage and our focus on DBDC.

1 hour ago, firingline said:

Besides, YOU are on the numerically superior side. And your side has a whole bunch of nations in peace mode. So...

Everything in your last few posts is wrong. White Chocolate has full nukes, is in almost no danger of being declared on, and categorically has a history of taking as little damage as possible. 

Besides that, we’re not even close to a numerically superior number of nations in the high and super tier when compared to Doom/Oculus. Suggesting otherwise is absolutely silly. 

Stop defending CLAWS, you don’t want to and it’s showing in the piss poor argument you’re making. 

2 hours ago, Tevron said:

Swing and a miss Tev, my point isn’t why WC didn’t fire nukes, it’s that she didn’t at all and thus has a full arsenal still.

Of course Steeldor is going to do the nuking, Caustic mentioned that in his original post. 

2 hours ago, kerschbs said:

Everything in your last few posts is wrong. White Chocolate has full nukes, is in almost no danger of being declared on, and categorically has a history of taking as little damage as possible. 

Besides that, we’re not even close to a numerically superior number of nations in the high and super tier when compared to Doom/Oculus. Suggesting otherwise is absolutely silly. 

Stop defending CLAWS, you don’t want to and it’s showing in the piss poor argument you’re making. 

I don't know why you folks are so focused on 'full nukes'. Repurchasing nukes is far from the only reason to go into peace mode. If your alliance can't comprehend that, then it explains an awful lot about why you tend to be on the losing side of these wars.

WC declared two offensive wars instead of hitting peace mode to begin with, so your theory holds absolutely no water. Meanwhile, dozens of top-tier nations on your side sit in peace mode, full nukes, not having declared a single war. But somehow, that's different.

You're just desperately looking for a way to portray WC as a coward (but YOUR nations doing the same thing are totally way different, guys, because, uhh, reasons!)

Edited by firingline

10 minutes ago, firingline said:

I don't know why you folks are so focused on 'full nukes'. Repurchasing nukes is far from the only reason to go into peace mode. If your alliance can't comprehend that, then it explains an awful lot about why you tend to be on the losing side of these wars.

WC declared two offensive wars instead of hitting peace mode to begin with, so your theory holds absolutely no water. Meanwhile, dozens of top-tier nations on your side sit in peace mode, full nukes, not having declared a single war. But somehow, that's different.

You're just desperately looking for a way to portray WC as a coward (but YOUR nations doing the same thing are totally way different, guys, because, uhh, reasons!)

If you are in the coalition with the overwhelming numerical advantage, which WC is, then there is literally no reason to hide in peace mode, unless you are really just being over-protective of your spreadsheet numbers.  There's plenty of strategic reasons for the smaller side, or even for roughly equal sides, to engage in such practice.  None of the scenarios besides raw cowardice apply to WC's situation.

46 minutes ago, HeroofTime55 said:

If you are in the coalition with the overwhelming numerical advantage, which WC is

Nations on your side: 501

Nations on WC's side: 418

You're really, really bad at this.

then there is literally no reason to hide in peace mode, 

Then why are you, the side with the overwhelming numerical advantage, hiding in peace mode?

Besides that, I'm afraid that's just not how logic works. Mechanics are mechanics and peace mode has a place in every conflict that's not like a 10 on 1 curbstomp. Either after all these years you haven't figured out how this works, or you're being purposefully obtuse as if it's going to help you make some stupid point. 

2 minutes ago, firingline said:

Then why are you, the side with the overwhelming numerical advantage, hiding in peace mode?

Besides that, I'm afraid that's just not how logic works. Mechanics are mechanics and peace mode has a place in every conflict that's not like a 10 on 1 curbstomp. Either after all these years you haven't figured out how this works, or you're being purposefully obtuse as if it's going to help you make some stupid point. 

You're better than this, FL.  You know full well that we lack the sort of upper tier that your side has, of which WC is a part of at 400k NS.  We have literally only 3 nations bigger than WC.  There is zero excuse for a 400k NS nation on your side to be hiding in hippie. Admittedly, there's plenty of reason for smaller nations on your side to go into hiding, but a 400k NS nation? That's a joke, WC is a coward and more damage will be inflicted on the rest of you because WC won't pull her weight.  WC is going to hide in hippie until everyone is out of range, and then come out exclaiming "I would fight, but there's nobody left in my range."  What, does she have bone spurs or something?

30 minutes ago, firingline said:

Basic math is something anyone can do, and I suppose the more advanced logistics are probably beyond you. That's fine, I'm sure some others here will attempt to take you to school without realizing what a waste of time it will be.

29 minutes ago, HeroofTime55 said:

You're better than this, FL.  You know full well that we lack the sort of upper tier that your side has, of which WC is a part of at 400k NS.  We have literally only 3 nations bigger than WC.  There is zero excuse for a 400k NS nation on your side to be hiding in hippie. Admittedly, there's plenty of reason for smaller nations on your side to go into hiding, but a 400k NS nation? That's a joke, WC is a coward and more damage will be inflicted on the rest of you because WC won't pull her weight.  WC is going to hide in hippie until everyone is out of range, and then come out exclaiming "I would fight, but there's nobody left in my range."  What, does she have bone spurs or something?

FL is better than wasting time on you. Frankly, I can't think of someone who isn't. Yet here we are.

PM is used to redeploy, and CLAWS military policy takes no issue with nations using PM to get out of anarchy (often for a quick collect) before returning to war. Nations do this, even in the high tier (egad), because it makes it easier to declare offensive wars without a surprise quad coming in and maintaining anarchy. If WC is in peace mode in a week, then maybe you could say she is cowering, but for all intents and purposes, she's doing pretty much the most normal thing for a nation

I guess when WC comes out of pm for a re-deploy she will no longer be a hippie but an opportunist or something? What's the next thinly veiled harassment you'll dish at her without holding your own side responsible for anything?

Note, this is my attempt to illustrate your disregard of standard tactics: I think WC did something a lot more impressive than you. She declared war on two targets, and one had more tech than her. You know full well that the upper tier is full of geriatric husks of nations, regardless of the alliance. There is zero excuse for a 210k nation on your side to declare a single war when this is basically your only shot to do any real damage. Admittedly, there's plenty of reason for nations in the high tier on your side to cower, declare a single war and a down declare at that while your comrades fight tougher battles, but a 210k NS nation? That's a joke. you are a coward and more damage will be inflicted on the rest of your coalition because you can't pull your own weight. Not to mention the damage you could have inflicted had you targeted a couple inactives. You're going to avoid fighting aggressive wars until you're out of range of everyone in the high tier, and then come out exclaiming "I would fight, but there's no open targets." What, do you have bone spurs or something?

As you can see, anyone can be willfully ignorant and use it to piss on others. But what's the fun in that? If the paragraph above was a serious criticism levied against you, it would be moronic and if anything, make the writer into the clown. Just because you have people clapping along to the points you're making does not make them any more interesting or accurate.

Edited by Tevron
grammar

5 hours ago, HeroofTime55 said:

[...]  WC is going to hide in hippie until everyone is out of range, and then come out exclaiming "I would fight, but there's nobody left in my range."  [...]

How do you know what she will do? Honest question, I'm genuinely curious.