The end of the Sellswords

Kapleo

x44nYXP.gif

It's been a long haul and a badly kept secret that Sellswords was born to die. Sellswords was a symbol of hope for me and for those who witnessed in disbelief the TPF fall by the hand of their old “friends”. We waited for a long time to go home again. Today is the day we announce the end of the Sellswords, not to grieve, but to celebrate that we have accomplished our mission; our wait is over. Sellswords' mission was to reunite and resurrect The Phoenix Federation and now that deed is done.  A new Evil Overlord is born with the blessing of the man who made it possible. Jbone, former King of TPF, came back from the ashes and opened the gates of TPF to the Phoenixes that found themselves away from home, a new generation of warriors that sympathizes and embraced our cause and legacy.

Sellswords created a name for themselves; the time spent away from TPF made me (and others) think that Sellswords would end up being our forever home. Some of us grew accustomed to being called "The Sellswords". It was a long wait, there were times I doubted and wondered if our mission was possible. Just when we were about to give up, Jbone returned. Now Sellswords meets the end of their journey, yet we will not forget the friends we made or the wars we fought.  Sellswords helped us to start seeing things from a new perspective, our time away from our true home was never wasted and we will never forget it.  We proudly embrace the Sellsword history and the history of The Phoenix Federation, the good and the bad, to learn from the bad and celebrate the good. The Phoenix Federation gets a second chance and I would like to thank those who made it possible and those who will celebrate this great day with us. Our friends and allies, Cobra, The Imperial Entente, Fark, Kashmir, Ordo Cyberneticus, Sparta and many others that welcomed and supported us throughout our journey home, we salute you. 

The Phoenix Federation is back, and with the support of the new and old guard members of TPF, our friends and our allies, I can certainly say we are here to stay (or until our next kamikaze).  As I write this, TPF is being flooded with new and old guard members.  Many former members of TPF and old TPF allies remain out there. After what seemed a sealed fate, we were scattered around every sphere and corner of CN, while some others went solo or left the game completely. To those that are still out there, just know you have a home, TPF is here for you once more. Same for our former allies and friends. TPF is open for business and ready to start letting our presence be felt once again. We rise.

o/ The Phoenix Federation

Signed:
Kapleo, Evil Overlord
The Phoenix Federation

*To request an embassy or just say hi, please visit us:

https://discord.gg/dgnsNV6

Edited by Kapleo

Congrats on your return! I don't think we ever had the chance to formally meet, but I've always heard good things about the folks in Sellswords, especially from my friends in Sparta. Hopefully we can get more acquainted as fellow new participants in White Team politics :) 

First off, I want to welcome each & every member of Sellswords to their new home, The Phoenix Federation. The dedication and loyalty you have all shown is humbling.

I remember my first true home in this realm, a tiny AA known as TF! When we decided to merge with COLD to become TPF I had mixed feelings,  I imagine many of you in Sellswords do as well. TF! was all I knew and in our short time I had become very attached to the AA and my comrades within it. It was a bittersweet transition. Leaving one home behind for something different is never easy. Eventually we took the best of both cultures and created a new and stronger Alliance.

Make no mistake, The Phoenix Federation is YOUR home. Bring the best of Sellswords along, your culture, your attitudes, your spirit,,,,,and your beer.

Make the alliance your own.

The Phoenix Federation has a long and colorful history and I never want that to be lost. This new chapter in our story will no doubt be interesting as well.

I think of this not as a Reboot of the old TPF but a but a reimagining of what the new TPF could be. Think "Boomer & Starbuck are chicks!"

Many things have changed in the time I have spent away, I see some familiar faces, hi Hero, and many unknown to me. I look forward to reacquainting myself with all of you. Apparently IRC is dead, so this Discord thing seems to be what all the cool kids do these days, see you there.

I want also, to extend the hand of welcome to any old guard TPF that still wander this world, come home if you so desire,

Thanks to Malazar & Seal Clubbing Skippe for keeping the porch light on.

Last but not least , thanks you to Kapleo. Your perseverance, loyalty, enthusiasm and patience have won the day! 

o7 Sellswords

o7 The Phoenix Federation

Hail Kapleo, Evil Overlord, TPF

PS: I like the Blue Flag, let's make it our War Flag.

Glad to see this. We get tired of looking at the old dead alliances on White. That's one less at least. (even if you stay on Brown mostly, or whatever)

Not to mention TPF was one of my first allies and Kapleo has been one of the nicer more reasonable micro leaders, showing some good leadership qualities and potential.

Best of luck in rising from the ashes. o/

14 hours ago, JBone said:

Last but not least , thanks you to Kapleo. Your perseverance, loyalty, enthusiasm and patience have won the day! 

Thanks Jbone, your whole statement means a lot.

13 hours ago, Iain Llewellyn said:

Congratulations on reforming! I have fond memories of my years in TPF. You guys were the best education in the game I could have had at the time. Hoping good things for the old crew and new!

Good to see you came around, mate.  Don't be a stranger!

3 hours ago, Canik said:

Glad to see this. We get tired of looking at the old dead alliances on White. That's one less at least. (even if you stay on Brown mostly, or whatever)

Not to mention TPF was one of my first allies and Kapleo has been one of the nicer more reasonable micro leaders, showing some good leadership qualities and potential.

Best of luck in rising from the ashes. o/

Much appreciated, Canik, thanks for the good wishes.

2 hours ago, Groucho Marx said:

A real shame.

Didn't expected a welcoming party from you anyway. If it bothers you too much, you can always bring the mighty Pacific army upon us.  We had fun the last time, at least this time we would see it coming.

Edited by Kapleo