News Felch

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://cybernations.fandom.com/wiki/Snake_Eyes_War

This is a terrible title for this war. @James Spanier come on man, do you remember that night in #gulag you agreed and said the name should be changed to something that wasn't a mixed metaphor?

I said it should be "Korlath's War" and you said it should be "Cobra Rolls for Damage" and everyone agreed that anything is better than "Snake Eyes War".

Yes, this does matter cause 10 years from now I will be like all the other CN old people and linking wiki articles like, "hey, kid, this was a war not like the dead planet we have now" and I want that link to look cool man.

3 hours ago, Smitty256 said:

Thank you too, I didn't limit myself to the wiki but I also read some of the related threads/DoWs, now I have a much clearer idea of what this whole discussion is about.

37 minutes ago, Lyanna Mormont said:

This is a terrible title for this war. @James Spanier come on man, do you remember that night in #gulag you agreed and said the name should be changed to something that wasn't a mixed metaphor?

I said it should be "Korlath's War" and you said it should be "Cobra Rolls for Damage" and everyone agreed that anything is better than "Snake Eyes War".

Yes, this does matter cause 10 years from now I will be like all the other CN old people and linking wiki articles like, "hey, kid, this was a war not like the dead planet we have now" and I want that link to look cool man.

Beware, as the next step is reading older threads in the middle of the night while chuckling with yourself, for no other reason than to chuckle with yourself while you read old stuff in the middle of the night. If you find yourself doing it every night (I'm not there yet) for the love of god start playing some tank FPS instead, or anything.

10 hours ago, General Kanabis said:

The bad blood goes back to a conflict in which NpO attacked SNX (FTW Allies) and invited several other AA's to do the same.

Kashmir declared a total of 5 wars at the request of their soon-to-be allies.

FTW saw this and couldn't resist the chance to be heroic. In their heroism they attacked Kashmir (just Kash) and upon conclusion of that act of bravery, they proposed everyone involved stay out of the NpO-SNX war for as long as it continued (convenient for FTW, who otherwise, had no plans to defend their allies from everyone else hitting them).

COBRA stayed out of the SNX affair but countered FTW in defense of Kashmir and called out Canik for being a poser.

This led to years of tension between the two (COBRA/FTW) and eventually, multiple military engagements that saw the entry of allies on both sides.

8 hours ago, jerdge said:

Thank you.

On ballads and goblins, TBH I enjoy reading that stuff (am I a pervert?) although extorted artwork is rarely worth the effort. As such I'm happy that the term was dropped and that Tevron (I believe - thank you) wrote it himself nonetheless.

I remember seeing it somewhere relatively recently, it was all but bad.

Polar had a CB and posted it making a proper Declaration of War. Kashmir did not and had no legal entry into the war. This is why we hit Kashmir and not Polar and it's allies. Had Polar attacked without a CB, things would've been different. GK did rage, insult us and hold a grudge tho, continuing to insult us and hold us under a microscope (and just us) after the war, leading the 2nd war between us. The last conflict started over a rogue and failed diplomacy. The wiki account on that one is fairly detailed and neutral. https://cybernations.fandom.com/wiki/Snake_Eyes_War

9 hours ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

Regarding the threat we presented to you: I don't think Tevron would appreciate me log dumping private conversations that clearly indicated this sentiment from RFI, so I will refrain from doing so :) (Alternatively if it wasn't due to the threat we presented; you could enlighten us all on why you asked for a controlled demolition of our warchests?)

20 hours ago, Canik said:

The threat you posed? No, that wasn't the reason. It was more the accepting war deserters/rogues and wanting peace for them as well, the TIE dishonoring it's treaty and all the other !@#$ yall pulled that historically and understandably would lead to harsher terms and/or a harder time making peace. It's the same reason we demanded the first terms and all the terms. If you guys had been more like SRA peace would have come much much easier.

^ Already enlightened you. Tevron may have said something like we want to make sure you're not a threat or whatever. However - if we were that concerned about you being a threat due to having a warchest, our first offer probably would not have been to send you money at the fair rate of 6/200. 

10 hours ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

Regarding the "Alternatives" - They did not engender goodwill or meaningful post-war resolution because:

a) The tech deals were forced, there was no economic benefit to us really, it would be more apt to refer to us as "tech slaves" wherein you gave us enough money to buy your tech and enough left over to buy a shred of infra and severely cripple our rebuilding potential.

b) They required us having to constantly engage comms with you to arrange these deals post-war; when the war ended I wanted to be able to cease diplomatic relations with yourselves, not drag them out even further. It would have fostered even more resentment between our two coalitions.

The controlled demolition of our warchests? You think that leads to a meaningful peace? That's just spiteful.

We got our peace, and we didn't have to pay you with anything other than words. I'm good with that.

a) The offer was at the fair rate of 6/200, leaving you with solid profits from each deal. 

b) that's stupid. We tried it before, see how it worked out? Also even now, we aren't doing tech deals, yet we are communicating anyway and the resentment is staying high from what I can tell. 

Yall didn't care about meaningful peace. Get outta here with that !@#$ xD

"We got our peace, and we didn't have to pay you with anything other thans words. I'm good with that."

Well, nothing but your words and good chunk of your coalition's members and warchests that you lost from holding out. I'm good with that too. Which is why I'd be leaving you alone if you weren't posting !@#$ about us. Post some more tho, continue to foster those bad relations.

10 hours ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

You removed the apologies, the joke name changes and the ballad singing of your triumphs but the tech 'deals' remained. Eventually you came to your senses and dropped them. We then met in the middle with an admission of defeat in lieu of white peace.

I'm not entirely sure of the point of debating this. The hatchet is buried, no?

I didn't bring it up inaccurately, GK did. Let's keep it buried then.

4 hours ago, Lyanna Mormont said:

I believe I said the name should be a mixed metaphor, but that Snake Eyes War was still bad. Regardless, I didn't really care enough about the name to campaign to change it.

2 hours ago, Canik said:

Polar had a CB and posted it making a proper Declaration of War. Kashmir did not and had no legal entry into the war. This is why we hit Kashmir and not Polar and it's allies.

The reason you didn't hit Polar is because you are a coward.  Kindly stop trying to dress it up as anything else.

Edited by HeroofTime55

14 hours ago, Canik said:

a) The offer was at the fair rate of 6/200, leaving you with solid profits from each deal. 

b) that's stupid. We tried it before, see how it worked out? Also even now, we aren't doing tech deals, yet we are communicating anyway and the resentment is staying high from what I can tell. 

Yall didn't care about meaningful peace. Get outta here with that !@#$ xD

"We got our peace, and we didn't have to pay you with anything other thans words. I'm good with that."

Well, nothing but your words and good chunk of your coalition's members and warchests that you lost from holding out. I'm good with that too. Which is why I'd be leaving you alone if you weren't posting !@#$ about us. Post some more tho, continue to foster those bad relations.

That "goodwill tech dealing" you guys had in mind would have increased your rate of tech growth by 25%, and increased by 50% our time to get a given dollar amount into our nations, relative to the customary 6(9)/100 which we are quite happy to maintain amongst ourselves, thank you very much.  The "solid profits" would have redounded to your side in the form of rapacious and punitive "commerce," which if it were a good move economically we'd be doing already.

That word, stupid, I don't think it means what you think it means.  The very reason we continue this communication is that you guys are trying to ret-con a rationale for what you did, why you did it, and how smart it was.

Since you continue litigating post-war, we will continue to make change at the window of our Military-Industrial Complex, presuming that at some point a grain of reason may take hold.

It was precisely in the interest of meaningful peace that we continued to prosecute meaningful war.  Pixels can be respawned, and if you're not willing to expend them to stay on the right side of history, what's the point of having them, anyway?

19 hours ago, Smitty256 said:

@Walshington haven't you edited all three of those pages? Didn't GK go on a rant about wanting Walsh the Beloved to edit the pages?

Yes, because you injected your bias, omitted important information, and made a mockery of real CN historians.

As soon as I proposed for wiki mod intervention, and Walsh's indisputable work to make changes there, you and your furry friends began editwarring that page, and even targeted the COBRA page until I backed off.

IMG-20190904-080340.jpg

Edited by General Kanabis

14 hours ago, Canik said:

Polar had a CB and posted it making a proper Declaration of War. Kashmir did not and had no legal entry into the war. This is why we hit Kashmir and not Polar and it's allies. Had Polar attacked without a CB, things would've been different.

There were exactly two other alliances that attacked SNX with no proper CB and no official ties to Polar. 

One of them was Apocalypse Meow.

But you didn't hit them because they had much stronger and numerous allies than Kashmir.

Lmao

Polar and Company had nothing but Terminator's triggered little sad eyes as a CB and you didn't back your allies. Call it what you wanna call it...

Your cowardice is showing-

1be7a98.jpg

1 hour ago, General Kanabis said:

There were exactly two other alliances that attacked SNX with no proper CB and no official ties to Polar. 

One of them was Apocalypse Meow.

But you didn't hit them because they had much stronger and numerous allies than Kashmir.

Lmao

Polar and Company had nothing but Terminator's triggered little sad eyes as a CB and you didn't back your allies. Call it what you wanna call it...

Your cowardice is showing-

1be7a98.jpg

Holy contact lenses, Batman

A lot of people are saying, this is the next generation of virus transfer.  So next time your SO wants to go toe-to-toe, er, eyeball-to-eyeball, ask yourself:

HAVE I HAD MY SHOTS?

This bout of squeamishness brought to you by the Deputy Assistant Kashmir Inquisitor for Nearby Eyeballs (DA KINE)

I was not in ISX during Polar's last war of aggression against the Imperium, but it was our SOP not to request military assistance from allies in a defensive war against overwhelming odds. We certainly didn't need it the first time we gutted Polar's low and mid tiers in a 1v1.

The only time we requested military assistance was when it helped control the war, which couldn't have happened with Polar's cowardly bandwaggon. So it's rather revisionist to call Canik a coward just like it was when people accused Doom Kingdom of cowardice when we didnt request their assistance.

The Imperium was designed to survive extended conflicts against actual cowards who attacked us in hordes.

Edited by The Zigur

I was explaining why Canik isn't the actual coward, the cowards were Polar and their allies attacking ISX. Of course Mogar himself is a coward who bandwaggoned us in the past, while avoiding helping his allies in TTK when they were rolled.

Edited by The Zigur

39 minutes ago, Mogar said:

There is a political convo going on and a child keeps coming in with pictures they drew to be hung on the fridge, I feel like I am at a holiday with my family 

I can imagine very few things I'd take more seriously than the drawings a child might want to show me. Things I could consider more urgent, a lot. Things I'd take as seriously, definitely some. But more seriously? Really, only a selected few.

I quietly suggest that you might have picked the wrong metaphor.