News Felch

6 hours ago, DeathAdder said:

The best part about this is that someone thinks people actually give enough of a !@#$ about this World to place gag-orders still.

10/10 for wishful thinking.

All NPO members below the rank of grand poobah are to refrain from further posting in this thread.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Tiberius said:

NG as an alliance disbanded last year, essentially alleviating ownership of everything NG related. In any case I am merely playing along with you all that the FTW and NG flag are the same. Furthermore the FTW use of the yin yang is far superior to NGs use of it. 

So they didn't steal it because ownership had expired....

But they're not the same anyway...........

But the FTW version is better than the NG one......

o3c2s.jpg

7 hours ago, DeathAdder said:

The best part about this is that someone thinks people actually give enough of a !@#$ about this World to place gag-orders still.

IMG-20190828-155255.jpg

Some people still give a $%&@ about this world. 

Others care so deeply even, that they set themselves on fire to raise awareness to your contributions in extinguishing the lights here.

fire-dc-0276.jpg

7 minutes ago, General Kanabis said:

IMG-20190828-155255.jpg

Some people still give a $%&@ about this world. 

That's from almost 4 months ago. Things have changed quite a bit since then.

Edited by Thrash

20 minutes ago, Thrash said:

That's from almost 4 months ago. Things have changed quite a bit since then.

How's a month ago then, from the asses mouth himself-

IMG-20190828-162608.jpg

IMG-20190828-161356.jpg

This came to me after COBRA Broadcast #2  was released and the flag issue was

publicly brought up for the first time.

Felt like a gag order given the sequence of events.

42 minutes ago, General Kanabis said:

IMG-20190828-162608.jpg

IMG-20190828-161356.jpg

But remember, it is a seperate war and NPO doesn't care about the dispute with FTW.

9 hours ago, DeathAdder said:

I mean, at the onset of this one of your "allies" in another alliance literally just IP banned some players who were members of same said alliance right after said members left said alliance.  Seems far beyond a gag order :V

12 hours ago, Canik said:

lol reputable

We let JA link his ramblings right alongside Junka's.

Are you calling The Day Today fake news?

12 hours ago, Canik said:

Also, I'm curious what wolf pack you speak of here.  We didn't start these wars either. You all declared on us. O_o

Maybe a wolfpack that has taken over a freehold.  It was a really a hypothetical situation, because clearly there would be other things out to bar access to The Day Today.  In those wolf ashes I guess you'd also find trace amounts of iron.

52 minutes ago, King Cyan said:

Are you calling The Day Today fake news?

Do you think it's real news? 🤣

I mean Johnny himself didn't disagree and admitted he could be more impartial after Jerdge said it was one-sided. He (Johnny) gives some excuses and doesn't want to outright admit it's mostly just a propaganda piece but.. it's very clear it is.

1 hour ago, King Cyan said:

Maybe a wolfpack that has taken over a freehold.  It was a really a hypothetical situation, because clearly there would be other things out to bar access to The Day Today.  In those wolf ashes I guess you'd also find trace amounts of iron.

Riiiighhtt. 

2 hours ago, Canik said:

I mean Johnny himself didn't disagree and admitted he could be more impartial after Jerdge said it was one-sided. He (Johnny) gives some excuses and doesn't want to outright admit it's mostly just a propaganda piece but.. it's very clear it is.

Since I've been mentioned I'll interject myself to specify that I meant that the commentary over facts looked partisan, not that the facts relayed were fake.

It's appropriate that I further specify that I didn't and I don't mean to say or to imply that said facts were genuine, either. I'm not going to explicitly or implicitly support either side, here.

My comment was just to highlight the entertaining value of JA's publication, and to praise and thank him for it. Nothing more, nothing less.

15 hours ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

Not as good as the people actually giving enough of a !@#$ about this World to chase off an alliance of 46 instead of taking a bite into a real challenge (jfc I'm not saying NG aren't a real challenge but when you've got 1/3rd of the planet's population backing you? You look pretty pathetic in the same way FTW did by calling in RFI against COBRA)

0/10 for ambition.

Sounds like someone is upset.

7 hours ago, General Kanabis said:

IMG-20190828-162608.jpg

IMG-20190828-161356.jpg

If telling you not to be a retard so you could get easier terms from RFI felt like a gag order then you have far more problems than I can help you with.

5 hours ago, King Cyan said:

I mean, at the onset of this one of your "allies" in another alliance literally just IP banned some players who were members of same said alliance right after said members left said alliance.  Seems far beyond a gag order :V

That sounds like expulsion to me.

Gag-order is not responding to OWF threads.

Edited by DeathAdder

7 hours ago, Canik said:

It's not like anything The Day Today seems to be printing is untrue though.  Then... THEN it would be fake news.

7 hours ago, Canik said:

Riiiighhtt. 

Is this more sarcasm from the wolf mutant?  Do you disagree that the situation is actually hypothetical?

3 hours ago, DeathAdder said:

Gag-order is not responding to OWF threads.

Of course I know what a gag-order is, but any instance of IP banning happening these days is far beyond that (especially if it involves simple dissent and leaving).

That sounds like expulsion to me.

Except that you can't exactly expel members that have already left.

If telling you not to be a retard so you could get easier terms from RFI felt like a gag order then you have far more problems than I can help you with.

395zw2.gif

Seems like you were helping Canik more than anything. Saving him even.

Funny how he apologized to Caustic for stealing the flag but became adamant about changing it even just a little bit as soon as he figured out the plan was for Oc to isolate NG so he can feel like a champ.

You didn't want me to lend my voice to the demands of my brothers?

I'll lend my whole nation then.

And with it, any information I've picked up along the way.

4 hours ago, General Kanabis said:

395zw2.gif

Seems like you were helping Canik more than anything. Saving him even.

Funny how he apologized to Caustic for stealing the flag but became adamant about changing it even just a little bit as soon as he figured out the plan was for Oc to isolate NG so he can feel like a champ.

No. Your group was literally not worth my, Pacifica's, or IRON's time to get you easier terms if you going to be a retard. I don't know how to be any more clear than that. Even HannaH told you people to quit being retards, so, clearly I'm not alone in that view.

4 hours ago, General Kanabis said:

You didn't want me to lend my voice to the demands of my brothers?

I'll lend my whole nation then.

And with it, any information I've picked up along the way.

I don't give a $%&@. My lower tiers are hungry. All you do is give them more slots to roll.

You're as intimidating as a piss-ant GK, pick some micro if you want to worry someone.

5 hours ago, King Cyan said:

Of course I know what a gag-order is, but any instance of IP banning happening these days is far beyond that (especially if it involves simple dissent and leaving).

Except that you can't exactly expel members that have already left.

IP Banning from a private forum is so separate from an OWF gag-order, I have no idea why it's relevant in this particular discussion.

Just because someone has left doesn't prevent an Alliance from expelling the member after the fact so they will be unable to reapply for membership.

It does not prevent them from posting/interacting with the community or a particular thread, which is what gag-orders prevent, or, were intended to prevent when still in use.

Edited by DeathAdder

On 8/28/2019 at 7:22 AM, Canik said:

100%

That was funny tho how desperately they reached. "Vindication" 🤣

Oh Canik. How desperately they reached? You couldn't even come up with an original "About Freehold of The Wolves". How many alliances merged to make your AA? Not one person there has any wit? Surely people with the imagination it takes to pretend to be animals could come up with something fun and clever to say that wasn't cribbed from Non Grata.

Edited by Lyanna Mormont

13 hours ago, Canik said:

- Terminator did go on a voyage for a sanctuary after bailing on NG.

- You do have 20 people in peace mode, did have 9 active wars at the time of publication and are barely fighting NG where it matters.

- I did hallucinate some stuff about Pork Rolls.

- Gag orders are absolutely a thing for a number of alliances in Oc and RFI.

And jfc; being able to be impartial or balanced requires more action to report on in the first place. I'm pretty sure I've advertised in previous editions the chance for other leaders to contribute, but no submissions have been received and the news ain't gonna write itself ;)

11 minutes ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

- Gag orders are absolutely a thing for a number of alliances in Oc and RFI.

And jfc; being able to be impartial or balanced requires more action to report on in the first place. I'm pretty sure I've advertised in previous editions the chance for other leaders to contribute, but no submissions have been received and the news ain't gonna write itself ;)

I mean, you even remarked over the disdain in my voice for the OWF and what remains of the CN community. If you think I'm alone in that lack of desire to participate 99% of the time, then, you're just kidding yourself. I even followed it up with why.

I don't see anyone suddenly giving a damn and telling their membership not to post. I do, however, see the majority of people not even going to click on the "forum" hyperlink.

You're impartial, sometimes, when you aren't on here, but, you may as well just own that, like every other poster, you have one side and you're sticking with it.

Edited by DeathAdder

20 minutes ago, DeathAdder said:

I mean, you even remarked over the disdain in my voice for the OWF and what remains of the CN community. If you think I'm alone in that lack of desire to participate 99% of the time, then, you're just kidding yourself. I even followed it up with why.

I don't see anyone suddenly giving a damn and telling their membership not to post. I do, however, see the majority of people not even going to click on the "forum" hyperlink.

You're impartial, sometimes, when you aren't on here, but, you may as well just own that, like every other poster, you have one side and you're sticking with it.

I'm not going to argue the non-existence of the obvious malaise that plagues this place, I will however combat it and encourage people to actually participate- all it really takes is a little bit of initiative and imagination to cook some words up in the right way (just because we're all older now doesn't mean we can't still be creative). You may not see people giving a damn and telling people not to post from where you are, but it does happen. People are actively discouraged from participation whether that be by direct order to not participate; not post a dissenting view or because of how disdainfully people like yourself paint the place. There's a screenshot above of you directly attempting to meddle with what I post on the OWF for christ's sake.

There are people who would still like to have a bit of fun here[ooc] and believe it or not, new players do still pop up from time to time [/ooc]. I get that a lot of you have been doing nothing other than collecting taxes and paying bills for about 10 years and that is very dull but don't inflict that dullness onto everyone else who wants to actually lead. You could try doing something meaningful and challenging with all that weight you're so dedicated to maintaining, for example.

I'm perfectly capable of being impartial when it is necessary to do so. At present, things are very one-sided in terms of statistical strength and it'd be very boring if I acted as a cheerleader for the curbstompers. I'm also leading an alliance opposed to this bland form of warfare that has dominated the politics of this game for as long as I can remember. So naturally I will be far less impartial on the world forum when it comes to representing this. My point on impartiality was more that if there were more conflicts (escalated or simmering, doesn't matter) that were being aired out publicly that would make for more impartial reporting; more entertaining forum posts and the place could be viewed less disdainfully. Unfortunately people prefer to hide away developments in their discord warrens and pour scorn on those who have the confidence to speak publicly [ooc] and play the game [/ooc]

7 minutes ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

I'm not going to argue the non-existence of the obvious malaise that plagues this place, I will however combat it and encourage people to actually participate- all it really takes is a little bit of initiative and imagination to cook some words up in the right way (just because we're all older now doesn't mean we can't still be creative). You may not see people giving a damn and telling people not to post from where you are, but it does happen. People are actively discouraged from participation whether that be by direct order to not participate; not post a dissenting view or because of how disdainfully people like yourself paint the place. There's a screenshot above of you directly attempting to meddle with what I post on the OWF for christ's sake.

There are people who would still like to have a bit of fun here[ooc] and believe it or not, new players do still pop up from time to time [/ooc]. I get that a lot of you have been doing nothing other than collecting taxes and paying bills for about 10 years and that is very dull but don't inflict that dullness onto everyone else who wants to actually lead. You could try doing something meaningful and challenging with all that weight you're so dedicated to maintaining, for example.

I'm perfectly capable of being impartial when it is necessary to do so. At present, things are very one-sided in terms of statistical strength and it'd be very boring if I acted as a cheerleader for the curbstompers. I'm also leading an alliance opposed to this bland form of warfare that has dominated the politics of this game for as long as I can remember. So naturally I will be far less impartial on the world forum when it comes to representing this. My point on impartiality was more that if there were more conflicts (escalated or simmering, doesn't matter) that were being aired out publicly that would make for more impartial reporting; more entertaining forum posts and the place could be viewed less disdainfully. Unfortunately people prefer to hide away developments in their discord warrens and pour scorn on those who have the confidence to speak publicly [ooc] and play the game [/ooc]

I don't have to paint it any way. The fact that there is barely any traffic on the forums kind of shows that people aren't interested in it. Whether they're under orders to not post in it or not (which is sure to be far more minimal than you paint it out as, if not non-existent). You specifically insinuated in your OP that Pacifica had issued gag-orders. Let me assure you, we have not. The membership simply isn't interested in you. Sorry.

Edited by DeathAdder

3 minutes ago, DeathAdder said:

I don't have to paint it any way. The fact that there is barely any traffic on the forums kind of shows that people aren't interested in it. Whether they're under orders to not post in it or not (which is sure to be far more minimal than you paint it out as, if not non-existent).

Okay so, look for the thread titled "Do not adjust your sets...." and the date it was posted, then look at the dates of threads that came before and after it, as well as the level of activity in each thread. Then tell me more about this lack of activity.

If you build it, they will come.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

3 minutes ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

Okay so, look for the thread titled "Do not adjust your sets...." and the date it was posted, then look at the dates of threads that came before and after it, as well as the level of activity in each thread. Then tell me more about this lack of activity.

If you build it, they will come.

A group of people repeatedly posting in a thread to make it look big in order to give the appearance of activity doesn't make it active.

12 minutes ago, DeathAdder said:

A group of people repeatedly posting in a thread to make it look big in order to give the appearance of activity doesn't make it active.

I don't think that's entirely why people are posting? Sure, I am making threads to encourage activity but I don't think the rest of people are responding to threads to "make it look big", I think they're actually just after some discourse.

17 minutes ago, DeathAdder said:

You specifically insinuated in your OP that Pacifica had issued gag-orders. Let me assure you, we have not. The membership simply isn't interested in you. Sorry.

" The Day Today has received some enlightening intelligence from the Blacklist Coalition who, being utterly incapable of stepping to Non Grata and their sympathizers on a public forum, have initiated a gag order to avoid embarrassing themselves any further. "

I did not name any specific alliance- that's just your hubris showing.

Also I would like to again refer you to the screenshot of you specifically messaging us to ask us to not talk about Non Grata's flag. Clearly there was some interest, otherwise you would've continued your usual non-involvement in world affairs.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

34 minutes ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

I don't think that's entirely why people are posting? Sure, I am making threads to encourage activity but I don't think the rest of people are responding to threads to "make it look big", I think they're actually just after some discourse.

It may not have been the intention, but, that was the result, nonetheless.

" The Day Today has received some enlightening intelligence from the Blacklist Coalition who, being utterly incapable of stepping to Non Grata and their sympathizers on a public forum, have initiated a gag order to avoid embarrassing themselves any further. "

I did not name any specific alliance- that's just your hubris showing.

You don't really have to when your rogue allies run their mouth in the public discord channel claiming it.

Also I would like to again refer you to the screenshot of you specifically messaging us to ask us to not talk about Non Grata's flag. Clearly there was some interest, otherwise you would've continued your usual non-involvement in world affairs.

Lots of people were messaged that day. By more than just myself. You weren't special, buddy.

I told you our interest, again, the night in that voice chat. My stance on disliking reps still hasn't changed.

Edited by DeathAdder

2 hours ago, DeathAdder said:

No. Your group was literally not worth my, Pacifica's, or IRON's time to get you easier terms if you going to be a retard. I don't know how to be any more clear than that. Even HannaH told you people to quit being retards, so, clearly I'm not alone in that view.

I may very well be a retard-

e37.png

in fact, but that wasn't a factor in your intervention as much as your furry puppets demanding a thing like reps in their terms.

IMG-20190829-105541.jpg

IMG-20190829-105527.jpg

And lol, Hannah told me alot of things, among them, that RFI would be dealt with militarily come the time.

Ask your allies about "Operation Overlord". I'll give you time to diffuse the situation behind closed doors before I get around to dropping more sensitive logs.