Disposal of Caustic Elements and Hazardous Materials

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/6/2019 at 6:43 PM, Lysergide said:

Some people do move on with their lives, because ya know they have a life outside of a silly game. Some people choose to continue to spend all of their time online. Last I checked GOONS is still by far a much larger community across numerous games than Pacifica will ever be, and even they left here because of the lack of interest due to no wars. Eventually you just gotta go outside man, can't sit inside all day.

I wouldn't attribute our departure to lack of wars so much as a lack of overall entertainment.

Our entertainment was rarely purely derived from the mechanics of the world.  It was all about violent exercises of power, and the reactions thereof.  That said, a few simple tweaks could have easily saved a multitude of nations, such as making it cheaper to rebuild infra or tech that you had already reached at a previous point.  Far too late to be talking mechanics now though of course.

We had a lot of great fun, especially at the expense of very foolish nations and alliances, but at the end of the day, I think it just started to feel sad.  Old.  Tired.  We moved on.  You all should too.

4 minutes ago, Sardonic said:

I wouldn't attribute our departure to lack of wars so much as a lack of overall entertainment.

Our entertainment was rarely purely derived from the mechanics of the world.  It was all about violent exercises of power, and the reactions thereof.  That said, a few simple tweaks could have easily saved a multitude of nations, such as making it cheaper to rebuild infra or tech that you had already reached at a previous point.  Far too late to be talking mechanics now though of course.

We had a lot of great fun, especially at the expense of very foolish nations and alliances, but at the end of the day, I think it just started to feel sad.  Old.  Tired.  We moved on.  You all should too.

That is the plan Stan💓

Edited by Lysergide

4 hours ago, Neo Uruk said:

Only 27 wars

IRON.txt

If you think that I think my stats are awesome you're mistaken.  Lysergide brought up the casualty reference, so I called him out on it.

Also, I saw what you said there Lyser.  You should really grow up.

43 minutes ago, Finster Baby said:

If you think that I think my stats are awesome you're mistaken.  Lysergide brought up the casualty reference, so I called him out on it.

Also, I saw what you said there Lyser.  You should really grow up.

Maybe you shouldn't act more important than you actually are, and I wouldn't have to humble you. 

16 hours ago, Maelstrom Vortex said:

Hmmm the point is to get to number 1. Given I started in 2008, pretty proud of combined rank and casualty rank.

Since we're talking bragging pixels here, I started this nation here in late 2011.  Before I got involved in any conflict this year, at the time, I already had a little over 50% more casualties than you currently do and peak NS rank about 245. 

Part of that peak NS rank of mine also involved me having 22k "purchased" land (not donated) that I didn't farm from any fellow alliance members of mine ;)

I rest on your face.

6 minutes ago, Finster Baby said:

The day you humble me is the day I retire.  You haven't even come close.

The greats like Dajobo retired after leaving their alliance in a better place- you chose to be selfish with your retirement goals 

6 hours ago, Sardonic said:

Well here is an old name among many I didn't expect to see.  Miss the old days, you made them special, truly, you were one of the greatest adversaries.  I miss it deeply.

13 hours ago, Finster Baby said:

He's fought in half the wars you have but has twice the casualties.

Telling. Hell, I've only got 27 wars with this iteration of my nation and I have more casualties than you. 

13 hours ago, Lysergide said:

So what you are saying is you barely fought.

Are you kidding? See carnivore. The record is well preserved of who and how I fought. I picked the hardest targets. They just.. ended up not being so hard.

3 hours ago, King Cyan said:

Since we're talking bragging pixels here, I started this nation here in late 2011.  Before I got involved in any conflict this year, at the time, I already had a little over 50% more casualties than you currently do and peak NS rank about 245. 

Part of that peak NS rank of mine also involved me having 22k "purchased" land (not donated) that I didn't farm from any fellow alliance members of mine ;)

I rest on your face.

You rest as a crater all that war mongering bought you. I fought, Carnivore testifies to that. I also rebuilt out of it. I paid for the rebuilding of my brothers and sisters as the little marker below me indicates. I'm sorry. I lived it. You failed it.

You mock me you mock all the others I have put in the top 7 day nation losses in my history.. solo.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

Just now, Maelstrom Vortex said:

You rest as a crater all that war mongering bought you. I fought, Carnivore testifies to that. I also rebuilt out of it. I paid for the rebuilding of my brothers and sisters as the little marker below me indicates. I'm sorry. I lived it. You failed it.

Jezz... u want a medal for not fighting is it?

Just now, Maelstrom Vortex said:

If there were medals for that, I'd be disqualified..

U talk about your pixels like they are your pet, what have u done lately? bought 1k infra? it is beyond pathetic that you sit their so proud of doing nothing

I'm waiting for someone with your talents to get into range and give me a decent fight so I can fix that casualty count. I definitely am not coming down the ladder because you're goading me. You'll have to take the route taken to dethrone Hime.. but trust me you try that on me.. it's going to be a much harder battle.

5 minutes ago, Maelstrom Vortex said:

I'm waiting for someone with your talents to get into range and give me a decent fight so I can fix that casualty count. I definitely am not coming down the ladder because you're goading me. You'll have to take the route taken to dethrone Hime.. but trust me you try that on me.. it's going to be a much harder battle.

the auld get into my range routine... how original

why dont u do something with those pixels?

Here's what wrong with the game, guys like u learn that by staying out of wars u can keep building, so u avoid one, then another, the rest of the world fights and get weaker and there you are lording it over them saying by doing nothing u win

just go away and pluck them feather from your arse

Edited by ericsw

37 minutes ago, ericsw said:

the auld get into my range routine... how original

why dont u do something with those pixels?

Here's what wrong with the game, guys like u learn that by staying out of wars u can keep building, so u avoid one, then another, the rest of the world fights and get weaker and there you are lording it over them saying by doing nothing u win

just go away and pluck them feather from your arse

I guess that carnivore database is getting more and more inconvenient here......

History has been recorded and sadly there is nothing you can do to change it. The war column below indicates far more than those few landing battles.

1 hour ago, HeroofTime55 said:

Well here is an old name among many I didn't expect to see.  Miss the old days, you made them special, truly, you were one of the greatest adversaries.  I miss it deeply.

Thank you for that.  You certainly added flavor to this world, and the forgotten one on the moon.  I am hopeful that you too have left this place and found greater meaning.

38 minutes ago, Sardonic said:

Thank you for that.  You certainly added flavor to this world, and the forgotten one on the moon.  I am hopeful that you too have left this place and found greater meaning.

Come have a conversation with me on discord, I would greatly appreciate your insight.

1 hour ago, Maelstrom Vortex said:

You are welcome to oppose an alliance that has significant top tier nations, the issue is they are all your current allies, do you want to die without another war?

17 minutes ago, Mogar said:

You are welcome to oppose an alliance that has significant top tier nations, the issue is they are all your current allies, do you want to die without another war?

I'm pretty sure that's the point. Why do you ask questions you already know the answer to?

1 hour ago, Maelstrom Vortex said:

You mock me you mock all the others I have put in the top 7 day nation losses in my history.. solo.

Some high and mighty dragon wants to call others out on "war mongering," now how about that?  Don't you think if you were more of a non-peace mode creature like you say you are then you wouldn't be saying such things?  I mean, the recent actions of your side of the roost can certainly also be classified as such (if just "betrayal" is too harsh). 

War mongering or not, one slightly different action and my nation could have been "protected" like yours (thus preserving my pixels) and we wouldn't even be having this conservation right now.  In that instance this year, the 'war' did sort of come to me too first (thanks to certain players who couldn't stop having it out for me).  I probably should have expected my nation to get "that" big considering how the planet around us seems to continue shrinking, but for the life of me I really didn't.

Oh I forgot to mention the peak pixels on this nation came with hardly (if any) free tech shipments from fellow alliance members either (besides all the free land given to you by fellow Pacificans).  Carnivore can attest to that too!

2 hours ago, King Cyan said:

Some high and mighty dragon wants to call others out on "war mongering," now how about that?  Don't you think if you were more of a non-peace mode creature like you say you are then you wouldn't be saying such things?  I mean, the recent actions of your side of the roost can certainly also be classified as such (if just "betrayal" is too harsh). 

War mongering or not, one slightly different action and my nation could have been "protected" like yours (thus preserving my pixels) and we wouldn't even be having this conservation right now.  In that instance this year, the 'war' did sort of come to me too first (thanks to certain players who couldn't stop having it out for me).  I probably should have expected my nation to get "that" big considering how the planet around us seems to continue shrinking, but for the life of me I really didn't.

Oh I forgot to mention the peak pixels on this nation came with hardly (if any) free tech shipments from fellow alliance members either (besides all the free land given to you by fellow Pacificans).  Carnivore can attest to that too!

There's a difference between rational warfare and warfare for warfare's sake. I'm not a peace-mode loving creature, never was, you don't get 113 wars by sticking to peace mode. I've almost never left war mode. 1% of my days entire days on bob.. may have been in peace mode. The few times I did hit peace mode were recovey periods at the very start of my reign over Dragonisia when it was smashed to nothing over and over in the throes of Armageddon, so I could get enough funds together and infra together to rebuild infra to fight. Even took nukes while  having none myself in those painful beginnings.

Re: Land wars on Carnivore: Yes yes.. you're rehashing something covered a page or two ago. Nice of you to graciously ignore the rest of my record in which I literally hunted the heads of alliances and their command staff/war leaders.

I personally do not care for pixels.. and no I don't want to eternally be at peace.. or my last war to be, well... be my last war.. if I can ever reach #1,, I will come down the chart smashing everything in my path. You don't get this close to the summit of Everest and not visit the peak.

If all the top opposition also hadn't decided to mysteriously leave this world recently I may have gotten that fight I wanted.

As for why I have all that tech and why it is given to me freely.. you'll never know, but those on the inside do.. and they happily feed me. But there is reason... I wasn't selected at random. I simply grew so fast that few enemies kept up and the ones that did, got smashed. The ones that remained in my way.. I am not sure where they went. Probably feared falling to us the same way Hime did.

To be honest, besides the fact I like the idea of hitting number one, being up here is sorta a kind of revenge for all the misery I was put through my first few months governing on this world. I didn't get the first day of peace. I was declared on my first day of governing by some rogue.. and crushed him so badly he left the game. The record of such is even in my application to Pacifica...

Then Armageddon came and some nations decided to try to once again keep me in a crater. Well, I broke free of all that, and now I have the strength and allies to make sure I am never in that place again against my will.

You can't get a big army to get big casualties.. if people try to drown your nation at birth. I didn't get my first nuke til a year and a half after ascending my throne because of those efforts.

But Mother Pacifica nurtured me.. and now my breath shatters nations.

Beyond that, if I didn't love war I wouldn't have conquered other worlds in Pacifica's name..

I have dominated them so badly other alliances actually tried to put me on trial for treaty breaches under the pretenses of being United Nations peace keepers.. (entirely hillarious).

If you're not willing to fight, you do not have the will to win or dominate. I have it.. I have it in spades. I just choose when.. where.. and how.. on my own terms, and only those terms.

Yawn, by any means continue off track but at least be funny - I know you can. Trolling this kind of chest-thumping was already out of fashion a decade ago, don't you see that nobody even bothers anymore?

Really.