• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to see if I could chain in via the SRA non-consensual one-way ODP with R&R but if NG is protecting Sigrun then I can't cuz I loves me some NG (Caustic excluded cuz fuck him :P)

I was going to see if I could chain in via the SRA non-consensual one-way ODP with R&R but if NG is protecting Sigrun then I can't cuz I loves me some NG (Caustic excluded cuz $%&@ him :P)

NG aside, absolutly not. We already owe you one, dont need to make it 2 :P

I was going to see if I could chain in via the SRA non-consensual one-way ODP with R&R but if NG is protecting Sigrun then I can't cuz I loves me some NG (Caustic excluded cuz $%&@ him :P)

Whats with you and always wanting to attack me or my allies, didn't we have some kind of truce after the last time?

At this point, I imagine there is a long queue of international statespersons just waiting to take a shot at you, Methrage. You have a particular talent for provoking irritation.

Well it has less to do you with you and more who you are fighting.

For example, everytime you fight GOONS I like you. When you fight Kashmir/SRA I do not like you.

Pretty simple really.

The irony is I fought Stonewall and got us in a fight with DS in order to help Jack Layton rather than Monsters Inc, since then Monsters inc have proven themselves an ally worth fighting for. Now Jack Layton will likely be forced to help those attacking those who fought for him and those he was fighting for.

I don't envy his position in all of this

Hey brochacho leave me out of your maniacal plots and walls of text...o/ SRA :awesome: 

Well it has less to do you with you and more who you are fighting.

For example, everytime you fight GOONS I like you. When you fight Kashmir/SRA I do not like you.

Pretty simple really.

SRA attacked me and refused peace when III% negotiated it for them. We're not really fighting anyone in Kashmir unless Margrave really wants to duel me.

Edited by Methrage

No, it has everything to do with Lord Hitchcock being one of the most inept leaders on bob. Coming from me, that's saying something.

God's truth was spoken right here. Caustic is notorious for his incompetence. I can't think of anyone worst or more suited to lead an alliance than Caustic, well other than hitchcock. 

Edited by Tidy Bowl Man

The protectorate with Sigrun is solely designed to stop raiders. It does not apply to a war she has dragged her vanity alliance into. So enjoy yourself.

I think when sanction requests are made, a team announcement should be made where the nations of the team color and Senators can discuss the validity of the sanction, with at least a 24 hour gap between posting and the sanction being placed. Where facts can be brought to light. Where the nation accused of being a rogue can explain their case if they are on the color. There needs to be a process to it, not just where some Senator places a sanction just because they are asked without checking into the circumstances.

I don't see need for such proceedings. It looks to me like shifting the responsibilty for the placed sanctions onto the team as whole. The only ones who senator may need to consult is his alliance leadership, depending on senator's position in his own alliance and on alliance rules regarding decision making.

Generally speaking, if I were a senator and someone requested sanctions against a nation which can be attacked with impunity (unaligned or unprotected alliance) and request was made by ally or friendly alliance - I would most likely grant that request.

Edited by murtibing

Generally speaking, if I were a senator and someone requested sanctions against a nation which can be attacked with impunity (unaligned or unprotected alliance) and request was made by ally or friendly alliance - I would most likely grant that request.

Of course you would. You are focused on your immediate risk/reward calculations with no thought whatsoever for the longer term, or the planet as a whole.

This is what everyone does. And the result is our current environmental catastrophe. Unaligned or unprotected nations in war mode? It's been months since such a thing has been sighted where I live, and the last time it happened they were in PM on page refresh :P Come on, tell me with a straight face you think the unaligned are overpowered and civilization would end if we quit sanctioning them constantly. I'm ready for a good laugh.

And of course we are all aware that the population of our little world is shrinking.  Would it really be such a great tragedy if some unaligned nations managed to war without getting sanctioned, had a little fun and decided to stick around for next year? 

Honestly I think nearly all of us would rather they stay and multiply and even be less timid.  It would make for a healthier world, a better environment. But change is hostage to that simple individual risk/reward calculation that tells the typical senator just to do whatever the aligned ask, because however despised and insignificant an alliance, it could still conceivably make trouble for you, but what's that little unaligned nation who's already in anarchy from a 3:1 "raid" and is about to get sanctioned going to ever be able to do to you?

Like it or dislike it, agree or disagree, but at least give us credit. Everybody talks about what's wrong with the planet but very few do anything about it. We kept talking and we kept thinking until we found a practical way to do something about it, and we didnt shrink from taking risks to make it happen.

Edited by Sigrun Vapneir

Of course you would. You are focused on your immediate risk/reward calculations with no thought whatsoever for the longer term, or the planet as a whole.

This is what everyone does. And the result is our current environmental catastrophe. Unaligned or unprotected nations in war mode? It's been months since such a thing has been sighted where I live, and the last time it happened they were in PM on page refresh

I raided many unaligneds in the middle tier. I see no reason to be opposed to sanctioning unaligneds on principle. I never tried to get any of my raid targets sanctioned though. Even if they redeclared on me (happened two times so far).

Come on, tell me with a straight face you think the unaligned are overpowered and civilization would end if we quit sanctioning them constantly. I'm ready for a good laugh.

That wasn't my point. Of course an unaligned nation versus connected alliance isn't overpowered. Still some alliances would like them sanctioned. If you were senator and your ally or friendly alliance would like sanction against some unaligned - would you refuse and upset your ally? Or alliance you want to have good relations with?

But change is hostage to that simple individual risk/reward calculation that tells the typical senator just to do whatever the aligned ask, because however despised and insignificant an alliance, it could still conceivably make trouble for you, but what's that little unaligned nation who's already in anarchy from a 3:1 "raid" and is about to get sanctioned going to ever be able to do to you?

I wouldn't accept request from every "aligned". There is number of alliances whose request I would deny. Not because I care about unaligneds - but because I don't care about these alliances (or outright don't like them).

BTW, I don't think anybody uses sanctions in raids. Perhpas sanctions are sometimes used when raid target hit someone else from raider's AA. But I haven't heard of anybody using sanctions against original raid target even when they fight back.

BTW, I don't think anybody uses sanctions in raids. Perhpas sanctions are sometimes used when raid target hit someone else from raider's AA. But I haven't heard of anybody using sanctions against original raid target even when they fight back.

There are alliances who would do this and a Senator has an obligation to know they are doing the right thing when placing it. They should find out why the nation is fighting the alliance trying to get them sanctioned. If the alliance is at fault, no sanction should be placed.

If they are placed, they should be removed when it becomes possible. By other Senators if needed.

I raided many unaligneds in the middle tier. I see no reason to be opposed to sanctioning unaligneds on principle. I never tried to get any of my raid targets sanctioned though. Even if they redeclared on me (happened two times so far).

And it's great that you don't do it, but guess what. Your personal abstention is not going to have any noticeable affect on the final outcome. Other people do.

That wasn't my point. Of course an unaligned nation versus connected alliance isn't overpowered. Still some alliances would like them sanctioned. If you were senator and your ally or friendly alliance would like sanction against some unaligned - would you refuse and upset your ally? Or alliance you want to have good relations with?

You're right, that's not your point, it's my point. This is exactly the calculus that leads to both the unaligned and the micro-alliances to be disproportionately and unfairly sanctioned.

What would I do? I would be very reluctant to use that sanction, even for my bestest friends. That 's the truth, but I am not exactly normal, now am I? Most people will just go with the path of least resistance and sanction any unaligned or micro on request, safest for them.

I can't change anything just by being myself, unfortunately. But I believe we - the micros and the unaligned as a group - CAN change it. We CAN defend ourselves, we CAN organize and use the system that victimizes us to defend ourselves instead. It's not easy but it's not impossible.

And the nice thing is that if I were to be elected to the senate at some point I would explicitly run on this platform, which should help avoid straining friendships later. Because all my friends would be on fair notice what my agenda is in the senate, and would thus have fair warning as to how I would behave, and be less likely to get upset with me for standing by my principles.

And it's great that you don't do it, but guess what. Your personal abstention is not going to have any noticeable affect on the final outcome. Other people do.

You're right, that's not your point, it's my point. This is exactly the calculus that leads to both the unaligned and the micro-alliances to be disproportionately and unfairly sanctioned.

What would I do? I would be very reluctant to use that sanction, even for my bestest friends. That 's the truth, but I am not exactly normal, now am I? Most people will just go with the path of least resistance and sanction any unaligned or micro on request, safest for them.

I can't change anything just by being myself, unfortunately. But I believe we - the micros and the unaligned as a group - CAN change it. We CAN defend ourselves, we CAN organize and use the system that victimizes us to defend ourselves instead. It's not easy but it's not impossible.

And the nice thing is that if I were to be elected to the senate at some point I would explicitly run on this platform, which should help avoid straining friendships later. Because all my friends would be on fair notice what my agenda is in the senate, and would thus have fair warning as to how I would behave, and be less likely to get upset with me for standing by my principles.

Pretty much the same platform to mine, I don't plan to sanction anyone unless its needed to defend against Sanctions. People can expect help if they are requesting a sanction removed, but not if they want them placed. You will make a good Senator as well one day.

The Revolution will only move forward.

Pretty much the same platform to mine, I don't plan to sanction anyone unless its needed to defend against Sanctions. People can expect help if they are requesting a sanction removed, but not if they want them placed. You will make a good Senator as well one day.

Yep, looking quite good from where I'm sitting.

2. The peace that was agreed upon was blown when members of minc rand a round of attacks then finished them off with peace offers. Did you really think that was going to happen?

This is my entire reason for being involved in this. Back when MI were going by the Riot Society moniker they got into a fight with LSF and the same thing happened. That they decided to raid SWF recently gave me a chance to have another go with them but a peace was negotiated. Now they've fallen out of favour with just about everyone there's no way I'm missing out on being involved in stomping the disingenuous filth. 

It's a shame that I have to be fighting a CA nation but, no other targets and anyone backing MI is scum in my eyes.

Viva El RevolutionE...o/ :war:

Yep, looking quite good from where I'm sitting.

IKR only Meth can see his plan and control the madness... :ehm:

first of all, allow me to congratulate my military opponent on bring the first leader to ever nuke me, and also the first to nuke. I have belatedly replied in kind, making you the first to ever be nuked by me.

That being said; you are either the most delirious or most disengenious madman I have ever known in this world, and though you're handily beating me (with that long and illustrious pile of wonders, I knew that going in), I want you to know that every bit I can chip away from you is a victory to me. You're a blight upon our Digiterra and I revile you as the foul disease you are.

As for your slack-jawed sycophants who praise your name and incite others to join your riotous, noxious cause, I have neither pity nor sympathy. I consign you to the ash pile of history, to be parked alongside the bombed out wrecks of other evil causes. You invoke Liberty, but liberty by definition is for the few. I invoke Freedom, which is man's natural birthright, and I pledge to commit myself to freeing this planet from your vomitous, malevolent presence.

Odious filth, I prophesy for you oblivion, ultimately to be forgotten where you are not reviled. Let war cleanse the face of Bob of even your names, lest they remain in our mouths as curses and in doing so keep alive the foulness of your memory. Your pustulic populations, full of vitriolic blasphemy against god and man, I consign to decimation; let the poisonous odors of your arguments be rent by cleansing flame.

To your meek and mewling whining for liberty for yourselves and burdens for others, I have the reply of cannon fire and sword. Get thee gone from our houses and our planet, you pilfering, posturing, villainous vermin, there is not room for YOU; you are exiled from the Brotherhood of nations and the family of man.

Let it be heard in every home in every nation of man: For these ruffians and blasphemers, War is the Answer. They are all mad dogs; mad dogs must needs be put down. So we shall.

Edited by Margrave

first of all, allow me to congratulate my military opponent on bring the first leader to ever nuke me, and also the first to nuke. I have belatedly replied in kind, making you the first to ever be nuked by me.

That being said; you are either the most delirious or most disengenious madman I have ever known in this world, and though you're handily beating me (with that long and illustrious pile of wonders, I knew that going in), I want you to know that every bit I can chip away from you is a victory to me.

I am glad I could have that honor, now you know what real war feels like. Every bit you can chip away feels as it should, that is war.