• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't you be preserving your strength for when Die Linke may need it, rather than wasting it away in a war which doesn't concern you?

DL have had 2 tangles with the people in MI, the recent raid on SWF and previously in very similar circumstances when they were in Riot Society. In both cases the resolution was a compromise because of the friends they had. I hold a grudge and it's time to aid in the smashing of MI now their friends with clout are sick of them.

I can't think of a better use of my strength.

DL have had 2 tangles with the people in MI, the recent raid on SWF and previously in very similar circumstances when they were in Riot Society. In both cases the resolution was a compromise because of the friends they had. I hold a grudge and it's time to aid in the smashing of MI now their friends with clout are sick of them.

I can't think of a better use of my strength.

Whatever friends they had which compromised the resolution before, I'm guessing are the ones now attacking them. So it seems like the best thing for you to do would be sit back and watch them fight. In this case the war by Monsters Inc wasn't a raid, but a very justified one.

Whatever friends they had which compromised the resolution before, I'm guessing are the ones now attacking them. So it seems like the best thing for you to do would be sit back and watch them fight. In this case the war by Monsters Inc wasn't a raid, but a very justified one.

and the lies and self aggrandizement continue unabated.

and the lies and self aggrandizement continue unabated.

I didn't know Monsters Inc well until I hit Stonewall in response to him hitting Jack Layton while he was a member of Monsters Inc, so I won't pretend to know what happened back then. However the Limitless Nexus - Monsters Inc friendship and alliance formed recently, I know the Kashmir relation went further back. Which is why I said "I'm guessing" rather than saying I know for sure.

No, they aren't.  I don't blame their friends either, they were in both cases more than reasonable but as with any person in any negotiation, looking for the resolution that suited them and their agenda. A compromise is the way a negotiation ends and as a rule we all have to accept that. We don't have to like it though. I didn't and now the opportunity has presented itself for me to be part of an ending I prefer. That you're in the way is unfortunate but it's not going to deter me in the slightest, any more than having to declare up on Pulisher deterred me.

The Libertarian Empire has the resolve to continue fighting our aggressors off, however long that may take. I'm sure our allies share the same resolve. However our intention is not the complete destruction on any alliance, only to fight them off until we got some retaliatory damage in and they want peace. I've always been a person of white peace once everyone's had their blows in, so I doubt the war will go on forever. I don't think this will end before my current rounds expire, but I'm not trying to extend this any longer than it needs to be.

My nation is built for war and will fight for however long is needed.

The Libertarian Empire has the resolve to continue fighting our aggressors off, however long that may take. I'm sure our allies share the same resolve. However our intention is not the complete destruction on any alliance, only to fight them off until we got some retaliatory damage in and they want peace. I've always been a person of white peace once everyone's had their blows in, so I doubt the war will go on forever. I don't think this will end before my current rounds expire, but I'm not trying to extend this any longer than it needs to be.

None of the assertions in your post there are true Meth. You're the aggressor in this war, any other analysis requires so much in the way mental gymnastics as to be ludicrous. You've also not got the resolve because you don't have the resources. All of your nations are burning. Sure, some of the nations in the alliances you oppose are burning too but there's far more of them.  There's a couple of nations that are going to be a proper handful and could be almost indefinitely. Yours isn't one of them. You're personally reduced to dishing out damage to nations that can be fixed with a few aid packages.

You've made reality your enemy. 

None of the assertions in your post there are true Meth. You're the aggressor in this war, any other analysis requires so much in the way mental gymnastics as to be ludicrous. You've also not got the resolve because you don't have the resources. All of your nations are burning. Sure, some of the nations in the alliances you oppose are burning too but there's far more of them.  There's a couple of nations that are going to be a proper handful and could be almost indefinitely. Yours isn't one of them. You're personally reduced to dishing out damage to nations that can be fixed with a few aid packages.

He's made it clear elsewhere -- in fact he said so explicitly -- that he will let people burn along with him. He tried to say that I should have understood what he intended to say but, silly me, I chose instead to focus on what he actually said.

Personally, I think it was a rare moment of clarity.

We are fighting a defensive war and each round it continues the bigger my comparative wonder/improvement advantage becomes towards those in range, while many SRA nations get pulled down with me. I realize you're just in this to try getting payback over past events, but don't pretend you know who the aggressor is. Edited by Methrage

We are fighting a defensive war and each round it continues the bigger my comparative wonder/improvement advantage becomes towards those in range, while many SRA nations get pulled down with me. I realize you're just in this to try getting payback over past events, but don't pretend you know who the aggressor is.

but every round brings me closer to you! muahahahaha

but every round brings me closer to you! muahahahaha

Almost seems like SRA is sacrificing their membership so others can get revenge on those in our coalition at this point. For most SRA nations peace would be in their interest. I just hope vanity doesn't cause SRA's leadership to sacrifice the well-being of their membership in order to turn this into an extended conflict and Walsh is just keeping his war face on until current rounds conclude.

Personally I find no pleasure in continuing to hit SRA nations after they are broke and think there is a point both sides should just be content walking away with whatever battle scars they end up with.

As soon as you're ready to surrender this will end.

As soon as you're ready to surrender this will end.

I'm good to keep going for a long time and no one on our side has any desire to surrender, so you won't be seeing that. Maybe me and you will get to meet on the battlefield before this is over.

I'm good to keep going for a long time and no one on our side has any desire to surrender, so you won't be seeing that. Maybe me and you will get to meet on the battlefield before this is over.

Maybe? I'm planning on that.

And maybe you should talk to minc. Word on the streets is they are already asking our side for peace. 

They don't get to leave until you surrender.

Maybe? I'm planning on that.

And maybe you should talk to minc. Word on the streets is they are already asking our side for peace. 

They don't get to leave until you surrender.

I also tried reaching out to Walsh to see if he was interested in peace, however willingness to peace this war out is not the same as being willing to surrender. If you guys want to drag this out, we can keep focusing on damage without any attempts at diplomacy. We're willing to end it, however a surrender you will still be trying to squeeze out from us months down the line with no success.

We're willing to end it, however a surrender you will still be trying to squeeze out from us months down the line with no success.

Well then pour me another beer cuz we got ourselves a good ole fashioned hootenanny.

Give the old guy in the room a moment to pontificate, please.

It used to be that when the big guys duked it out, the loser had some real consequences.  Somewhere along the way, the consequences changed to a slap on the wrist, a handshake, and a treaty a few months down the road.  It is that exact cultural change that has allowed for all the micro drama on our world.  It has allowed some pretty competent leaders to have a voice (See Walsh, See Margrave, See Lurunin, etc.).  It has also allowed for terrorism, which is exactly what I see Meth and his coalition as.  They are terrorists.

So, you talk about wanting peace.  I am willing to give you peace.  But your peace will have consequences.  In fact, I have vocalized to my government what I think the terms of your surrender should be.  I hope you are ready to be beaten down to ZI everything.  Otherwise, you will have to surrender.

I'll let my military and bombs do the talking then, onward to more war it shall be.

Your brave crusade, down declare on wonderless nations,. Let's see how willing to continue you are at zero infra and zero tech. 

Give the old guy in the room a moment to pontificate, please.

It used to be that when the big guys duked it out, the loser had some real consequences.  Somewhere along the way, the consequences changed to a slap on the wrist, a handshake, and a treaty a few months down the road.  It is that exact cultural change that has allowed for all the micro drama on our world.  It has allowed some pretty competent leaders to have a voice (See Walsh, See Margrave, See Lurunin, etc.).  It has also allowed for terrorism, which is exactly what I see Meth and his coalition as.  They are terrorists.

So, you talk about wanting peace.  I am willing to give you peace.  But your peace will have consequences.  In fact, I have vocalized to my government what I think the terms of your surrender should be.  I hope you are ready to be beaten down to ZI everything.  Otherwise, you will have to surrender.

I'm always ready to fight to ZI, but I'll bring more than a few SRA nations down there with me if you really want to try it. :P