Imperial Decree - DBDC

Dajobo

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am merely suggesting that it is very early days yet, people seem to be judging the policy on no actual data.   To state ''this is our policy'' does not equate with your interpretation of our policy.  It is ours to do with as we wish, we have just politely let you know what our policy is.

As for eternal war, I was not the one suggesting such, but I am prepared to embrace the consequences of our policy. 

Well the only data that can be see is a few small DT Probe nations that have been attacked.  Nations that can be fixed almost over night.  While other DT Probe nations continue to send tech and they have been joined by others who are doing it (as predicted) just to taunt Polar.  So far making this policy public has only added ammunition to those looking for excuses to hurt Polar.  While at the same time giving others ammunition to poke fun at what appears to be Polars impotence.  And doing nothing to stop tech from getting to DBDC.  Best to just the entire thing die and be forgotten.  Not a bad idea just the wrong time to try it out.   

Well the only data that can be see is a few small DT Probe nations that have been attacked.  Nations that can be fixed almost over night.  While other DT Probe nations continue to send tech and they have been joined by others who are doing it (as predicted) just to taunt Polar.  So far making this policy public has only added ammunition to those looking for excuses to hurt Polar.  While at the same time giving others ammunition to poke fun at what appears to be Polars impotence.  And doing nothing to stop tech from getting to DBDC.  Best to just the entire thing die and be forgotten.  Not a bad idea just the wrong time to try it out.   

Don't be silly--no one think's Polar is impotent. Any suggestion to the contrary is pure, but meaningless, rhetoric. If anyone did they'd be piling on... but guess what, they're not. Why? Because we're a force to be reckoned with, and few alliances want to take the hits we have to offer head on. So they circle like buzzards, and maneuver themselves in an attempt to get us where they want us. But everyone, allies and opponents alike, knows that when NpO chooses to attack (or not to attack) someone it does so for strategic reasons; funny that you (presumably) don't suggest the same thing of DBDC when they choose not to attack certain allies of NpO even after declaring war on all our allies and those providing aid to them. We all know how this works. No one wants to burn bridges, and no one wants to be taunted into a fght before it's strategically prudent to enter. Don't bother pretending otherwise.

We'll no doubt join in when/if our leaders deem it necessary, or when/if our allies call for aid.

Umbrella sending tech to DBDC in a clear attempt to bait us in isn't going to be successful, as I have full confidence in our leaders to decide on their own terms who and when to attack. Moreover, every non-standard nation (be it VE, Umb, or some other AA) which sends tech to DBDC to spite NpO is hurting its own alliance. These are people who would ordinarily provide for their own alliance, or use their slots for some other purpose... and who, for some juvenile reason, have decided to waste their slots on the Doom Chicken. Good on them. Without them, we wouldn't be as able to properly demonstrate the best possible example of "sycophant." 

Where'd Tywin go anyways?

You'll see him in a few days. He accepted a challenge via NpO's IRC, hence his current absence. Personally, I'm hoping he'll see the virtues of his temporary sobriety from OWF inebriation and tone down his posting habits. 

Don't be silly--no one think's Polar is impotent. Any suggestion to the contrary is pure, but meaningless, rhetoric. If anyone did they'd be piling on... but guess what, they're not. Why? Because we're a force to be reckoned with, and few alliances want to take the hits we have to offer head on. So they circle like buzzards, and maneuver themselves in an attempt to get us where they want us. But everyone, allies and opponents alike, knows that when NpO chooses to attack (or not to attack) someone it does so for strategic reasons; funny that you (presumably) don't suggest the same thing of DBDC when they choose not to attack certain allies of NpO even after declaring war on all our allies and those providing aid to them. We all know how this works. No one wants to burn bridges, and no one wants to be taunted into a fght before it's strategically prudent to enter. Don't bother pretending otherwise.

We'll no doubt join in when/if our leaders deem it necessary, or when/if our allies call for aid.

Umbrella sending tech to DBDC in a clear attempt to bait us in isn't going to be successful, as I have full confidence in our leaders to decide on their own terms who and when to attack. Moreover, every non-standard nation (be it VE, Umb, or some other AA) which sends tech to DBDC to spite NpO is hurting its own alliance. These are people who would ordinarily provide for their own alliance, or use their slots for some other purpose... and who, for some juvenile reason, have decided to waste their slots on the Doom Chicken. Good on them. Without them, we wouldn't be as able to properly demonstrate the best possible example of "sycophant." 

You'll see him in a few days. He accepted a challenge via NpO's IRC, hence his current absence. Personally, I'm hoping he'll see the virtues of his temporary sobriety from OWF inebriation and tone down his posting habits. 

Do explain the strategy part. What possible strategy dictates you allow your opposition to knock out the web around you in increments.

Don't be silly--no one think's Polar is impotent. 

False

Because we're a force to be reckoned with, and few alliances want to take the hits we have to offer head on. 

False

Umbrella sending tech to DBDC in a clear attempt to bait us in isn't going to be successful

Because that was this close to happening.  Taunt =/= bait.

every non-standard nation (be it VE, Umb, or some other AA) which sends tech to DBDC to spite NpO is hurting its own alliance. 

False, any tech slot spent to spite NpO is automatically a positive regardless of destination.

Without them, we wouldn't be as able to properly demonstrate the best possible example of "sycophant." 

You'll be fine.  Lead by example.

we're a force to be reckoned with, and few alliances want to take the hits we have to offer head on.

It all makes sense now! They aren't sitting idly by and letting their allies burn -- they're just saving us from the absolute terror of fighting someone with their unmatched prowess!

You seem confused or are simply trying to muddy the waters by tossing in other random things.  Polar has come foward with public policy that is suppose to deny DBDC tech by attacking those sending the tech.  This is failing because not only are small nations not worried about being attacked (they can rebuild overnight) but, alliances that know Polar will not attack them have also joined in sending tech.  Polar can not deny DBDC from getting all the tech it needs.  Thus Polar is impotent in enforcing this policy.  

This has nothing to with when Polar will enter the war and then be dog piled or just get dog piled before in a preemptive strike.  It is simply the failure of policy that never should have been made public. 

Don't be silly--no one think's Polar is impotent.

I think letting your allies burn while doing nothing does seem rather impotent. You have the numbers to be powerful, but clearly are not showing any of the spine or creativity to make something of those numbers. Just sitting around doing nothing is very much a show of impotence.

Because we're a force to be reckoned with, and few alliances want to take the hits we have to offer head on.

Is that why three alliances directly treatied to Polar have come under attack? Because we are all afraid of Polar? If people were truly afraid of you, they wouldn't be hitting your allies. As it stands, you've clearly shown that you fear your enemies enough to let your allies burn in your place.

But everyone, allies and opponents alike, knows that when NpO chooses to attack (or not to attack) someone it does so for strategic reasons;

In this case, is the strategy "let others burn while we fight some tech sellers"?

no one wants to be taunted into a fght before it's strategically prudent to enter.

I don't think a couple more days without a DoW will make this war any less painful for you, but what do I know.

This is the one thing which gives me hope for Polar's future. At least you know when to shut your members up.

I think letting your allies burn while doing nothing does seem rather impotent. You have the numbers to be powerful, but clearly are not showing any of the spine or creativity to make something of those numbers. Just sitting around doing nothing is very much a show of impotence.

Is that why three alliances directly treatied to Polar have come under attack? Because we are all afraid of Polar? If people were truly afraid of you, they wouldn't be hitting your allies. As it stands, you've clearly shown that you fear your enemies enough to let your allies burn in your place.

In this case, is the strategy "let others burn while we fight some tech sellers"?

I don't care about either side of this war, but as a bystander, I can't help but think your assumptions are silly.  Get past the "you do nothing while your allies burn" bit.  I'm sure if allies called, Polar would go, just as allies on the opposite side called, and alliances went.  Your argument is pretty flimsy there mate.

At least you know when to shut your members up.

NpO doesn't do that. Tywin accepted the challenge of his own free will, a decision he's no doubt regretting; you know, 'cause of the withdrawals. He's been suffering from OWF addiction for a while now, and the prognosis isn't good.

I don't care about either side of this war, but as a bystander, I can't help but think your assumptions are silly.  Get past the "you do nothing while your allies burn" bit.  I'm sure if allies called, Polar would go, just as allies on the opposite side called, and alliances went.  Your argument is pretty flimsy there mate.

Sure, I don't think Polar will be staying out of this forever. However, it does look vaguely silly for them to just sit around. Their rhetoric of being powerful and potent clashes with the reality of them not really doing much at all.

Pretty sure the rhetoric of them being powerful and potent is coming from "your side's" (sorry, in a hurry and couldn't come up with a more clear term for NPO's side of this conflict) propaganda.  Correct me if I'm wrong, and I could be, because I'm not going to take the time to search, but I can't recall Polar actually saying such.