Imperial Decree - DBDC

Dajobo

NpO doesn't do that. Tywin accepted the challenge of his own free will, a decision he's no doubt regretting; you know, 'cause of the withdrawals. He's been suffering from OWF addiction for a while now, and the prognosis isn't good.

Hope he doesn't relapse for all our sakes

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure the rhetoric of them being powerful and potent is coming from "your side's" (sorry, in a hurry and couldn't come up with a more clear term for NPO's side of this conflict) propaganda.  Correct me if I'm wrong, and I could be, because I'm not going to take the time to search, but I can't recall Polar actually saying such.

It is and it isn't. Big Bad spoke of the appearance of impotence in light of the fact that NpO isn't wildly throwing itself against VE and Umbrella; I replied that we're anything but impotent, and that if we were as impotent as we're alleged to appear, people would just pile on and defeat us already.

Naturally, my words were immediately twisted. Or that's one possible interpretation; I could always choose not to attribute to malice what can be appropriately attributed to stupidity. But I don't know OWF posters well enough to confidently make that judgment.

Sure, I don't think Polar will be staying out of this forever. However, it does look vaguely silly for them to just sit around. Their rhetoric of being powerful and potent clashes with the reality of them not really doing much at all.

Saxasm, c'mon, you are better than this.  :ehm:  Polar could jump in at any time now if only we wanted them to. Besides, we have no obligation to explain our intentions to the enemy.  :smug: We might be bad at war, tech selling, war chest building, trade circles, avoiding bill lock, buying the right wonders, FA, improvement swapping, govt switching, basic battle tactics, keeping loud mouthed members quiet on the OWF, coordinating, staggers, stocking nukes, and defending ourselves, but we aren't dumb.  :facepalm:  :awesome:

Saxasm, c'mon, you are better than this.  :ehm:  Polar could jump in at any time now if only we wanted them to. Besides, we have no obligation to explain our intentions to the enemy.  :smug: We might be bad at war, tech selling, war chest building, trade circles, avoiding bill lock, buying the right wonders, FA, improvement swapping, govt switching, basic battle tactics, keeping loud mouthed members quiet on the OWF, coordinating, staggers, stocking nukes, and defending ourselves, but we aren't dumb.  :facepalm:  :awesome:

Hey, there was that one time we did a thing. Pretty great times.

This thread is basically just Polar mentioning they might go to war with alliances doing deals with those at war with them, while serving as a recognition of war with Doombird Doomcave. How this thread has continued this long with nothing happening beyond that, I don't know.

I would think NpO would have plenty of alliances they could fight if they were up for it, with several of their MDoAP allies under attack. However until they DoW someone, I'm not sure they can even be considered a participant in the global war. I doubt this policy will have a significant effect on DBDC's growth. Making some DBDC nations maybe get tech at a slightly slower rate isn't going to make a difference anytime. What seems to be getting hit hard are most of NpO's allies.

Edited by Methrage

Umbrella sending tech to DBDC in a clear attempt to bait us in isn't going to be successful, as I have full confidence in our leaders to decide on their own terms who and when to attack. Moreover, every non-standard nation (be it VE, Umb, or some other AA) which sends tech to DBDC to spite NpO is hurting its own alliance. These are people who would ordinarily provide for their own alliance, or use their slots for some other purpose... and who, for some juvenile reason, have decided to waste their slots on the Doom Chicken. Good on them. Without them, we wouldn't be as able to properly demonstrate the best possible example of "sycophant." 

Thus why this isn't a moral stance, its an attempt to bait people into attacking Polaris directly for an advantageous position for you.

It failed and you look stupid for only attacking a few of the nations aiding DBDC.  That's the reality.  

Nice attempt though!

For a complete list of alliances aiding DBDC see below.  Please note that only DT Probes of the six alliances listed has been hit.  

[spoiler] 

DT Probes

World Task Force

Mushroom Kingdom

Viridian Entente

Umbrella

Non Grata

[/spoiler]

Edited by Bob

This thread is basically just Polar mentioning they might go to war with alliances doing deals with those at war with them, while serving as a recognition of war with Doombird Doomcave. How this thread has continued this long with nothing happening beyond that, I don't know.

I would think NpO would have plenty of alliances they could fight if they were up for it, with several of their MDoAP allies under attack. However until they DoW someone, I'm not sure they can even be considered a participant in the global war. I doubt this policy will have a significant effect on DBDC's growth. Making some DBDC nations maybe get tech at a slightly slower rate isn't going to make a difference anytime. What seems to be getting hit hard are most of NpO's allies.

Very nice summation Methrage.

Stay on topic

Like 16 pages late to the party here

Thus why this isn't a moral stance, its an attempt to bait people into attacking Polaris directly for an advantageous position for you.

It failed and you look stupid for only attacking a few of the nations aiding DBDC.  That's the reality.  

Nice attempt though!

For a complete list of alliances aiding DBDC see below.  Please note that only DT Probes of the six alliances listed has been hit.  

[spoiler] 

DT Probes

World Task Force

Mushroom Kingdom

Viridian Entente

Umbrella

Non Grata

[/spoiler]

You should probably reread the OP then. Polaris never stated it would war every single nation aiding DBDC but that it reserves the right to hit any nation sending aid. Thus, for all the rhetoric, chest-thumping, whooping, and hollering from your side; it is all for naught except to show that y'all either can't comprehend what was posted or you are quite lousy at propaganda. Either one is not optimal for you guys. If y'all had just basically ignored this, then you could be laughing amongst yourselves about whatever misunderstandings y'all are having with Polaris's policy. Instead, you and others keep posting how much you misunderstood the policy and I know I am having quite the chuckle over it. 

You should probably reread the OP then. Polaris never stated it would war every single nation aiding DBDC but that it reserves the right to hit any nation sending aid. Thus, for all the rhetoric, chest-thumping, whooping, and hollering from your side; it is all for naught except to show that y'all either can't comprehend what was posted or you are quite lousy at propaganda. Either one is not optimal for you guys. If y'all had just basically ignored this, then you could be laughing amongst yourselves about whatever misunderstandings y'all are having with Polaris's policy. Instead, you and others keep posting how much you misunderstood the policy and I know I am having quite the chuckle over it. 

I thought the whole "let's try to bait DT into hitting us so we can claim its a defensive war" was pretty obvious from my post.

Thanks for reminding me I have to spell things out so all of the members of our community can understand it!

The selection is based in tactical convenience, not in any moral policy or MK would have been hit and several others who are actively involved with tech deals.  I haven't misunderstood anything here, I just recognize this post for exactly what it was.

Edited by Bob

Is that so? I mean, I don't want to restart the whole "aiding an alliance at war is an act of war" conversation... but this decree didn't appear out of a vacuum. It was a direct response to hostilities, an undeclared war against our upper tier.  By your reasoning, couldn't we also say that everyone who aided DBDC after they attacked us (this time, last time... you choose) but prior to the decree was attempting to bait Dajobo into making just such a decree? Even more laughably, once DBDC's aggression was officially recognized, DBDC had the audacity to pretend that we were somehow coming from left field--prompting them to announce a state of war against all of our allies; a statement which, by and large, haven't led to much of anything. Interesting that our critics fail to point this out every time they bring up the fact that we're not attacking everyone who aids DBDC.

Both sides are being selective about their targets. Why does this fact reflect poorly on Polaris, but not on the rest of you? You can at least try to be consistent.

This whole thing is one hot mess. DBDC's policies put it in a state of almost perpetual warfare while it simultaneously never stops receiving tech, meaning that those tech providers are constantly committing acts of war, acts which alliances (until now) have chosen not to act on. The moment someone (NpO) acts, it's criticized for not going far enough... even though every other alliance was more than willing to not only not do enough, but not do anything at all! Moreover, there are very solid reasons behind the restraint we're showing regarding who we choose to engage--restraint which Dajobo acknowledged from the start.

All of the that said, people have been suggesting this tactic for the longest time, so I grant that we're late to the party--but at least we're here now. 

[spoiler] 

DT Probes

World Task Force

Mushroom Kingdom

Viridian Entente

Umbrella

Non Grata

[/spoiler]

Let's compare a list of Polar's allies, who DBDC claimed they were at war with, with a list of alliances that DBDC has recently attacked.

What, TOP isn't on that list? Weird. And that awkward silence? Yeah. That's you realizing you're full of !@#$. 

Edited by MichaelH43ID

Let's compare a list of Polar's allies, who DBDC claimed they were at war with, with a list of alliances that DBDC has recently attacked.

What, TOP isn't on that list? Weird. And that awkward silence? Yeah. That's you realizing you're full of !@#$. 

What, DBDC and TOP have a treaty that includes a NAP? Weird.  What's that awkward silence?

Edited by Bob

What, DBDC and TOP have a treaty that includes a NAP? Weird.  What's that awkward silence?

haha - that was Michael's point lol

Also, you guys seem to be going for all your worth with that strawman position you've constructed about us devising this policy as a strategy in the global war. They're different things, but milk it for all you're worth if you like, I enjoy watching people make themselves look plain silly  :popcorn:

Like Mihail said, that's precisely my point. Both sides are eyeing the treaty web, not only their direct connections to other alliances, but also the connections that those alliances have. It's the rational, strategic thing to do--but your side is trying to pretend that we're the only ones doing it... or, at least, that when we do it, it's because we're impotent, cowardly, incompetent, or some other bit of propaganda. 

I'm simply advocating some intellectual honesty here. 

The reason these conversations never get anywhere is because we're all too busy focusing on the one line we disagree with, instead of giving some actual thought to the entire post and its collective merits.

Edited by MichaelH43ID

haha - that was Michael's point lol

Also, you guys seem to be going for all your worth with that strawman position you've constructed about us devising this policy as a strategy in the global war. They're different things, but milk it for all you're worth if you like, I enjoy watching people make themselves look plain silly  :popcorn:

Sure seems to be a strategy from the limited target selection, especially given a disbanded alliance aided DBDC and the DT nations your nations attacked and you don't respond.  Said nation has been aiding DBDC for months, just like the DT nations. 

Like Mihail said, that's precisely my point. Both sides are eyeing the treaty web, not only their direct connections to other alliances, but also the connections that those alliances have. It's the rational, strategic thing to do--but your side is trying to pretend that we're the only ones doing it... or, at least, that when we do it, it's because we're impotent, cowardly, incompetent, or some other bit of propaganda. 

I'm simply advocating some intellectual honesty here. 

The reason these conversations never get anywhere is because we're all too busy focusing on the one line we disagree with, instead of giving some actual thought to the entire post and its collective merits.

So.. your comparison was Polaris not attacking a bunch of alliances who they aren't treatied to and DBDC not attacking their treaty partner? 

Edited by Bob

Sure seems to be a strategy from the limited target selection, especially given a disbanded alliance aided DBDC and the DT nations your nations attacked and you don't respond.  Said nation has been aiding DBDC for months, just like the DT nations. 

Perhaps we're in talks with them, perhaps we have a priority list, perhaps we're still processing  them internally in preparation for declarations, perhaps a whole bunch of other things, but you go right on ahead crafting your crap to suit your narrative.  :wacko:

Perhaps we're in talks with them, perhaps we have a priority list, perhaps we're still processing  them internally in preparation for declarations, perhaps a whole bunch of other things, but you go right on ahead crafting your crap to suit your narrative.  :wacko:

I wait with bated breath for your declarations.

Prove me wrong.  Until then, the facts of the situation seem to fit pretty damn well.

Edited by Bob

Guys ease up on Bob, he's under some serious pressure. It's not easy being one of the leaders of a coalition and still not at war when your puppets are in deep. To make matters worse, the other side are being dicks and not calling the treaties you need called to commit people to the right front!

Bob knows this coalition's failed policy of winging it and relying on the other side to act predictably isn't working and if we aren't baited in soon there's a question of what front to find new puppets to open, and who will volunteer?

Bob, just for you I will explain something.

This policy isn't actually directly connected to the wider war. It's a response to DBDC's declaration of war on us. If you look at previous times DBDC have attacked Polar nations it was dressed and presented as a raid, along with peace offers and all. This time it wasn't.

The wider community though has advocated this as the only viable (albeit difficult) approach for quite some time, but also knew it would likely trigger a global war to attempt it. Polaris isn't all that worried about losing a war, we've been there before, sometime spectacularly! We were however very afraid to start a potentially catastrophic war for our allies who have stood with us through thick and thin, and deserve better.

So now your coalition of cowards has launched the war. A war specifically aimed at grabbing power and control over planet Bob, as expressly stated by Letum. Now is the time to start this, you have removed the only thing stopping us. You jump on your propaganda box like a hero screaming look they haven't hit anyone but DT Probes, like it's a significant point. The fact is there's a war rolling out and the rest will wait until it doesn't matter or will chose to stop as once the war is rolling they have no reason to.

This is a long term policy of ours as I stated clearly in the OP. It runs until we have an agreement with DBDC, as I also stated in the OP. Don't take the lack of wars as an indication either on the success or failure of this plan. We're old fashioned and sometimes use diplomacy first, as shocking a revelation as this may be to you!

Guys ease up on Bob, he's under some serious pressure. It's not easy being one of the leaders of a coalition and still not at war when your puppets are in deep. To make matters worse, the other side are being dicks and not calling the treaties you need called to commit people to the right front!

Bob knows this coalition's failed policy of winging it and relying on the other side to act predictably isn't working and if we aren't baited in soon there's a question of what front to find new puppets to open, and who will volunteer?

Bob, just for you I will explain something.

This policy isn't actually directly connected to the wider war. It's a response to DBDC's declaration of war on us. If you look at previous times DBDC have attacked Polar nations it was dressed and presented as a raid, along with peace offers and all. This time it wasn't.

The wider community though has advocated this as the only viable (albeit difficult) approach for quite some time, but also knew it would likely trigger a global war to attempt it. Polaris isn't all that worried about losing a war, we've been there before, sometime spectacularly! We were however very afraid to start a potentially catastrophic war for our allies who have stood with us through thick and thin, and deserve better.

So now your coalition of cowards has launched the war. A war specifically aimed at grabbing power and control over planet Bob, as expressly stated by Letum. Now is the time to start this, you have removed the only thing stopping us. You jump on your propaganda box like a hero screaming look they haven't hit anyone but DT Probes, like it's a significant point. The fact is there's a war rolling out and the rest will wait until it doesn't matter or will chose to stop as once the war is rolling they have no reason to.

This is a long term policy of ours as I stated clearly in the OP. It runs until we have an agreement with DBDC, as I also stated in the OP. Don't take the lack of wars as an indication either on the success or failure of this plan. We're old fashioned and sometimes use diplomacy first, as shocking a revelation as this may be to you!

Peasants being peasants.  

Dajobo is the "Jon Snow" of Tywin_Lannisters tiny swimmers.

Could we war or something?  This dribble in this thread got boring 28 pages ago.  Either fight or not fight.