FAN Announcement

I would love for you to link me where there has been any discussion on any new senate proposal on whether they should vote yes or no on it. As soon as it happened I brought it to KCPs attention, you can search all over 'Operation Unknown' and you will not find any mention of how to vote, why to vote, or the brought up of any ways to vote. There was no contact by tJL to RIOT, or on the KCP forums about voting. In fact, there was a thread started by RIOT on the issue, not before by any one else. So please, if anyone is going to be called a liar, it's you.

July 10: Max brought up changes on the forum before any proposals were even made. No comments at all from you in the thread.

July 15: Yolo brought up the votes. Max mentioned how he voted the same day. Person from RS also logged on but said nothing about any issues with the actual votes. You made no comments at all.

July 18: You brought up that the votes hurt on July 18. First time anything was said about it.

Perhaps you didn't lie on purpose, but you did come on to the OWF the exact same day you mention anything might be wrong on the private forum acting like Max had done nothing (when he started a discussion regarding the changes July 10) AND giving verbal approval to a person attacking him saying

so I am glad one of your nations is getting nuked over it.

and saying

you should go talk to people before voting. You had not even come to us, where we share a senator voting agreement....I can tell you know that RIOT will not be supporting Max Power as our senator. Because you basically spat in our faces without even coming to us.

Next time take the time to look at what really happened and get your facts right before verbally supporting on the OWF the nuking of one of tJL's members.

(I can PM you the links but I get the feeling you can find them yourself) Edited by White Chocolate

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the Alex Trebek post wins the internet, but other than that, I see some escalation going on in the war screens, hopeful for our first senate based fracas!

/popcorn

Regardless of the marginal benefit +3 Happiness provides, during times of war the increase in the cost of nukes is far more significant. So if the proposal on nukes was passed, with no one checking with FAN if they have any war plans, then FAN could face a large increased cost in conducting war compared to other color spheres and find themselves weakened by other Senators on their team. I don't think any color sphere can say with confidence none of its members will potentially be involved in war within the next month, so for a marginal increase in happiness by passing such a proposal, you are weakening your entire color sphere in the event of war.

If this war with FAN escalates, I think it will quickly become apparent that the nuke proposal is costing all yellow nations involved much more money than +3 Happiness can provide. Even Javahouse who voted to pass the nuke proposal can't say with confidence they won't be involved in nuclear war during the month they make nukes more expensive.

So I just hope this serves as a lesson for senators its not worth harming your color sphere's ability to conduct war for a month, just for slight economic advantages if there is no war.

The Javahouse League is a non-raiding alliance. As one of their founders, I'm well aware of that. I can't speak for FAN - don't even know their policy. But the person attacking tJL made it clear his reasoning which was based on and it wasn't a raid.

I have joint membership in tJL and DBDC. As a member of DBDC, yes - I'm into that kind of thing. Thankfully tJL puts up with me in spite of this.

If Javahouse League is a non-raiding alliance, but you are a member, and you raid, you just destroyed your own argument. If they allow you to raid, they are a raiding alliance.

It's not rocket science.

I'm glad to see color drama back!

OOC: This is the best change/addition to the game in a long time.

Agreed! Color drama is the best.

If Javahouse League is a non-raiding alliance, but you are a member, and you raid, you just destroyed your own argument. If they allow you to raid, they are a raiding alliance.

It's not rocket science.

Agreed, drawing from Policy C of The Javahouse League's charter:

c. tJL does NOT allow "tech raiding" or other individual declaration of war for any reason. Any nation that declares war when tJL is at peace is doing so without tJL's backing.

It's not rocket science.

Agreed! Color drama is the best.

Don't worry WC only raids while on the DBDC AA. It's not hypocritical. 

EDIT: That came off as sarcastic and I don't intend for it to be. 

Edited by Unknown Smurf

Congratulations, Admin, for making color politics relevant again! Though, I am not giving the Admin full credit, that credit also goes to FAN, for initiating the rebirth of color politics.

It's not rocket science.

I'm not aware of White Chocolate's raidings under tJL's banner. Mind pointing that out for me? 

I'm not aware of White Chocolate's raidings under tJL's banner. Mind pointing that out for me? 

I think what Starfox101 is saying is that White Chocolate claims to have dual membership with both Doombird Doomcave and The Javahouse League while holding a government position at The Javahouse League, yet still raiding in contrary to the alliance he holds a government position in.

I think what Starfox101 is saying is that White Chocolate claims to have dual membership with both Doombird Doomcave and The Javahouse League while holding a government position at The Javahouse League, yet still raiding in contrary to the alliance he holds a government position in.

It's not uncommon for DBDC's members to have dual memberships.

As far as I know, White Chocolate does not hold a government position at The Javahouse League, at least since she joined DBDC.

Words have been spoken between tJL and FAN to hash out some things between us.  In that discussion the idea of gentleman's agreement regarding senate proposals for the yellow team was tossed around.  Which of course will require some talking and handshaking among the gentleman and gentleladies of the yellow sphere.  Those that wish to know more about what was discussed in regards to that idea should contact either FAN or tJL.

White Chocolate can neither speak for tJL, nor represent tJL with her actions raiding. We do not condone it, nor do we support members who engage in unauthorized wars. She is however one of the best people I have met, she is a founder of tJL, we all love her and we have no qualms with her dual citizenship. While she may wish to adhere to DBDC values, she is still a member of tJL and privvy to all levels of knowledge within our alliance. If you can't respect that, we can't help you.

I want to thank FAN and specifically mpol and Mackay up to this point for being good representations of what we hope our relationship to be like in the future with FAN. We had a good discussion, we came to a mutual understanding and we'll move on. Some other sphere can provide the war that people want.

Words have been spoken between tJL and FAN to hash out some things between us.  In that discussion the idea of gentleman's agreement regarding senate proposals for the yellow team was tossed around.  Which of course will require some talking and handshaking among the gentleman and gentleladies of the yellow sphere.  Those that wish to know more about what was discussed in regards to that idea should contact either FAN or tJL.

Good to hear. There are obviously some adjustments to be made since the new changes to senates affect everybody. And there are plenty alliances I'd love to duke it out with over senate issues, FAN not being one of them. As you may know, Javahouse and Kashmir are pretty tight to say the least and we're looking forward to good cooperation with your alliance in the future.

I'm glad things were settled though, and for the record I do find the idea of FAN threatening retaliation to these proposals (which are essentially anti-weapons and pro-communism in their wording) very entertaining and consistent with your alliance's attitude. I thrive on CN war and get a little tingly every time the prospect comes up, but it would have been a shame to have to be on the other end of things in this scenario.

G'job FAN and Java.

White Chocolate can neither speak for tJL, nor represent tJL with her actions raiding. We do not condone it, nor do we support members who engage in unauthorized wars. She is however one of the best people I have met, she is a founder of tJL, we all love her and we have no qualms with her dual citizenship. While she may wish to adhere to DBDC values, she is still a member of tJL and privvy to all levels of knowledge within our alliance. If you can't respect that, we can't help you.

I want to thank FAN and specifically mpol and Mackay up to this point for being good representations of what we hope our relationship to be like in the future with FAN. We had a good discussion, we came to a mutual understanding and we'll move on. Some other sphere can provide the war that people want.

No, if she's a dual member, then she is a member of tJL that is raiding.

Common sense would dictate that instead of playing to the bored masses you could've spared us the bluster and worked towards an amicable solution to your problems from the start.

Common sense is lacking in these parts it would seem. I guess I'm glad peace isn't.

While a war over color politics would provide for some entertainment, I'm glad to see this situation resolved. Since I like both FAN and tJL, neither would of been an alliance I would of wanted to see beaten down in war.

Although this thread does set the mood for more color drama to come, so it will be interesting to see what other conflicts might occur over the new senate changes.