FAN Announcement

I'm getting the vibe that polars doesn't like doombirdcave very much

You mean Polar doesn't like a raiding alliance that hits nations for profit without justification? I guess that's why Polar and \m/ had trouble for all those years, right?

Anyway, it's just me and Schatt. Probably the two most vocal people in Polar. Take it as you will.

Dual membership nonsense has always been silly. Unless someone wants to give me dual membership in their alliance and pull all sorts of chicanery without any consequences. Then it's awesome and I support it.

That's essentially what is going on, actually.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dual membership nonsense has always been silly. Unless someone wants to give me dual membership in their alliance and pull all sorts of chicanery without any consequences. Then it's awesome and I support it.

Congrats and welcome to DBDC.  Feel free to shit anywhere you'd like.

Everyone here can see the math and see that voting for these proposals was the best economic choice, what people seem to be having a hard time grasping is that economics are not everyone's top priority. FAN doesn't like it, and they are letting that be known.

Either listen or don't but if you don't I would be prepared to face the wrath of FAN because in my experience with them they sure as hell won't be backing down. 

Congrats and welcome to DBDC.  Feel free to !@#$ anywhere you'd like.

I stand corrected.

I believe this also makes me Henceforth and Forevermore Upper Tier, IRL. Once a Doombird, always a Doombird. You'll just have to fend for yourselves on this one, Starfox/Schatt.

Everyone here can see the math and see that voting for these proposals was the best economic choice, what people seem to be having a hard time grasping is that economics are not everyone's top priority. FAN doesn't like it, and they are letting that be known.

Either listen or don't but if you don't I would be prepared to face the wrath of FAN because in my experience with them they sure as hell won't be backing down. 

get outta here srqt what do you think you're doin

Troll? Not sure if serious or not.

You can't hold dual membership and on one hand advocate raiding aligned nations for no reason, then change your AA and cry about being attacked over a grievance. Unless of course you are a gigantic hypocrite, which in this case, is 100% obvious unless you are a friend of DBDC. See: Hershey.

I remember as far back as I started playing NPO and NpO were the most open alliances about allowing Duel Citizenship for some leaders, which early on made me question whether the two were even separate alliances. So its kind of ironic to now see NpO criticizing others for allowing duel membership, when that is partly what made NPO/NpO very powerful once upon a time.

Edited by Methrage

I remember as far back as I started playing NPO and NpO were the most open alliances about allowing Duel Citizenship for some leaders, which early on made me question whether the two were even separate alliances. So its kind of ironic to now see NpO criticizing others for allowing duel membership, when that is partly what made NPO/NpO very powerful once upon a time.

There's a large difference between having dual membership and using dual membership to hide behind an AA.

There's a large difference between having dual membership and using dual membership to hide behind an AA.

When DBDC raided NpO nations, there was no hiding behind AAs. NpO could of retaliated and tried pulling their allies in.

White Chocolate keeps a close association with Javahouse because she has close friends within the alliance and giving up her connection to that community was not required to join Doombirds. WC is not using any AA to hide behind, but feels there is no conflict in interest by her being a member of both. Doombirds are free to do as they wish and aren't bound by any political conventions set by others.

That you would compare her not wanting to leave Javahouse fully while being a part of Doombirds to cowardice and hiding shows you still have learned nothing about showing some respect to those who are deserving of it. Seeing you get rolled along with your protectors immediately after my White Peace with Kashmir was achieved, as you continued to get eaten alive by the wolves well past the time Riot Society got peace, made the conclusion of our conflict even more satisfying. While my nation got my aid slots nearly full of $9m for a few aid cycles, you got yourself on the hook for nearly all your slots occupied with paying back 2-3 weeks worth of tech from $9m/300t deals you filled your slots with to try fighting off the wolves.

So enjoy paying back all that tech as your nation is smaller than ever, while the Libertarian Empire received close to $100m in free aid towards rebuilding efforts post-war despite still being at higher infra levels than you'll reach. If you want anyone to ever show some respect towards yourself, you need to learn how to respect those who actually play well and benefit the alliances they become a member of. I only revealed this post of yours to see if you had learned anything, but it seems you still have nothing worth reading to say and the forum is so much better without your comments.

Edited by Methrage

I can appreciate the Irony Meth! I'll clear up a misconception though, Polaris isn't criticizing anybody. One of our respected members is stating his opinion and I 100% support his right to do so but at no time did he imply he was speaking for us as an alliance. We did our talking on the battlefield when DBDC visited and when those wars ended we went both went about our business as normal.

Ok Methrage if you're literally incapable of talking to me without bringing your petty grudge into it, I won't point out how wrong you are again.

I don't even know what I did to make you so jealous of the fact that I have actual friends.

Polaris began as a Francoist colony of Pacifica; the dual membership was political in nature and had little tactical (ooc: in-game) bearing.

Edited by Tywin Lannister

If yall were somehow implying that Javahouse used the DBDC AA to launch consequence free attacks on Polar, I think there'd be a point then. If yall're saying WhiteChocolate is using DBDC to get a free pass when WhiteChocolate has never left the DBDC AA, that doesn't make a ton of sense.

What was that, like 7 years ago?

Well, if a high tier raider pissed someone off enough, it would be possible to identify and influence their lower-level tech suppliers or trade partners who, in certain situations, the upper-tier nation has less relative influence over.

Edited by Tywin Lannister

Ok Methrage if you're literally incapable of talking to me without bringing your petty grudge into it, I won't point out how wrong you are again.

I don't even know what I did to make you so jealous of the fact that I have actual friends.

Your response had nothing to do with my comment and there was no truth to what you were implying. By stating there is a big difference behind duel membership and hiding behind an AA, you imply White Chocolate is doing something different from duel membership and what she's doing is hiding. There is no truth to be found by connecting your reply to my response, just you throwing baseless mud with no truth or reason behind it. If White Chocolate wanted to hide, she would be joining GPA instead of Doombirds. Responding to you only derails threads into pointless circles of you continuing your baseless rants, with nothing of value to be gained from even reading what you have to say. Reading them only serves to bring attention to how wrong you are always and your tendency to try to casting the first stone at those of better character than yourself even if it means baseless accusations and misinformation.

So its not that I hold a grudge, I just don't like the way in which you post and conduct yourself. Your statement didn't show my statement wrong in any way, but only served to further highlight your tendency to throw baseless mud at random individuals and see what sticks.

Methrage you should hire someone to attack rey

He got attacked a lot more and for a lot longer when I wasn't paying anybody to do it. So I consider him irrelevant and me telling anyone to do it unnecessary. I'm not sure why I even bothered responding to him this thread, other than on a whim when seeing he made a stupid statement in response to my post.