We're certainly making sure at least a few of NATO/TPF are sleeping with the fishes.

The text in this post has been certified as Politically Correct by Plant Bob standards. It contains no added references to treaty chains that may adversely impact the interests of alliances aligned with DBDC, which have been artificially removed to ensure to minimal traces of offence for aligned readers.

Seriously, you declared on NATO because we declared a war alongside TPF on a DBDC nation (fair enough) that had declared on Fark nations (the Fark nations had declared on a MQ rogue on the DBDC AA that has already switched to TOP, with 2 other rogues also switching AA again). Either the DBDC nation was a rogue or DBDC has already "unofficially" recognised hostilities with Fark. Or DBDC is a rogue entity that declares on whoever it feels like within a 250 ranking due to an Admin-given right to downdeclare with a massive tech advantage (at least, for one round). Edited by Sir Humphrey

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The text in this post has been certified as Politically Correct by Plant Bob standards. It contains no added references to treaty chains that may adversely impact the interests of alliances aligned with DBDC, which have been artificially removed to ensure to minimal traces of offence for aligned readers.

Seriously, you declared on NATO because we declared a war alongside TPF on a DBDC nation (fair enough) that had declared on Fark nations (the Fark nations had declared on a MQ rogue on the DBDC AA that has already switched to TOP, with 2 other rogues also switching AA again). Either the DBDC nation was a rogue or DBDC has already "unofficially" recognised hostilities with Fark. Or DBDC is a rogue entity that declares on whoever it feels like within a 250 ranking due to an Admin-given right to downdeclare with a massive tech advantage (at least, for one round).

You are wrong, stop being wrong and just enjoy blowing each other up.  If you want peace you know what to do.

Community?  Norms?  Why, Marx, you've gone positively soft.

Far from the "norm" of the "community at large" the practice of continuing to raid nations after they had joined an alliance is no more than just that: The practice of GOONS, which you enforced at the end of DH's gun.

Again, it's going to be a rough transition for all of you, but you're all now at the bottom of the shit heap you all spent 3 years piling up.  Stiff upper lip, stop whining, and above all stop trying to turn moralizing e-lawyers on us. 

You get a certain amount of tolerance as vaguely, possibly useful and due to having old, slimy friends in newly-high places, take it gratefully and shush.

"Oh, hey, I'm going to join a mass member alliance and then act all tough!"

That's you.

You are wrong, stop being wrong and just enjoy blowing each other up.  If you want peace you know what to do.

He's not wrong, either Lebubu's attack was sanctioned and DBDC declared on FARK or it wasn't and he's a rogue.  That's not something he can be wrong about, he's just essentially asking which it was :P

However, despite not being wrong, the other comment is correct that it doesn't matter.  DBDC doesn't want to trigger the chains, so they have selectively chosen to use text (lol) to avoid those chains.  Whether they are succesfull or not will be seen with time, however as of right now I am just waiting for a DBDC slot to open up as despite all the bravado from the big 4, everyone on page 2 isn't doing so hot :/

It stopped mattering....well it never really did matter did it?....what a ridiculous thing to try to argue Sir Humphrey unless of course you don't realize it never really mattered......in which case...ramble on about nothing.

Speaking of rambling on about nothing...

"Oh, hey, I'm going to join a mass member alliance and then act all tough!"

That's you.

Are you saying that this wasn't how Schatt posted prior to joining Polar? What rock did you crawl out from?

He's not wrong, either Lebubu's attack was sanctioned and DBDC declared on FARK or it wasn't and he's a rogue.  That's not something he can be wrong about, he's just essentially asking which it was :P

However, despite not being wrong, the other comment is correct that it doesn't matter.  DBDC doesn't want to trigger the chains, so they have selectively chosen to use text (lol) to avoid those chains.  Whether they are succesfull or not will be seen with time, however as of right now I am just waiting for a DBDC slot to open up as despite all the bravado from the big 4, everyone on page 2 isn't doing so hot :/

Let me help you out there.

If your alliance and Fark and TPF, etc. consider DBDC to be nothing more than a high end pirate haven, therefore a collection of rogues, have at it and have fun.  Hell bring in more friends if you want and spread the hurt you're going to suffer around a bit.

If you consider DBDC to be a legitimate alliance that is engaging in wars against other alliances, then stop arguing here with people who have every reason to deny they are engaged in alliance warfare, start up a coalition channel, and plan a much larger war to include DBDC and its allies.

It's simple, really.

Far from the "norm" of the "community at large" the practice of continuing to raid nations after they had joined an alliance is no more than just that: The practice of GOONS, which you enforced at the end of DH's gun.

Except it wasn't our practice. You can make the assertion all you wish though that doesn't mean that you're any less incorrect about it.

Except it wasn't our practice. You can make the assertion all you wish though that doesn't mean that you're any less incorrect about it.

Not sure what Schatt was referring to, but surely you'll at least acknowledge that it's been policy to continue raiding until the wars expire, even after the nation has been accepted to an alliance?

Wait, didn't Fark hit a nation on the DBDC AA? So, that would make Fark the rogues, not DBDC. Again, you cannot consider MQ rogues unless they rogued you or your allies. At best, they are raid victims in which case when they are accepted into an alliance, you cease raiding. Fark failed to do this in any of the actual scenarios that took place. 

Again, just because you call something a rogue, does not make it true. I could easily call all those in the neutral coalition rogue alliances and basically everyone in CN would laugh at me. 

So, basically we have Fark sanctioned rogue actions against DBDC with NATO and TPF backing up the rogues. 

If AI your alliance and IRON Fark and NPO TPF, etc. consider Umbrella DBDC to be nothing more than a high end pirate haven, therefore a collection of rogues, have at it and have fun.  Hell bring in more friends if you want and spread the hurt you're going to suffer around a bit.

If you consider Umbrella DBDC to be a legitimate alliance that is engaging in wars against other alliances, then stop arguing here with people who have every reason to deny they are engaged in alliance warfare, start up a coalition channel, and plan a much larger war to include Umbrella DBDC and its allies.

It's simple, really.

It IS simple.. See what I did there?  Your rhetoric is stale and your tactics are not effective.

I see where you are coming from, I think it's the initial action that is causing our disagreement.

In my opinion, DBDC had no right to accept infinite citadel without conducting negotiations and Fark had every right to consider him a target.

Once that happened, in my opinion, every action taken by NATO, Fark and TPF were justified. If other people dispute that opinion, that's their right and that is how wars happen :D

Edit: this was in response to Doch's post, got sniped x 2

Edited by berbers

I see where you are coming from, I think it's the initial action that is causing our disagreement.

In my opinion, DBDC had no right to accept infinite citadel without conducting negotiations and Fark had every right to consider him a target.

Once that happened, in my opinion, every action taken by NATO, Fark and TPF were justified. If other people dispute that opinion, that's their right and that is how wars happen :D

Edit: this was in response to Doch's post, got sniped x 2

Fark actually had zero right to consider anyone anything.  That's the crux of the argument, not how DBDC responded.  We messaged Fark the day he was hit to ask for peace.  Not in a dickish way, but in a diplomatic way, and they said TDO would have to sign off on it.  TDO did, but they wanted universal peace with all AA's and we knew that wasn't possible.  At the time, we considered IC and lebubu to be full members of DBDC, not refugees.  We tried to make it clear that if the wars on them were to continue, we would seek appropriate action.  I have logs of all of this, Fark knew exactly what they were doing, and knew that they had no super tier to jeopardize by acting the fool.

Fark actually had zero right to consider anyone anything.  That's the crux of the argument, not how DBDC responded.  We messaged Fark the day he was hit to ask for peace.  Not in a dickish way, but in a diplomatic way, and they said TDO would have to sign off on it.  TDO did, but they wanted universal peace with all AA's and we knew that wasn't possible.  At the time, we considered IC and lebubu to be full members of DBDC, not refugees.  We tried to make it clear that if the wars on them were to continue, we would seek appropriate action.  I have logs of all of this, Fark knew exactly what they were doing, and knew that they had no super tier to jeopardize by acting the fool.

just because negotiations didn't go your way you unilaterally considered two nations at war full members of your AA. That's how wars start, so congratulations on starting one.

Anyways this is obviously pointless, lets just beat up on each other some more and see what happens ;)

I for one am glad DBDC is finally giving in to cultural norms and announcing their existence. About damned time.

If your alliance and Fark and TPF, etc. consider DBDC to be nothing more than a high end pirate haven, therefore a collection of rogues, have at it and have fun.  Hell bring in more friends if you want and spread the hurt you're going to suffer around a bit.

If you consider DBDC to be a legitimate alliance that is engaging in wars against other alliances, then stop arguing here with people who have every reason to deny they are engaged in alliance warfare, start up a coalition channel, and plan a much larger war to include DBDC and its allies.

It's simple, really.

Spread the hurt? More like spread the fun, amirite?

Your request for peace was turned down, in a diplomatic way. TDO did not ask us to let those nations go, and thus they remained at war. As we told you, any nation at war with us initially from the MQ aa is welcome to seek peace for themselves. You are, of course, welcome to sell off some of that sweet sweet infra so you can attack our nations over this diplomatic breakdown.

Your request for peace was turned down, in a diplomatic way. TDO did not ask us to let those nations go, and thus they remained at war. As we told you, any nation at war with us initially from the MQ aa is welcome to seek peace for themselves. You are, of course, welcome to sell off some of that sweet sweet infra so you can attack our nations over this diplomatic breakdown.

He could literally sell all 13k of his infra and still be out of range.  Much like your attacks on our nations, it'd be like sponges vs nukes.  My question is why did you pursue our nations and then later turn down peace anyway if your only intention is to raid MQ.

Am I missing something?

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/118500-a-call-to-jihad/ was a declaration of war by a group who didn't want to be regarded as an alliance?

Now you want to shelter/cover them after they had their fun and are running for the hills after things went wrong?

Does that make you as naughty as them?

Am I missing something?

Outside a brain?

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/118500-a-call-to-jihad/ was a declaration of war by a group who didn't want to be regarded as an alliance?
Now you want to shelter/cover them after they had their fun and are running for the hills after things went wrong?
Does that make you as naughty as them?

I don't recall MQ saying wasn't an alliance.

dauphin-libre.jpg

I hate to break it to you, but people who disagree with me have been calling me angry since 2007.

Maybe you should see a therapist about the anger issues then  :v: