Since this is apparently necessary:

dbdc_zps02e7f96c.jpg

The Greens:

The DOOMBIRD DOOMCAVE (DBDC) was officially launched on Jan 19 2013.  Its current leadership is CubaQuerida, Tayloj, and TBRaiders.

DBDC has neither disbanded nor ceased to exist in any time since then.  We are a legitimate alliance with communication channels, leadership, a foreign policy, and treaties/protectorates.  DBDC is by definition a raiding alliance and formal declarations of war are not required before a DBDC nation may declare offensive wars.  The result of those wars may be interpreted in any way; however, DBDC will retain its sovereignty regardless of the responses of other alliances to such a declaration.  DBDC reserves the right to revoke membership if a nation acts in a way that is not in accordance with DBDC's general ideals.

The Meat and Potatoes:

Members in DBDC are considered members in good standing provided they are not in any offensive wars at the time of their application.  DBDC reserves the right to admit those nations and attempt to negotiate a peaceful settlement on their behalf, but is not obligated to take military action against the declaring nations.

Once a nation is admitted into DBDC, they are considered a formal member of this Alliance and DBDC will defend every attack on that nation as if it were an attack on the entirety of DBDC. An attack on a DBDC nation will be investigated by the leadership and may be considered an act of war resulting in collateral damage to the offending alliance responsible for the attack.

Members of DBDC may leave the Alliance to return to other Alliances that require their services, but will always be welcome back into the ranks of DBDC.

The Dessert:

To all of the alliances currently attacking DBDC nations and nations that are aiding DBDC, please know that DBDC is not a peaceful alliance and will never be one.  Other than the alliances against whom we have declared war or recognized a state of hostilities, the remainder of these attacks are being investigated to determine if they are rogue actions or government-sponsored attacks.  If it is determined to be government-sponsored attacks against our alliance, we will recognize a state of war with that alliance or respond in kind against the nations in range of our members.

DBDC protects its tech sellers.  Attacks made upon nations solely for the sending of aid to DBDC nations will not be tolerated.  Alliances of particular interest to DBDC currently include the Doom Squad (DS) and the Mushroom Kingdom (MK).  An attack on those nations is seen as a direct threat to DBDC and may be met with force.

The Check:

DBDC declared war on The Democratic Alliance (TDO) in a joint effort with Mushqaeda (MQ), but does not and has not ever supported a “Jihad on Neutrality”.  DBDC recognized a state of war with Green Old Party (GOP) after they presented themselves as willful combatants in the war between DBDC/MQ and TDO.  DBDC also recognizes a state of hostilities with every individual nation currently attacking any DBDC member.

We invite the leaders of alliances currently warring with a DBDC member to query us on IRC to discuss the status/resolution of those wars.

Edited by CubaQuerida

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was only neutrals that cared about their infra :D

The word infra is not mentioned once in that statement, you're basing that off a statement by Unk Smurf, which is an error.  We are just stating our legitimacy and letting other AA's know that if you try to classify DBDC as a rogue alliance, or our members as rogues, we will come after you.

We are big time infra huggers

Sarcasm doesn't come across well, but he's totally right  <--sarcasm.

I knew it. I kept telling l0c0 that if he surrendered to me that I wouldnt take any more. Alas, he figured my free tech was a fair compromise. Anyways...I know that DBDC is saying that as long as you dont have an offensive war that makes a nation untouchable, however, many people may feel that unless that nation has actually been peaced out from those he was attacking he is still fair game. What is the policy on this (and yes it is a real question. remember I am a neutral so I am practicing my politics)?

The word infra is not mentioned once in that statement, you're basing that off a statement by Unk Smurf, which is an error.  We are just stating our legitimacy and letting other AA's know that if you try to classify DBDC as a rogue alliance, or our members as rogues, we will come after you.

Sarcasm doesn't come across well, but he's totally right  <--sarcasm.

Actually Unk Smurf didnt mention infra either, it was Londo :D And yes I know it was sarcasm and that you guys are worried about infra as much as I am. Just wanted to get the jab in while I can. Not like I can do much else.

What is the policy on this (and yes it is a real question. remember I am a neutral so I am practicing my politics)?

The policy is the same as it has always been, you check with the sovereign alliance first, exactly like every other AA.  If DBDC says he's a rogue, then he's fair game, if DBDC says he's not, you can try to hit him anyway, and face the retaliation from DBDC and affiliates.

The only rogues I see are the nations declaring wars on established alliances, such as DBDC and MQ, without a DoW.  You and others can call them rogues, but we disagree and additional discourse will not change our stance on that position.  We can agree to disagree, but we will choose to do so with more than words alone.  

is this coz MQ rogues are running to you for protection and you have no grounds to protect them without being an actual AA

DBDC doesn't support the Jihad that MQ declared, but if any nation comes to DBDC and wants freedom, we should be able to provide it.  We are also of the strongest belief that just because someone makes a decision in a back channel to declare someone a "rogue", that's doesn't automatically let every AA you want tee off on them.  There is no master list of rogues that we know of, and other than the AA's currently at war, everyone could potentially be considered a rogue.  It's a double-edged sword.

DBDC just happens to be really good with a blade.

DBDC doesn't support the Jihad that MQ declared, but if any nation comes to DBDC and wants freedom, we should be able to provide it.  We are also of the strongest belief that just because someone makes a decision in a back channel to declare someone a "rogue", that's doesn't automatically let every AA you want tee off on them.  There is no master list of rogues that we know of, and other than the AA's currently at war, everyone could potentially be considered a rogue.  It's a double-edged sword.

DBDC just happens to be really good with a blade.

Why do you guys always have to be so good with epigrams? You're like the Oscar Wilde of alliances.

I'm sorry, you seem to have accepted raid targets that nuked back. As per standard GOONS policy, now adopted by most alliances, any raid target that nukes back is an EoE (E=Everyone currently raiding Mq/ex-Mq)

Until such a time as we receive ridiculous reps or they post a humiliating entry on our mercy boards (under construction) they are not available to be accepted by your fine alliance.

I am sure you see the logic in this as many of your nations have helped enforce this policy for years and should have no problem allowing us to continue our wars until our above policy requirements have been met.

Thank you for your time, and might I just add a few minutes of work checking your applicants war page could save you a lot of grief.

Respectfully,

Sardon- I mean Berbers