Heh, everyone involved in this is dirty. MQ/DBDC for hitting TDO. GOP/R&R/TPF/NATO/Fark/whoever the fuck else, for hitting without any treaties to TDO. So, basically everyone involved has gone against convention. Those in the neutral coalition bitching about members of MQ being accepted into DBDC and not getting civil discourse can honestly fuck off. I would hope that should MI6 get any member of MQ or DBDC, we would tell the rest of y'all to fuck off and leave them alone immediately as well. 

You don't get to cherry pick how you enter what is basically techraiding on all sides (except for TDO, the only legit victim here) and then claim some list. Fuck off. That is simply ridiculous and quite presumptuous in my opinion.

Right on the money. This is it precisely.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I granted him peace myself on the condition he cooperate with the negotiations. He gladly accepted peace from the Lannisters after begging and kissing my a-- and whining to Ubuntu about how horrible three weeks of war are.

Then as soon as he was 90% of the way there he pulled a 180 and threatened to bring the "wrath" of NSO down. Then worse, your own government leader acted as much a punk as Rey. NSO contacted me in the first place about Rey getting peace. There is nothing I like less than lulzy punks.

Have fun with the traitor of LPH, and the whining rogue of Mushqaeda.

Lmao this post could not have possibly been more incorrect, and it represents the general lunacy of those detracting from DBDC's right to declare war with their friends and allies while claiming they have the high ground. Edited by Neo Uruk

Why is this place filled with children?  This thread served one purpose - so your allies that you are running to asking for help can tell you to gtfo because you knew what the consequences were going to be.  No whining, no crying, no chest thumping.  We like war, you like war.  This is one round with our upper tier because you won't have anyone in range after the first round (unless the world stays on hold for more than one update).

If you guys don't want to war, then quit hitting our friends off the MQ AA and quit hitting DBDC and we will cease fire with EVERYONE (TDO and GOP included).  This really was supposed to be a 2 week thing and it's spiraled a bit out of control.  TDO doesn't want to peace because they have all this "support".  Pretty soon we are going to not care about peacing TDO or GOP because we will have zero incentive to not keep raiding their nations that climb back into range, unless they agree to peace our friends.  I'm pretty open to even signing a NAP/protection pact with both to help them get back on their feet and as a kicker, will add that anyone who stays on the MQ AA is an open target for anyone after X date if peace could be agreed to.  I'm guessing most of those aren't doing much anyway.  I (asked) made one collect just to keep my TC active until I can reorganize after this war.

We've tried diplomacy and it somehow turns into us begging for peace and listening to folks who have no upper tier or who hide their upper tier puffing out their chest.  If somebody reasonable or in charge wants to hit me up on IRC I am all ears.

This really was supposed to be a 2 week thing and it's spiraled a bit out of control.

I think you're going to be tied up for more than a couple weeks.

I don't doubt you don't mind war yourselves, but my guess is some of your old friends who are about to get shafted are hoping you can come back to help out with this impending "war" that everyone is talking about. Instead of getting picked off while you're alone. Oops. "Sloppy" doesn't even begin to describe things.

The nations currently/previously on the Mq AA have become accustomed to dictating their own terms. They believed that they could attack TDO for a round or two and then be free to move on to future endeavors. Along with some likeminded individuals, we felt that to be unacceptable. We believe that actions should have consequences, and that in order to deter future incidents similar to this one, it was necessary to bring these criminals to justice.

We remain committed to finishing the task we started. To those unsure on our position on this matter, we consider these nations to be our enemies until such a time as we say otherwise. These nations must individually seek peace, and we will not recognize any third party attempting to negotiate on their behalf. They will find that we will do our absolute best to be accomodating and allow them to move on to new endeavors, however we refuse to tolerate the notion that they should be able to exit this fight without facing the consequences of their actions.

The nations currently/previously on the Mq AA have become accustomed to dictating their own terms. They believed that they could attack TDO for a round or two and then be free to move on to future endeavors. Along with some likeminded individuals, we felt that to be unacceptable. We believe that actions should have consequences, and that in order to deter future incidents similar to this one, it was necessary to bring these criminals to justice.

We remain committed to finishing the task we started. To those unsure on our position on this matter, we consider these nations to be our enemies until such a time as we say otherwise. These nations must individually seek peace, and we will not recognize any third party attempting to negotiate on their behalf. They will find that we will do our absolute best to be accomodating and allow them to move on to new endeavors, however we refuse to tolerate the notion that they should be able to exit this fight without facing the consequences of their actions.

Some pages ago TPF just raided them innocently, now you are saying another story.

We were raiding MQ. I was the first to attack any of them besides TDO defending themselves.

Now you say that you are playing moral police? If attacking TDO bothered you so much then TPF should have declared war on MQ formally and be done. Instead you "raided" them and when they fought back you started chasing them. I come from Planet Raider, but if my raid target nuke i fight for a week then let them go. And how can you play moral police if you chasing down raid targets who dared to fight back.
(Not mentioning that your charter says that you can raid alliances with 10 or less members http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Fifth_Charter_of_The_Phoenix_Federation , but i guess it's your business, however it has funny parts: "If the nation being raided fights back, TPF will not assist member nations militarily or financially," " If a nation belonging to an alliance of more than 10 members is assaulted, without prior approval of the Evil Overlord, reparations to the effect of 120% or higher shall be allotted to the victim, along with an immediate peace."

Attacking MQ has nothing to do with TDO, said by RnR and i can just agree Then why do you try to wage some propaganda war here? 

I lol'd at people thinking that anyone outside of TTE/GOP entered this war for any reason resembling "moralism" or "the defense of TDO."

Shows how much you really know.

Hating an alliance and hitting them isn't a crime, but trying to look like an innocent white knight while you are doing this isn't respectable.

I don't know how you gleamed out of what I wrote anything about moralism.

I don't know any better, so I wonder how good you are at reading. What I actually said is that we feel that their actions should have consequences. I don't think it's a big secret that we aren't terribly big fans of theirs. At the beginning we were mostly just raiding them, attacking and offering peace, but we dropped the pretense some time ago as we sought to continue keeping them at war and quit offering peace and started working to keep them staggered/following them as they attempted to flee.

Furthermore, I assure you that it had nothing to do with propaganda, I was simply attempting to be so polite as to lay out what our aims are and what ends we seek.

Edited by memoryproblems

Are people who've supported the E.o.G list for years really complaining this much about us requiring people to seek peace and to not just hop to another AA mid-war and walk away clean? How many hundreds of millions of dongs did you help GOONS collect in situations like this? You're just a group that got used to having all the weight in the world on your side and always think you can do whatever you wish and walk away whenever you choose. 

I think you're going to be tied up for more than a couple weeks.

I don't doubt you don't mind war yourselves, but my guess is some of your old friends who are about to get shafted are hoping you can come back to help out with this impending "war" that everyone is talking about. Instead of getting picked off while you're alone. Oops. "Sloppy" doesn't even begin to describe things.

DBDC has the strength and coordination to effectively take out most nations in their 200k+ range. I think you'll see that any alliances with a tier of similar stature are not going to do anything.

Are people who've supported the E.o.G list for years really complaining this much about us requiring people to seek peace and to not just hop to another AA mid-war and walk away clean? How many hundreds of millions of dongs did you help GOONS collect in situations like this? You're just a group that got used to having all the weight in the world on your side and always think you can do whatever you wish and walk away whenever you choose.

There is a stark difference between attacking GOONS and GOONS making you pay and TPF hitting you and making you jump through hoops to get peace.

The nations currently/previously on the Mq AA have become accustomed to dictating their own terms. They believed that they could attack TDO for a round or two and then be free to move on to future endeavors. Along with some likeminded individuals, we felt that to be unacceptable. [b]We believe that actions should have consequences, and that in order to deter future incidents similar to this one, it was necessary to bring these criminals to justice.[/b]

All actions have consequences, remember that when it comes back to TPF. 

I don't know how you gleamed out of what I wrote anything about moralism.

I don't know any better, so I wonder how good you are at reading. What I actually said is that we feel that their actions should have consequences. I don't think it's a big secret that we aren't terribly big fans of theirs. At the beginning we were mostly just raiding them, attacking and offering peace, but [b]we dropped the pretense some time ago as we sought to continue keeping them at war and quit offering peace and started working to keep them staggered/following them as they attempted to flee.[/b]

Furthermore, I assure you that it had nothing to do with propaganda, I was simply attempting to be so polite as to lay out what our aims are and what ends we seek.

Read the bolded in the first quote. Not hard to see the moralist in that post. 

Which is amusing, as now you are claiming TPF is basically attempting indefinite war. You really should just shut up as you do TPF no favors every time you open your mouth. You keep trying to write something "oh so clever and cute" and end up coming off as an idiot. 

Coming from an alliance who propped up NPO when they had EZi and what not, you really should not talk about others. Every alliance in CN essentially has stained hands. Even the new ones typically have older members who were in alliances that did stuff. Can we please stop bringing up the past. Frankly, MK is gone. Just because you hate MK, you get to punish them forever? Wow. I honestly and desperately want several members of MQ to join MI6 and I truly hope we would tell insufferable twits like you to just fuck off and immediately cease your wars. 

From the alliance who supported EZi for years, supported Slayer99 in his hellbent hard-on for NoR, and supported other atrocities... Seriously... Shut the fuck up about past wrongs. TPF has plenty. Does that mean if other alliances were to just randomly hit TPF, they can keep your entire alliance and all its members in perma-war until they are sated? I remember y'all bitching, crying, and whining when you thought that would happen in Karma. But ya know, Golden rule and do unto others and all that jazz.

My concern is that the wrongdoers will not be provided a real pathway to peace. They can arrange settlement with TDO, but that is evidently insufficient to placate the list of alliances stepping in not to defend TDO, but to get a chance to be haughty to those who were in the past haughty to them. A nation could seek terms from one group, only to suddenly have to seek terms from others when they step in to fill the gap. That is marvelously petty. The individualized peace with each alliance approach also presents ample opportunity for double recovery (or triple or more) against the wrongdoer.

This entire affair is an exercise in short-sightedness by the extremist forces and base revenge by the interloper expeditions. With the sole exception of The Democratic Order, who is simply defending itself, everybody involved in this looks like a damn fool. Edited by Ardus

When the initial raids occurred, I'm sure that on an individual member level, revenge was a motivator for some to a degree that varies with each individual, I think we can all understand raiding someone on their way out for personal reasons. MQ understandably chose to stop letting themselves be raided and raids became wars.

TPF is not in this for revenge or reps. We've been around long enough to know that both are poor, even if fun, reasons for military action. On an individual level, perhaps it is for some, but me the past is a sunk cost. There's an end here that doesn't involve ZI, or ZT or anything of the sort. However, I'm not going to tell our plan anymore than any other alliance would tell their plan. All I'm going to say is that it isn't perma or zero anything.

TPF is not in this for revenge or reps. We've been around long enough to know that both are poor, even if fun, reasons for military action. On an individual level, perhaps it is for some, but me the past is a sunk cost. There's an end here that doesn't involve ZI, or ZT or anything of the sort. However, I'm not going to tell our plan anymore than any other alliance would tell their plan. All I'm going to say is that it isn't perma or zero anything.

The end, to use Doc's term, isn't till your sated then. Simple bloodlust. Since neither revenge nor reps are the intention. Edited by Rayvon

There is a stark difference between attacking GOONS and GOONS making you pay and TPF hitting you and making you jump through hoops to get peace.

Could you please elaborate on the hoops? TPF and NATO just peaced out with an ex-Mq nation who wanted to join GOONS after a few minutes of civil conversation...

Could you please elaborate on the hoops? TPF and NATO just peaced out with an ex-Mq nation who wanted to join GOONS after a few minutes of civil conversation...

Considering NATO just told a nation applying to DS that they weren't getting peace anytime soon, I imagine those are the hoops. 

When the initial raids occurred, I'm sure that on an individual member level, revenge was a motivator for some to a degree that varies with each individual, I think we can all understand raiding someone on their way out for personal reasons. MQ understandably chose to stop letting themselves be raided and raids became wars.

So what is the reason? From what I can tell, your membership seeks revenge. You state otherwise. You claim that there is some way out but refuse to share it. That is simply idiocy and not the way to conduct affairs even if you claim the people you are fighting are rogues. TPF talked of the E.o.G. but regardless of how you feel about it, the E.o.G. at least gave a clear path towards peace. You do not. 

By not giving a clear path for peace, one must simply assume there is no path and it is made up for each nation. I would say those hoops are worse than the E.o.G. and anyone who knows me, knows I think the E.o.G. is pure shit.