Greatest Ruler Rivalries

Malik Shabazz

In GPA, perhaps; the stories of infighting there, at least from the past, are well known. It's certainly not true of TOP, as we have not had any sort of intra-alliance rivalry in six years (and that one was resolved quickly).

Same thing for Polaris... we never had "ruler rivalries" inside the Alliance.

We even had something that is very close to a coup (when Sponge was removed as the Emperor)... but it was a strange coup, because he was away with no internet connection... and a war was mostly coming to Polaris. He wasn't replaced by rivals, nor there was exactly any kind of "internal conspiracy" to remove him.

I've seen people getting angry with some decisions over the years... but we never really had internal struggles.

I still think the most important ruler rivalry that CN ever had was Sponge vs. Moo.

It was also the rivalry that became most influential for the whole of CN.

Some people said "Grub vs. Crymson"... that's silly. Yes, they hated each other probably, but TOP and Polaris are allies nowadays.

Whilst it would be very hard for me to imagine the NPO and the NpO signing anything... and that's very related to the legacy that Moo and Sponge left (I also consider the two of them to be the two most influential politicians, and players, the CN ever had... and there's a huge gap between the two of them and the "third most influential politician").

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that Doitzel or Schattenmann was/are anything like that, Crymson. Quite evidently attention and/or significance have always been a tool for them, certainly not an objective (let alone an "obsession"). Did you just word it not very well, maybe?

Peggy_Sue vs. Everyone

This one wins. Thank you. 

I hate Chax and Sardonic but neither of them knows who I am. 

We both know who you are, and it pains me that you hate me. You've always got a place in my heart. 

Me vs English

You've been getting a lot better as time has gone on tbh. 

Doitzel was (like you) an inveterate attention whore, obsessed with obtaining and maintaining significance. And outside of a very small group, nobody liked Zhadum, not even his peers in NPO.

How terrible for you, then, that Doitzel accomplished more in one night of defying NPO than you did in 2 years of unwavering devotion.

Contender for Worst Leader Ever. That UPN survived her is a testament to their resiliance.

Or their inactivity.

I've always been a fan of Crymson and Schatt's verbal duels. Unfortunately they've became extremely predictable since inception with Crymson saying, "You're an attention whore." and Schatt saying, "You destroyed TOP." but maybe with some more topics they can reclaim their former glory. After all, variety is the spice of life.

Doitzel was (like you) an inveterate attention whore, obsessed with obtaining and maintaining significance. And outside of a very small group, nobody liked Zhadum, not even his peers in NPO.

Doitzel hasn't done much in a long-time, and even back in his prime he didn't do much lifting. Despite that if he were to pop back up he'd still have more pull than you, little man. Where most people probably do not remember who you are, Doitzel's name lives on.

How terrible for you, then, that Doitzel accomplished more in one night of defying NPO than you did in 2 years of unwavering devotion.

I think you're giving Doitzel too much credit. Karma probably wouldn't have happened without TOP's help.

Contender for Worst Leader Ever. That UPN survived her is a testament to their resiliance.

She might have broken everything she touched. Fortunately for the alliances she was a part of, she wasn't competent enough to brake them irreparably. 

She might have broken everything she touched. Fortunately for the alliances she was a part of, she wasn't competent enough to brake them irreparably.

For all the shit she takes (and I know some of it is deserved), her re-roll really did quite well for us and our Econ for a short time while hiding in our ranks.

Among nation rulers, there can be no greater rivalry than the one between Ivanelterrible and Chris Kaos. It was a beautiful moment in history to watch; one man, not just fighting the best GATO could throw at them, but winning, with Chris Kaos ending up deleted and shamed. It was almost enough for me to believe that justice could exist in the Cyberverse.

Almost.

Edit: Doitzel was a good friend, a good leader, and a fine schemer. Who are you?

Edited by Margrave