Greatest Ruler Rivalries

Malik Shabazz

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there were more people like us, things would be a little more entertaining, and much less consistent and predictable. Whether that is good, or bad, who knows.

It just takes people willing to play this as a game and (gasp) not a hugglefest.

If there were more people like us, things would be a little more entertaining, and much less consistent and predictable. Whether that is good, or bad, who knows.

I really do miss the days of strong personalities, like Sponge, PC, Chris Kaos, Ivan, and so many others. It is a bit of a letdown at times seeing how many of them are gone, and the few that are left are quite inactive. Hell, those who say the mechanics of this game were never that great are not incorrect, but in spite of it all it was somewhat entertaining back in the day.

It is what you make of it.  The more effort you personally put into it the more opportunity there is for reward.  It does help of course to be ''somebody'' and not just a passenger.  That has not changed from the beginning until today, there are just less people willing to stand for something other than cheap jokes and nonsense.

Political simulators based on penis jokes are not going to endure.

It is what you make of it.  The more effort you personally put into it the more opportunity there is for reward.  It does help of course to be ''somebody'' and not just a passenger.  That has not changed from the beginning until today, there are just less people willing to stand for something other than cheap jokes and nonsense.

Political simulators based on penis jokes are not going to endure.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I agree with you completely. This is exactly what I used to preach back in the day. Still, they didn't listen then and they won't listen now, and they'll continue to complain about being bored.

You do get out of it what you put in. The level of work I put in wasn't always strictly fun in and of itself, but the entertainment value is really in the results more than in the effort put in to achieve them, whether that was a political move, a successfully coordinated military coalition, an internal economic program or whatever.

CN has occasionally been tedious for me, but I've never been bored by it. Even in the slowest of times, there is much too much to do for that, except in the case of those who derive their entertainment from watching other people play instead of doing it themselves.

Edited by Delta1212