GOONS Treaty Announcement

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If things turn out in such a way where I end up needing to fight on the same side as NG next war, as long as that side is different from the GOONs side I'll be happy. Congrats to NG on getting rid of their GOONs connection.

Edited by Methrage

If things turn out in such a way where I end up needing to fight on the same side as NG next war, as long as that side is different from the GOONs side I'll be happy. Congrats to NG on getting rid of their GOONs connection.

We lose GOONS and acquire Methrage. I not accept :((  GOONS

Expected/10, they did the same thing to CSN before grudge.

I don't think you can compare the two situations really, that was a relationship built on the relations of two people with each other, and CSN was clearly the outlier in their FA grouping.They decided the relationship didn't warrant it, and CSN/SF had been acting against GOONS' wishes in the months leading up to it, so it made total sense to drop that treaty, be it on the eve of war or whatever. CSN was going one way, GOONS the other, no one should fault that cancellation.

In this case, there isn't that dramatic divergence in the direction NG and GOONS are taking, and it was only an ODP, so regardless of what you think about GOONS' treaty cancellation of CSN, this situation can't be considered the "same thing", as I doubt this marks the end of the NG/GOONS working relationship.

I don't think you can compare the two situations really, that was a relationship built on the relations of two people with each other, and CSN was clearly the outlier in their FA grouping.They decided the relationship didn't warrant it, and CSN/SF had been acting against GOONS' wishes in the months leading up to it, so it made total sense to drop that treaty, be it on the eve of war or whatever. CSN was going one way, GOONS the other, no one should fault that cancellation.

In this case, there isn't that dramatic divergence in the direction NG and GOONS are taking, and it was only an ODP, so regardless of what you think about GOONS' treaty cancellation of CSN, this situation can't be considered the "same thing", as I doubt this marks the end of the NG/GOONS working relationship.

Being quite honest NG & GOONS had been moving apart for the last year. By the time I left NG there didn't have the same active chatter on each others forums or in private channels as there was with other allies (even though tbqh all forums are pretty quiet nowadays). I'm amazed it lasted as long as it did. Edited by Stewie

Expected/10, they did the same thing to CSN before grudge.

Indeed, although it's been going on since they first entered the world with a protectorate with NPO on the eve of Karma. Then there was Polar. Next was CSN. Then promising help to BFF and Invicta that one time and backing out. It's been a running theme since their founding really.

Anyway, it's always nice to see shake ups and I'm enjoying this one. Good luck to everyone moving forward.

Indeed, although it's been going on since they first entered the world with a protectorate with NPO on the eve of Karma. Then there was Polar. Next was CSN. Then promising help to BFF and Invicta that one time and backing out. It's been a running theme since their founding really.

Anyway, it's always nice to see shake ups and I'm enjoying this one. Good luck to everyone moving forward.

How can you criticize an alliance for choosing a new FA direction when that's literally exactly what Argent (your alliance) did in the run-up to the last war?

How can you criticize an alliance for choosing a new FA direction when that's literally exactly what Argent (your alliance) did in the run-up to the last war?

Did you even read what I posted Bob, or did you just want to try and drag me into a discussion about Argent foreign policy in an unrelated thread? I stated objective facts that anyone can find by visiting the wiki. Anyone can interpret those facts in whichever manner they wish. I chose a "hooray for chaos" interpretation.

Are you contesting GOONS history?

There was a pro-DR and specifically pro-IRON policy in Argent since the very beginning of the alliance. Our foreign policy did not change only the actors on which we pursued it with. No response will be given to this question in this thread past that, but I'm on irc every night now so you're welcome to speak to me. Edited by Omniscient1

I do find this topic very humorous with all of the banter about "how this changes things" or "oh man, things are going down" type talk. As Azaghul just noted, this was just an ODP, and I personally, find it very difficult to believe this cancellation means anything of the sort. 

Either way, best of luck to GOONS and my friends in NG moving forward. 

Has there even been an optional treaty canceled for no reason?

Non Grata has come to terms on the release of NG Ally Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism as of Wednesday, August 28th 2013. We wish GOONS the best in all future endeavours.

Well played Heartbreak Kid.