GOONS Treaty Announcement

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't contest my facts so you call me names. GG folks this debate is over.

Quite simply there were many factors that contributed to our decision. Many of them aren't any of your business and your ignorance of the events prior to and during the war is not something I can fault you for since these matters were largely handled in private. Where they will remain. I'm sure someday you'll be privy to all the information but for now you're certainly welcome to hurl accusations that anybody with their ear to the ground will know is garbage.

A shame to see... after all the times NG stepped to the plate for you. A damn shame if you ask me.

More of a shame than NG downgrading the treaty before the last war?

Not trying to take any side here but it bears pointing out that this was an ODP, and both parties had a role taking it from a MDoAP to nothing.

ETA: It's pretty ignorant of people to see this as "GOONS abandoning allies to avoid a hard war".  It didn't work that way the other way around when NG downgraded before the last war.  Both now and then, ties remain via MK and TLR.

Edited by Azaghul

Quite simply there were many factors that contributed to our decision. Many of them aren't any of your business and your ignorance of the events prior to and during the war is not something I can fault you for since these matters were largely handled in private. Where they will remain. I'm sure someday you'll be privy to all the information but for now you're certainly welcome to hurl accusations that anybody with their ear to the ground will know is garbage.

This explanation is almost as bad as Rush's pink elephant. I love how a certain treaty signing has opened your eyes to the truth a lot of us have seen for months, but please continue to sit on your high horse and judge others as ignorant as you bail off the bandwagon. 

So, just to be clear, this is isn't an baseless attempt to leave your friend out to to dry purely for political gain? That is isn't what this is, is it? 

This explanation is almost as bad as Rush's pink elephant. I love how a certain treaty signing has opened your eyes to the truth a lot of us have seen for months, but please continue to sit on your high horse and judge others as ignorant as you bail off the bandwagon. 

So, just to be clear, this is isn't an baseless attempt to leave your friend out to to dry purely for political gain? That is isn't what this is, is it?

For reasons already mentioned in this thread by Azaghul, you are incredibly ignorant of the facts and clearly are making up yours as you go along. And short of leaking nearly a year's worth of discussions from GOONS's forums and IRC logs, you will just have to take my word that this decision has been discussed by our HiCom for a long time or you can continue to make a fool of yourself.

I never figured you to be an armchair crusader but it isn't something you want to keep doing.

I do find this topic very humorous with all of the banter about "how this changes things" or "oh man, things are going down" type talk. As Azaghul just noted, this was just an ODP, and I personally, find it very difficult to believe this cancellation means anything of the sort. 

Either way, best of luck to GOONS and my friends in NG moving forward. 

GOONS opportunistic!?! Never!

Edit: I'd love to be in The Castle Hall right about now just to see how awkward it is. I bet it's either eerily quiet or a barrel of laughs. Unless of course this is all a divide and conquer plan passed down from Allaharchon PBUH.

Actually there was something that happened a few weeks ago with GOONS whom were in the right and they chose to be diplomatic.  On another note this sucks to see especially since I :wub: GONOS

For reasons already mentioned in this thread by Azaghul, you are incredibly ignorant of the facts and clearly are making up yours as you go along. And short of leaking nearly a year's worth of discussions from GOONS's forums and IRC logs, you will just have to take my word that this decision has been discussed by our HiCom for a long time or you can continue to make a fool of yourself.

I never figured you to be an armchair crusader but it isn't something you want to keep doing.

I know those reasons didn't stop NG from defending you.

edit- but you're right, I really don't feel like crusading. Though I did have to get that off my chest.

Edited by Dcrews

Considering they could have chosen to keep the ODP and simply not activate it when war kicks off (that's the thing with optional treaties being optional), I'd say it's fairly clear that there was more to this cancellation than simply that.

For instance, Umbrella and MHA have found themselves on opposite sides of the past three wars and that ODP between us still stands.

Regardless, the idea that GOONS really owed NG anything is pretty silly.  Last war is not a good argument since they would have been brought in via the TLR treaty (which is not optional) anyway and on the same exact opponent at that.  Couple that with what I've been told by Marx over the past year or so regarding the GOONS-NG relationship and I'm surprised that the cancellation didn't happen sooner.

Edited by LegendoftheSkies

For the record we've been drifting apart for some time, so this really was for the best I think.  Not sure if it even warranted making a topic, lol.  Clearly GOONS want a change in their FA direction and that is their sole right.  GOONS have allies who they would prefer to ride with and I totally understand that.

I wish the best of luck to you, may you continue to wreck and raid everything in your path!

For the record we've been drifting apart for some time, so this really was for the best I think.  Not sure if it even warranted making a topic, lol.  Clearly GOONS want a change in their FA direction and that is their sole right.  GOONS have allies who they would prefer to ride with and I totally understand that.

I wish the best of luck to you, may you continue to wreck and raid everything in your path!

I'm sure they also wanted to send a message.

And I bet people were expecting a GOONS-NPL MDAP.

Always tough to make the difficult calls, GOONS.  You have my respect for have the spunk to do what you think needs being done.

Your blowing the OPSEC you fool!!!

...anyway.... good luck. It's been a busy political cycle, these things happen.

More of a shame than NG downgrading the treaty before the last war?

Not trying to take any side here but it bears pointing out that this was an ODP, and both parties had a role taking it from a MDoAP to nothing.

ETA: It's pretty ignorant of people to see this as "GOONS abandoning allies to avoid a hard war".  It didn't work that way the other way around when NG downgraded before the last war.  Both now and then, ties remain via MK and TLR.

Although the treaty was downgraded, NG made it clear they would go in for GOONS if attacked.