GOONS Treaty Announcement

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you even read what I posted Bob, or did you just want to try and drag me into a discussion about Argent foreign policy in an unrelated thread? I stated objective facts that anyone can find by visiting the wiki. Anyone can interpret those facts in whichever manner they wish. I chose a "hooray for chaos" interpretation.

Are you contesting GOONS history?

There was a pro-DR and specifically pro-IRON policy in Argent since the very beginning of the alliance. Our foreign policy did not change only the actors on which we pursued it with. No response will be given to this question in this thread past that, but I'm on irc every night now so you're welcome to speak to me.

Meh, it wasn't an attempt to single out Argent in any way, I only mentioned them specifically because you're a member there. Dozens of alliances have shifted in their FA paths over the years, made friends and then turned away from them and towards their former enemies. Argent did it, TOP has done it, etc etc. So what I'm trying to say is that GOONS shouldn't be shit on for something that many other alliances have done in the past, as though they're a special case or something. Ya dig?

May I join you in the shower? I need to top up my radiant glow so that I am ready for the big match!

The glow you need isn't from a shower. :wacko:

Edited by Vukland

Meh, it wasn't an attempt to single out Argent in any way, I only mentioned them specifically because you're a member there. Dozens of alliances have shifted in their FA paths over the years, made friends and then turned away from them and towards their former enemies. Argent did it, TOP has done it, etc etc. So what I'm trying to say is that GOONS shouldn't be shit on for something that many other alliances have done in the past, as though they're a special case or something. Ya dig?

Except GOONS has done it with greater consistency than anyone else. (considering time alive etc). Please continue your cheerleading of GOONS though. I think you look good in skirt.

Except GOONS has done it with greater consistency than anyone else. (considering time alive etc). Please continue your cheerleading of GOONS though. I think you look good in skirt.

That's a lot of words (and a wrong interpretation) for a "no response".

I guess it just comes down to your interpretation of GOONS' actions, past and present. Personally, I don't have a problem- I've done a similar movement in the past with RoK and would not hesitate to do so again if it meant improving my alliance's position. But if, for whatever reason that kind of thing repels you, then go for it. Be repelled. All I'm really asking for is a little consistency... but then again, the only consistent thing about this world is how inconsistent people's opinions are.

On a last note, as good as I look in a skirt, I look even better out of one... ;)

I suppose I will chime in here.

We still respect our allies in NG. This has nothing to do with them personally at all. Over the past two years relations have petty much dried up. NG FA also has moved in a direction that our membership decided we would rather not pursue. With that in mind we looked at their decision to downgrade our treaty to an ODP and decided to just go ahead and activate the cancellation clause before a big conflict decides to rear its head and give them the time and opportunity to strengthen other treaties they may try to pursue. Snipping this last thread is a good move for both our alliances as it allows us the freedom to move easier in FA with fewer conflicts of interest.

We are still happily connected to them through other strong allies and treaties, but we figured we would do our part to help clean up the treaty web.

More alliances should do the same so we could get this web back into something that is semi reasonable.

I guess it just comes down to your interpretation of GOONS' actions, past and present. Personally, I don't have a problem- I've done a similar movement in the past with RoK and would not hesitate to do so again if it meant improving my alliance's position. But if, for whatever reason that kind of thing repels you, then go for it. Be repelled. All I'm really asking for is a little consistency... but then again, the only consistent thing about this world is how inconsistent people's opinions are.

On a last note, as good as I look in a skirt, I look even better out of one... ;)

Wow, sexy!

I smell a rat, and some cheese.

Good luck GOONs.

Congrats NG.

Good to see TIO covering both bases :|

When I first heard about this, I assumed NG had cancelled on GOONS. It is curious to see how perceptions regarding the balance of power have changed so quickly, largely on the basis of one treaty.

I suppose I will chime in here.

We still respect our allies in NG. This has nothing to do with them personally at all. Over the past two years relations have petty much dried up. NG FA also has moved in a direction that our membership decided we would rather not pursue. With that in mind we looked at their decision to downgrade our treaty to an ODP and decided to just go ahead and activate the cancellation clause before a big conflict decides to rear its head and give them the time and opportunity to strengthen other treaties they may try to pursue. Snipping this last thread is a good move for both our alliances as it allows us the freedom to move easier in FA with fewer conflicts of interest.

We are still happily connected to them through other strong allies and treaties, but we figured we would do our part to help clean up the treaty web.

More alliances should do the same so we could get this web back into something that is semi reasonable.

NG is more than ready for whatever may come and if that's for past mistakes, we'll man up.

What's more telling is that even though we respected your wishes to not annouce the downgrade of our treaty in 2012, you couldn't return the favor here.  Actions speak louder than (bolded) words. ;) But best of wishes nonetheless.

NG is more than ready for whatever may come and if that's for past mistakes, we'll man up.

What's more telling is that even though we respected your wishes to not annouce the downgrade of our treaty in 2012, you couldn't return the favor here.  Actions speak louder than (bolded) words. ;) But best of wishes nonetheless.

A downgrade is quite a different bird from a cancellation, you know that.  Grow up, changes in treaties get announced.

I for one applaud GOONS, as any AA, for cancelling a treaty that was no longer viable without regard to the AAs involved.

This is a shame really. I had high opinions of GOONS, sad to see them squirm out of helping out an ally.

Why should GOONS hold onto a treaty that they have no interest in upholding?  This SocialNations view does ~irreparable damage~ to the scene.  Treaties are political tools, not Valentine's cards, anyone who fails to see that has no business being in the Big Chair.  GOONS has done the right thing and cancelled a treaty they have no intention or desire to uphold, and that it just the way it should be.  But the Skype jackoff crowd can't understand that, no, they think it's more honorable to hold onto a bad treaty, fight for 1 week, and say they've "honored" it--making a laughing stock of themselves and dirtying the word honor in the process. 

Death to outmoded treaties and death to treaties-as-Valentines.

Edited by Schattenmann

GOONS cancelled.

Your point being? I know who cancelled, that doesn't change that NG managed to get rid of a bad connection, even if they didn't need to do anything for it to happen. If SF is trying to align themselves with GOONS and other alliances which have been at the center of the hegemony many have been wanting to get rid of for a while, then they deserve to lose the next conflict and I think many others won't want to be part of whatever coalition they are forming. If they are so willing to include Doom House in their power structure after just one war and extend an olive leaf to them after nothing has changed since so many wanted to dismantle DH from power, then if SF succeeds the victory in the Equilibrium War will lose meaning and we'll be back to where we were not so long ago when people were craving a change from that.

If the SF/DH side winning means a continuation of the stale politics we've been seeing for a long time now, then every alliance who fought against or wanted to see an end to the DH hegemony should do what they can to avoid that from happening. I'm hoping I'm wrong about SF being so eager to align themselves with DH, when they are the main problem. However from what I've seen it seems they are doing just that in hopes having another go at NPO, which is disappointing. I'm sure most alliances haven't forgotten their desire to see Doom House fall from grace, it would be quite pathetic if they're convinced to fight for Doom House alliances to reclaim their mantle so soon by allowing themselves to get played into fighting for something which benefits DH. Undoing all which was accomplished in the Equilibrium War.

What NG has done is minor compared to DH, as their main mistake was their unwavering support of DH for so long.