GOONS Treaty Announcement

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That awkward moment when one wonders if they should tell Methrage SF disbanded...

When they're all allied together, they are still the same sphere of power. I think DH posted a disbandment as well, but for simplicity I'd rather refer to them as DH than list each former member who are still allied.

A downgrade is quite a different bird from a cancellation, you know that.  Grow up, changes in treaties get announced.

I for one applaud GOONS, as any AA, for cancelling a treaty that was no longer viable without regard to the AAs involved.

Wait... so it was ok to not announce the downgrade or it wasn't? Cause a downgrade is a change in the treaty. Just curious.

When they're all allied together, they are still the same sphere of power. I think DH posted a disbandment as well, but for simplicity I'd rather refer to them as DH than list each former member who are still allied.

Technically, there is a difference between a bloc, and a dissolved bloc where the erstwhile alliances from the dissolved bloc are still all allied to each other.

Or in the case of DH, a "not a bloc", that was dissolved. Edited by Helbrecht

Methrage just put ex-SF and the 'technical' police will shut up.

GOONS, I believe you when you say your relationship with NG has been deteroiting for some time now, but your timing is suspecious you have to admit. It does appear now as if you were holding onto the treaty out of practicality, but the shifting tides prompted you to finally take action and cancel. That may or may not be true, but appearance matters a lot. As long as things like this happen, people are going to question it. It will be interesting to see if this happens again. We'll be watching. :)

Good to see TIO covering both bases :|

When I first heard about this, I assumed NG had cancelled on GOONS. It is curious to see how perceptions regarding the balance of power have changed so quickly, largely on the basis of one treaty.

Because it is a crime now for 2 people in an alliance to have different opinions? Don't be silly.

Best of luck to both of you (NG and GOONS.) 

It was an ODP anyways. If they wanted they could have stayed out of a war even while retaining the ODP. I dont see cause for railing on the GOONS in this case.

If you want to get overly "i know what you did" about it, the best case one can come up with would be "you wanted to avoid the callout for not getting involved inspite of your ODPzz!!!!" I dont think GOONS cares much about callouts.

Wait... so it was ok to not announce the downgrade or it wasn't? Cause a downgrade is a change in the treaty. Just curious.

Schatt's trying too hard, showing where his lips lock. I doubt he realizes the double standard he just promoted.

Schatt's trying too hard, showing where his lips lock. I doubt he realizes the double standard he just promoted.

You can only wish I were on the level of you or Rush.  For example, you think I'm playing favorites for GOONS. :psyduck:

It's silly not to announce a downgrade, an upgrade, a signing, or a cancellation, but a cancellation represents a much greater shift in the landscape than a downgrade and it's especially silly to expect someone not to announce it.

You can only wish I were on the level of you or Rush.  For example, you think I'm playing favorites for GOONS. :psyduck:

It's silly not to announce a downgrade, an upgrade, a signing, or a cancellation, but a cancellation represents a much greater shift in the landscape than a downgrade and it's especially silly to expect someone not to announce it.

what about a secret treaty, should those be announced?

I think he's arguing more for the courtesy of respecting the other party's wishes than whether or not it impacts politics.

Well your sig does have a NG symbol being run through by the sword if Justitia, so it's kind of hard to convince people of your impartiality in the situation.

Justitia's scales weigh the value of concepts, I am blind to personalities.

Something about words and actions blah...blah...blah...blah.

But hey GOONS hasn't done anything feather ruffling in a long time, so I wish them good luck. Make the next cancellation the Shroomies.

To think that, I'd have to first believe GOONS were a forerunner. I like GOONS more than most, but I know they're no leaders.

what about a secret treaty, should those be announced?

I love you so much right now.  You made me laugh pretty hard.

Congrats to both of you.  This is just less NS to deal with when NG get's around to "Rolling Polar"

Umm, this is awkward, but that's old new bro.  Didn't you know we already presurrended to the NpO coalition?  We had a Haiku-off and he beat me
soundly.

I love you so much right now.  You made me laugh pretty hard.

Umm, this is awkward, but that's old new bro.  Didn't you know we already presurrended to the NpO coalition?  We had a Haiku-off and he beat me
soundly.

For the record you surrendered to the future coalition of my choice as there is no current coalition entitled the NpO Coalition.  Such coalition could not form until you indeed actually attack us, but I do accept your pre-surrender and will hold such surrender notice for a very rainy day.

Methrage just put ex-SF and the 'technical' police will shut up.

GOONS, I believe you when you say your relationship with NG has been deteroiting for some time now, but your timing is suspecious you have to admit. It does appear now as if you were holding onto the treaty out of practicality, but the shifting tides prompted you to finally take action and cancel. That may or may not be true, but appearance matters a lot. As long as things like this happen, people are going to question it. It will be interesting to see if this happens again. We'll be watching. :)

I don't know, people can only make inferences based on very recent treaty signings and cancellations among which this is one of them. Can you really say that those cancellations happened because a tide was turning, or rather that these announcements are the signal of perhaps a changing landscape?

I don't know, people can only make inferences based on very recent treaty signings and cancellations among which this is one of them. Can you really say that those cancellations happened because a tide was turning, or rather that these announcements are the signal of perhaps a changing landscape?

Is there a reason it couldn't be both? If you're trying to say GOONS is making the change happen rather than just being reactionary to the change, yeah, I don't think so.