Good night, Sweet Prince.

I think a moment should be had to recognize (the latter, in this conversation shall be addressed as a state of a de facto bloc, rather then the now remaining treaty of Doom House between GOONS and MK, for simplicity purposes) Doom House for all that it has done for the game. Outside of our Political views and while they be good and bad, in the end, DH was an enormous centerpiece of a new day Empire that has now faded away in writs of history. While I may not have personally agreed with some of DH methods, I absolutely have the utmost respect for them in the direction they took the game for everyone to follow. They made the game fun, interesting and surely made it a great chapter in CN history. But in the end, all stories have to finish at some point, and now is the time to move on from old stories, and create new ones. 

I, for one, am excited for the opportunity to play a role in shaping the new story, the new future of CN as we move on from old times. I praise Umbrella for ending a tired stagnation that could prevent these new stories from becoming. This was a bold move and however it may end, good or bad, for the separated pieces of DH does not matter. What does matter is new futures could be recognized and sought after, and that should be the underlying lesson from this move. I wish nothing but the best for the former parties of the Doom House Empire as they seek to create their own stories in the world of CN. 

Thank you for the memories, DH.

In the mean time, bring on the Post-EQ world and all of the wonderful opportunities that lie ahead, for all of us. :)

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting stuff. I'm crazy out of the loop and perhaps shouldn't be surprised, I guess, but I am.

Does this really have to do with the MK-VE rift? I never figured it ran that deep... 

Am I way off the mark or does this portend some interesting developments in the days/moths ahead? 

I'd imagine there were a lot of reasons for this, but our relationship with Umb has lasted through three years of DH, and it wasn't in danger if DH had kept going, so people are reading too much in to that.

Peppering an insult with flowery words doesn't make you look any less foolish for trying to prop up a dumb comment.

Flowery words, like "observation", "expected", and "question"?

Come on man, that's elementary. You can do better than that, I hope.

Interesting stuff. I'm crazy out of the loop and perhaps shouldn't be surprised, I guess, but I am.

Does this really have to do with the MK-VE rift? I never figured it ran that deep... 

Am I way off the mark or does this portend some interesting developments in the days/moths ahead? 

You can't ask these questions in public and expect an answer. Somewhere down the line, someone decided keeping everything in backrooms on IRC was much healthier for all involved, and public spats were bad for you. Whoever did this, is quite possibly the most boring person in the world, also.

In regards to the topic at hand, change is always good, and someone else will spring up to fill the leadership vacuum, I hope. Though I doubt too much that this is the end of MK and Umbrella going off experience.

Edited by Starfox101

Your idea? :P

Our idea :p I'm sure the reasons for this cancellation are the same as the ones we brought up back then, the only difference was that we needed MK and vice versa to deal with the opposition when the time came that they finally got their shit together (oh and "our cultures are so similar and we go beyond cn blablabla" but its good to see you finally figured that was all bs, it only took years of passive aggressive posturing for one of us to clock it)

good luck on your third way~

Flowery words, like "observation", "expected", and "question"?

Come on man, that's elementary. You can do better than that, I hope.

The basis of his post was "lol you're a fucking tard" sooo relatively flowery.

I think a moment should be had to recognize (the latter, in this conversation shall be addressed as a state of a de facto bloc, rather then the now remaining treaty of Doom House between GOONS and MK, for simplicity purposes) Doom House for all that it has done for the game. Outside of our Political views and while they be good and bad, in the end, DH was an enormous centerpiece of a new day Empire that has now faded away in writs of history. While I may not have personally agreed with some of DH methods, I absolutely have the utmost respect for them in the direction they took the game for everyone to follow. They made the game fun, interesting and surely made it a great chapter in CN history. But in the end, all stories have to finish at some point, and now is the time to move on from old stories, and create new ones. 

I, for one, am excited for the opportunity to play a role in shaping the new story, the new future of CN as we move on from old times. I praise Umbrella for ending a tired stagnation that could prevent these new stories from becoming. This was a bold move and however it may end, good or bad, for the separated pieces of DH does not matter. What does matter is new futures could be recognized and sought after, and that should be the underlying lesson from this move. I wish nothing but the best for the former parties of the Doom House Empire as they seek to create their own stories in the world of CN. 

Thank you for the memories, DH.

In the mean time, bring on the Post-EQ world and all of the wonderful opportunities that lie ahead, for all of us. :)

Yes great chapter Doomhouse! Without you we could have never attacked Polar three times!

VE has very little to do with it.

Lets stop that buck right here. We told you in our government channel the night the vote started with Rsox, King Brandon, and Sardonic in attendance.

If your gov chooses to dictate the flow of info away from you that is their choosing but don't start pushing that onto us.

Daikos told us in the gov channel 10 minutes after AK posted it in the embassy, both less than 24 hours before this thread went up.

Edited by Azaghul

The basis of his post was "lol you're a fucking tard" sooo relatively flowery.

Well, regardless of what he meant, what he said sounded much better, and much more tasteful. Not sure why you're against educated and classy discourse.

Well, regardless of what he meant, what he said sounded much better, and much more tasteful. Not sure why you're against educated and classy discourse.

The word "classy" in and of itself is distasteful if you ask me. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

Basically you're agreeing with what I said in that it didn't change the meaning, at least. But continue being the contrarian!

I would be shocked if this doesn't work out making life a lot easier for all 3 of us.

Time to boot up the dolphinplan.

Your life has been nothing but easy, all the way, Maj Trev.  I've watched you shuck and jive for six years now, never getting so much as a scratch.

This could not have been easy. Good luck to Umbrella as you chart a new course.

And BTW, Ardus, you were way more entertaining when you were in MK.

He'll always be as entertaining as ever, I imagine. You just need to wait for the next deluge of logs...

Miss you, Ardus. Send me a letter sometime, seal it with a kiss. Seriously.