Greatest ever war?

Alterego

5 weeks and no alliance has surrendered yet  

175 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This war has been raging for 5 weeks without an alliance surrender. Ok one alliance surrendered because they attacked the wrong alliance but no surrender under fire has occurred. This has never happened in a war of this size with both sides tearing sizable chunks out of each other. Is this the greatest war ever?

It's been more entertaining than the last few certainly.  noCB was more fun as an MKer, but not as good for CN overall.  Certainly the most even in a very long time.  Bipolar was more even across more tiers, instead of the lopsided spread we see here.  Karma was definitely the best in terms of overall leadup, activity, rhetoric, etc.  The world has definitely declined since then.

To me, this war is arguably the best since the Great War Era for a couple of reasons: It's the first time since then that post-war political dominance is genuinely in play and it could be the deciding war in the old-style vs. new-style (quantity vs. quality) alliance structure (though I'd argue that even old-style alliances want quality).

At the end of this, we're all going to find out if the rulers of the ancient, high tech, mega-warchest nations (ie active for a very long time) are still interested or if they tend to get tired of it all moreso than the younger rulers. That'll go a long way to determining future dominance.

The greatest war ever isn't this war. I'd imagine the greatest war ever wouldn't be so completely lopsided, would actually have quality rhetoric coming from both sides. This war feels more like a grudge war and an attempt at rolling someone. The fact that the rolling hasn't happened yet and the smaller side is holding their own makes this war very interesting and perhaps a model to follow in future wars, but that doesn't make this the greatest war ever.

This is the most fun war we've had in a while, but I feel like it's a wannabe Karma War. Sorry, Equilibrium, but this war is severely lacking in the rhetoric and vitriol of Karma. Nice try, though.

7/10 would war again.

Edited by Yankees Empire

Most fun i've had for years, but in terms of politics, drama and impact, i think Karma is still winning.

I would like to see a war that managed to drag in all the nutreal very top tiers and nutreal alliances. War is [i]so[/i] destructive, they will eventually win the game.

Karma had the best build up.  Unfortunately the upper tier battle didn't last to long.  But hey, you can't have everything.  This war didn't exactly have a build up.  However, when competence pulls a victory and someone decides to pull a karma style public spectacle that leads to war, then you might have my vote.  However, it would still be a close battle with karma.

Its the first war I have had enough time to make use of peace mode. I am enjoying it. No being on at update, going out and being social. Pretty nice.

get a cell phone, log in where ever, i've gotten laid off having to explain CN to a girl, you can find your own nerdy girl too!