Alliances Throughout the Years

Lurunin

I always find it interesting seeing people's choice of alliances change over their career of CN. You can literally find them in one alliance despising another, but then a year+ later are in that same alliance. You can see multiple people alliance jump 2-5 alliances each month, you can find so many merging into others or splinters breaking away from others that it's hard to keep it straight where someone is.

The most intriguing thing, to me atleast, is how when someone changes alliances; how that cultures changes them.

Hell i bet most of you have a nice idea in your heads of someone like this right now even.

So in short, what alliances have you been in since your start of CN? If you can please provide dates so we can also see what happened around those times as well (maybe you joined an alliance and left a week or two before they disbanded or joined for a stint due to wanting to be a war mercenary, etc.)

And if you want to include why you joined a certain alliance or left one go ahead and post it up anyway. Always fun seeing what goes through people's minds, especially when two people may see a situation entirely differently :popcorn:

______

I'll go ahead and start it off i guess.

I started my career being recruited off-site by a friend who had been trying to get me into it for a few weeks. I finally conceded and made a nation and applied for the alliance he was running (PPO infact). It's literally the only alliance i've ever been apart of. Good or bad, you tell me. But i've made plenty of friends thanks to it

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LSF - post St Paddys Day - left due to the massive disorganized nature of LSF
\m/ - up to modgate - my old boss left, and pulled me with him
NATO - did about 6 months there, maybe longer - got bored very quickly, didn't get along with some of the gov
Valhalla - after nowedge till their end of Karma - left to go fight with NPO
NPO - 6 months, maybe - paid some reps, though the alliance was not my scene, too regimented.
Olympus - over 2 years close to 3 - merged to form Ai
Ai - current alliance.

[b]CDS[/b] - First Alliance, left after the end of GW3
[b]GPA[/b] - Left in the middle of Woodstock Massacre
[b]TPF[/b] - Left to form a alliance with friends
[b]Atarax[/b] - Left in the middle of NoCB war after my alliance surrender to PC
[b]NpO[/b] - Joined in the middle of NoCB war, left after the end of Grudge War

[b]ODN:[/b] July, 7th 2007 - April, 20th 2008 (410 days). I needed a change: I was about to quit but I had made Archon a drunken promise to join MK before letting MacLand delete.
[b]MK:[/b] April, 20th 2008 - today (1662 days). Archon chained me in the basement.

Edited by potato

I can`t count them all but here are my Four major Ones:

Nuclear Proliferation League
The Combine
North Atlantic Defense Coalition
International Armed Forces Group(Current President and Military Chief)

[b]Viridian Entente: [/b] 2007 - post-Viridicide

--DELETED DUE TO INACTIVITY & EVENTUALLY RE-ROLLED--

[b]Viridian Entente:[/b] Oct 2009 - Early 2010

[b]Symphony:[/b] Founding - Early 2011

[b]Dark Templar:[/b] 554 days & counting

TDSM8 - First real alliance I joined, merged into MK. I left MK when they reformed and fought in the BAPS War, but ended up rejoining MK after peace/terms were settled (I think we had to pay some reps, it's been a while so I can't know for sure).

MK - Been here for the vast majority of my CN career. I've fought in every major war they've been in.

Ffffff this might take all day.

I started off in GGA, after being recruited off the Game Informer forums. Worked with Prodigal Chieftain before leaving due to the drama he was causing. I joined LUE, just in time for GW1 to kick off. Had some fun wrecking some Pacificans (I was one of the first people with multiple satellites.) but eventually moved back to GGA to head their war effort as well. GGA had even more drama, and the mass exodus to go make CGS (Later, CDS) pulled me in as well. That was one of the best alliances I've been in. After hitting sanction, and chilling for a while, a few friends invited me to make an alliance. I felt I had enough political capital to make an alliance, so I created DSMR. Dey See Me Rollin, which was a very, very lighthearted alliance did pretty well. Eventually I decided to go serious as it was doing well, and we changed the name to the Imperial Confederacy. We did well, but I wanted to move forward and talked to Ninja R, the leader of JRCA. We eventually merged to found >_<, which was another terrible name. After a falling out with The Initiative shortly after GW2, over the NPO choosing to pander to /b/, I left and founded my own alliance with Tanner, called The Rising Sun. It did well, becoming the fastest alliance to reach 500k ns without a merger, up to that point. However, I attempted to go the independent route, and secured no treaties. It led to many becoming concerned and returning to >_<, which has a treaty with The Initiative. So, I sought another merger, with I believe the CIA, to create Guns of Glory. Eventually I created a bloc around GoG, known as The Sphere. GW3 rolled around and The Sphere wound up fighting CIS, who we soundly defeated. We were the only AEGIS front to be victorious. However, AEGIS lost the war as we know, and as a leading anti-NPO figure, I was denied surrender and placed on the Perma-ZI list. So, I left GoG. I re-rolled a few months later as Ghost of Sparta before going inactive. A few months later, I returned as Cole Hamels and joined MK, who knew my real identity. I was a big anti-\m/ figure, and at one point told them I would delete if they bought 200 dollars of \m/ merch, which they did. Inevitably, we wound up fighting. Later, I deleted and came back as my real name, securing peace soon after due to NoV. I joined NoV and hung out for a while. Next I headed to Entente of the Rising Sun, as commander of their armed forces. I then found myself back on PZI for criticizing Pacifica on the CN forums. I believe, it was a verbal spat with Josef Thorne. Well, it took me quite a while to get off this time, and I believe I returned to found the first Vox Populi. It was widely opposed by NPO and co. due to it having me, RV, and Kaiser Martens as Tri's. Soon, we disbanded despite growing rapidly. I then went and joined IAA, and guess what happened next? We got attacked after GATO was hit by 1V, and I was denied surrender despite doing really...nothing. I sat and waited in ZI for a while. Then came the War of the Coalition and I was quite repulsed over the event, and combined with my anger over Vox being forcefully disbanded, I came up with the idea of a rogue anarchist network. Thus, I assembled MegaAros first, and Doitzel soon followed. From there, we grabbed the original 11, and from there it was history. Once Vox had won, I secured my freedom from PZI, which at that point had totaled three years of PZI. I decided to experience the other side, so I joined Valhalla and pissed alot of people off. From there, I forget where I went. I left for a year. Then I came back and I remember I wound up back in new \m/. Became a leader, got bored, and went inactive. Left for two more years. Now, I came back and joined The Combine.

Now, for the two of you who read that, enjoy!

Was recruited by a real life friend into the game and my first AA the [b]Global League of Protectorates [/b]back in '09.

About a month in I realised what neutrality meant as the Karma War kicked off and I got no fun :(

Resorted to getting my kicks out of tech raiding and some low level gov work while in the meantime GLOP was falling apart so I took the oportunety at around the 3 month mark to join splinter AA, [b]KIA[/b] where I got my first gig in high gov and was able to hang out with other pro-tech raiding minded folks, stayed there for a month all up but importantly was there for the AA creation phase so learnt a lot.

Around this time both GLOP and KIA were in the process of disbanding. GLOP first then KIA folded about a month or so later. Internal disputes and flip floping direction (they changed the AA name to The Brotherhood and banned tech raiding for example and started expelling people) was a sign things werent going smooth so I departed. KIA Disbanded about a month after I left.

Joined [b]Ragnarok[/b] an alliance I admired watching during the Karma War, added bonus was I had a couple ex-GLOP mates that defected there during the Karma War so I at least knew someone. RoK pimp slapped me into shape and taught me a tonne, warchesting, military techniques, general love for war. The place certainly had a culture and as you say Luru it does change you.

Stayed about 2 years. Eventually just suffering from boredom and got to wondering if it could be possible to kick off a successfull micro and grow it into something decent. Not just another 15 man AA that disbanded in a month but a real alliance. * Hooked up with a couple other people that felt the same way and launched the [b]Nuclear Proliferation League[/b].

Been at the NPL now about a year and a half and see it as my home for life now. o/

*edit ... nearly forgot! Spent 2 weeks at the [b]People's Front of Judea[/b] while I planned for the launch of the NPL. Was really just a hang out after I left RoK, but those guys were pretty cool, had the NPL idea failed to get off the ground maybe I would of stayed there. As fate had it PFJ disbanded not long after I left it anyway.
[b] [/b]

[b] [/b]

Edited by King Wally

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1352338435' post='3049948']
Ffffff this might take all day.

I started off in GGA, after being recruited off the Game Informer forums. Worked with Prodigal Chieftain before leaving due to the drama he was causing. I joined LUE, just in time for GW1 to kick off. Had some fun wrecking some Pacificans (I was one of the first people with multiple satellites.) but eventually moved back to GGA to head their war effort as well. GGA had even more drama, and the mass exodus to go make CGS (Later, CDS) pulled me in as well. That was one of the best alliances I've been in. After hitting sanction, and chilling for a while, a few friends invited me to make an alliance. I felt I had enough political capital to make an alliance, so I created DSMR. Dey See Me Rollin, which was a very, very lighthearted alliance did pretty well. Eventually I decided to go serious as it was doing well, and we changed the name to the Imperial Confederacy. We did well, but I wanted to move forward and talked to Ninja R, the leader of JRCA. We eventually merged to found >_<, which was another terrible name. After a falling out with The Initiative shortly after GW2, over the NPO choosing to pander to /b/, I left and founded my own alliance with Tanner, called The Rising Sun. It did well, becoming the fastest alliance to reach 500k ns without a merger, up to that point. However, I attempted to go the independent route, and secured no treaties. It led to many becoming concerned and returning to >_<, which has a treaty with The Initiative. So, I sought another merger, with I believe the CIA, to create Guns of Glory. Eventually I created a bloc around GoG, known as The Sphere. GW3 rolled around and The Sphere wound up fighting CIS, who we soundly defeated. We were the only AEGIS front to be victorious. However, AEGIS lost the war as we know, and as a leading anti-NPO figure, I was denied surrender and placed on the Perma-ZI list. So, I left GoG. I re-rolled a few months later as Ghost of Sparta before going inactive. A few months later, I returned as Cole Hamels and joined MK, who knew my real identity. I was a big anti-\m/ figure, and at one point told them I would delete if they bought 200 dollars of \m/ merch, which they did. Inevitably, we wound up fighting. Later, I deleted and came back as my real name, securing peace soon after due to NoV. I joined NoV and hung out for a while. Next I headed to Entente of the Rising Sun, as commander of their armed forces. I then found myself back on PZI for criticizing Pacifica on the CN forums. I believe, it was a verbal spat with Josef Thorne. Well, it took me quite a while to get off this time, and I believe I returned to found the first Vox Populi. It was widely opposed by NPO and co. due to it having me, RV, and Kaiser Martens as Tri's. Soon, we disbanded despite growing rapidly. I then went and joined IAA, and guess what happened next? We got attacked after GATO was hit by 1V, and I was denied surrender despite doing really...nothing. I sat and waited in ZI for a while. Then came the War of the Coalition and I was quite repulsed over the event, and combined with my anger over Vox being forcefully disbanded, I came up with the idea of a rogue anarchist network. Thus, I assembled MegaAros first, and Doitzel soon followed. From there, we grabbed the original 11, and from there it was history. Once Vox had won, I secured my freedom from PZI, which at that point had totaled three years of PZI. I decided to experience the other side, so I joined Valhalla and pissed alot of people off. From there, I forget where I went. I left for a year. Then I came back and I remember I wound up back in new \m/. Became a leader, got bored, and went inactive. Left for two more years. Now, I came back and joined The Combine.

Now, for the two of you who read that, enjoy!
[/quote]

Too long, didn't read. You lost the respect of cole hamels.

IRON- Dec 06 - Feb 07 - Confused, didn't get newb help
Wolfpack Mar 07- Aug 07 -deleted, bored.
ODN Sept 07 - Oct 07 -deleted, bored.
Wolfpack Mar 08 - June 08 -deleted, was discouraged by huge reps
ODN April 09 - now

So, both of my alliances after IRON have fought in a war since I've left it. Cool. The same guy kept inviting me back into CN and finally succeeded in 09, but funnily deleted a few weeks after the last return.

Edited by Chaoshawk

PPO- Sorry lulu, Craven drugged me :P
Æsir- fun times were had but when things went inactive we merged into OMFG
OMFG- Good times but the bronies pulled a clockwork orange on me and I was forced against my will to join
UE- most interesting alliance I have been in, whatta ride.
Sengoku-been an alliance for a week now I think, lol awesome alliance

November 2007, joined with a bunch of folk from another game who formed an alliance called Ubercon, after the game con of the same name.
Alliance went from micro to over 100 members in a few weeks, and most of us who were staff or senior players in the other game, became government here at one point. After Randalla left to form Amazon Nation, and others got bored, the alliance sank to inactivity.
September 2009, after much searching and looking, I left with a group of friends and joined TDO. This was right after the mess with Warbuck. Left in July 2010, want to know why, feel free to ask in private, I won't post it publically.
Went back to Ubercon while working on founding of Pax Corvus, which DOE'd in August 2010.

I've been neutral and peaceful since the day I started, and will be until death take me or the world end.

Edited by Cerridwyn

[list=1]
[*]Unaligned: Feb 07 - August 07. I joined during the Fark.com Greenlight, but I didn't bother joining any alliances.

[*]Goon Order of Neutral Shoving: August 07 to November 07. I noticed SomethingAwful.com had an alliance while visiting the OWF. As a fan of Cliff Yablonski, I joined. Unfortunately, it was right in the middle of ModGate and the Moldavi Rebellion and all that Polaris and GGA drama. I stuck around for the UnJust War and spied on MHA via my boss's computer (he was a member, didn't log out of their forums :v: ) I "left" in November when GOONS fell apart as a real alliance and remained a "Hidden GOONS" spy until June 2008 when Alastor and Tristesse (banned member) finally actually disbanded everything.

[*]As a Hidden GOONS I went to Republican Organization for Liberty, this god-awful ex-GOLD AA that Nintenderek founded with some winy 6th-graders. I became MoD by virtue of possessing a copy of Arcades' war guide (now roundly considered one of the worst ever written)

[*]ROFL merged with Purge, another ex-GOLD diaspora AA. Purge's MoD, UberSpion, resigned because he hated ROFL/Nintenderek so much, so I was made MoD. Purge was a TPF Overlord's Protectorate Pact bloc member, so, still a GOONS spy, I was gov in a minor arm of the growing hegemony. I think about the most useful thing I was able to do was agitate for a swift end to the TPF/Valhalla-BAPS War since BAPS was a GOONS ally and filled with GOONS in hiding.

[*]Purge Imperium. Shortly after the abuses of the BAPS War, Purge's triumvirate (ComradeKorey, AnthonyK, and smoking-hot OreoCookie) started talking merger with Starfox and RebelVirginia's micro to form the first Vox Populi, and protectorate shopping. Some !@#$%^&* told TPF, who informed Purge that we were their property and had no freedom to leave their protection or merge, etc. TPF spammed all of us in the middle of the day informing us that they'd dissolved our tirumvitate and that greenacres (of NPO) was our new viceroy, and that anyone who tried to leave the AA would be PZIed. By that evening, NPO told TPF that they didn't appreciate TPF's poaching greenacres, so OneBallMan became our viceroy instead. Not wishing to lose my good position for a GOONS spy, I stuck around and tried to make things work with Kharn, and we rebranded Purge as Purge Imperium with me as Emperor. The membership viewed my efforts to keep them from being PZIed as complicity with TPF's evil ways and they snuck off til we had like 20 members down from 60+
Purge Imperium disbanded a few weeks later, and here's the funny story of why: IRON and I had bad blood because they didn't appreciate my constant criticisms of them while I was playing IRON PoW to get out of GOONS. At the onset of the Woodstock Massacre, I was a little tipsy and I queried DarkMistress (an IRON Councillor) on IRC since the OWF had crashed, and asked why they were attacking GPA along with NPO. She said "we're just following our treaty." My reply came, "I heard something like that at Nuremburg." She blocked me and immediately told Slayer99 that I called her a NAZI. Slayer cancelled our protection, and in the next day half of Purge's nukes had been spied away. I PMed the membership and told them I was disbanding Purge Imperium, joining Browncoats, and advised them to do the same. Kharn would have been a much better Emperor :v:

[*]Browncoats. By now a firm ChairmanHal fanboi, I took everything I could pack in 5 minutes and hopped the last flight out of Purge Imperium to Browncoats. Still a GOONS spy, I began agitating at the Black Conclave unity forum for the Black sphere after CIS invaded Black and then used their Senate seat to sanction WarriorConcept and Tristesse (then known as banned member). CIS complained to Browncoats (a Brown alliance), and told ChairmanHal (the Prime Minister) that if I didn't apologize they were going to attack me. I wrote a backhanded apology that raked CIS over the coals even more, got reprimanded through Hal's own laughter, wrote a second fake apology, and was put on court martial by the weasle Browncoats MoFA Veneke. I donned a Matlock avatar/sig set like any good troll, won the hearts and minds of the gallery in my kangaroo court, and was let off with a gag order.
As it turned out, I ended up in Browncoats gov--reluctantly--a few weeks later when the conniving and disgusting and deceitful Veneke and his mewling accomplice Mechanus poached most of the brains of BCs to go form Hegemony of Peripheral States, the most stupidly named alliance in history.
As MoFA of Browncoats, I began moving the AA's foreign affairs in a more Black-centric direction, causing lots of drama with GATO and their super-lame UPS bloc along with our friends M*A*S*H. One night, on the eve of the GATO-1V War, finding BCs still tied to GATO and facing ZI and disbandment in their defense due to their duplicitous tricking us into a MDP without informing us they were in violation of their surrender terms and liable to attack at any time, and finding myself also the lone gov member in town on that fateful weekend of business trips and youth retreats and inactivity amongst the rest of gov, I contacted a Black moderate, Zzzptm to see how we might stop the war happening at all. But, finding ourselves too puny to stop the whole of global affairs, we found we could at least take hold of our own destinies, thus hatching the Shadow Conspiracy/Bubblegum War, a fake war which would preclude both Browncoats and Black Defense Council from participation in the GATO-1V war.

[*]Back Defense Council. Less than 48 hours tenure. BDC's allies wanted a piece of Browncoats so badly that it got to the point BDC could no longer keep them from entering against their own wishes, so we ended the war with a Browncoats surrender to the tune of 5,000 tech (an amount I had enough cash to personally finance), cancelling all BCs treaties (clearing the way for us to make a clean move to Black from Brown), and my joining BDC as a prisoner in a golden cage (Zzzptm's idea, I suppose because I'd blown all capital in Browncoats). Upon this surrender, some small-minded idiot in Browncoats who was outraged at the whole affair created a fake OWF account and posted logs of the plot in our surrender thread. Zzzptm ran to Nueva Vida where KaiserMartens joined him (idiots in BDC assumed KM was involved, I assure you all still that he was completely ignorant of the affair). I was PZI-listed by Polaris (BDC's ally), BDC (which was forced into a Polaris viceroyship), and several members of the Dark Confederate Pact bloc, and exiled from the Black team.

[*]The Order of the Paradox. ~2 months. After a few rounds of war, I wriggled my way out of PZI and joined TOP, where there were lots of other former GOONS. I quickly fell out of favor with the pro-Pacifican government and found myself on the receiving end of constant admonishments to keep my mouth shut on the OWF or else. One day, I broke some forum rules, and instead of reporting me, Crymson used the situation to kick me out of TOP and attempt to extort 1,600 tech from me. I waffled for a while, then deleted on Manic Monday rather than try to play under Crymson's thumb.

[*]Vox Populi. I unwittingly told a Senior Moderator what I had done, ironically freeing myself and clearing my own way to re-roll a few weeks after Manic Monday and become one of the founding members of Vox Populi in response to the years of Pax Pacifican hegemony abuses. I served passionately until we suspended the charter and operatoins of Vox when Karma took the reigns, and fell deeply in love with Doitzel who could never himself love a millenia-old undying bodysnatcher like me.

[*]Cult of Justitia. May 2009 - present. I knew that post-Vox it would be important that alliances exist which would continue Vox's work, so I founded Cult of Justitia to carry forth Doitzel's charge to the world that we never allow a return to the state of the world which had precipitated Vox's existence. A times, I fear that the serious, deathly-serious, nature of CoJ's mission has robbed me of the light-heartedness that carried my voice as an OWF loudmouth and then Vox talking head--I knowit has. As a kooky GOONS agent and a nothing-left-to-lose Vox revolutionary, everything was a game, as the Presbyter of the Cult of Justitia in a world that abandoned and despises the very ideals which freed it from NPO, it's not so much fun-and-games.
We aren't big, we're not particularly powerful, but we know what we can do and we're not afraid to do it. So, maybe we're not changing the world, but there are a lot of small things we've done when we could that made a big difference to small people, and a few big things we've done when we could that we're happy to have been part of.
[/list]
In conclusion, I would like to say that I have outlasted every dickhead that made my life Hell from GOONS to Vox. Thank you very much Slayer99, DarkMistress, MyWorld, nowedge, DerekJones, CoreyFaith, Crymson etc etc etc. It's been a blast, loved watching most of you get stabbed in the back by your buddies. I have also very much enjoyed working with a lot of you as global events have changed the ground beneath our feet so many times.

I didn't include wiki links, but there are articles on any of these historical events if you want to check them out in more detail, like Manic Monday and the Bubblegum War and ModGate and the Greenlight. Basically, if it's an unfamiliar term, stick it in the wiki.

Edited by Schattenmann