Announcement from the Viridian Entente

[quote name='Dilber' timestamp='1340804008' post='2998323']
They might say that, but GOD/VE and NPO hate each other. I don't care what that says, they don't mind fighting those two. They hit the jackpot of targets. EVERYONE IS JEALOUS OF THEM :<
[/quote]

I don't know how they feel, but we don't hate NPO at all.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Dilber' timestamp='1340804008' post='2998323']
They might say that, but GOD/VE and NPO hate each other. I don't care what that says, they don't mind fighting those two. They hit the jackpot of targets. EVERYONE IS JEALOUS OF THEM :<
[/quote]
I don't hate NPO. Wait. Am I supposed to?

[quote name='suryanto tan' timestamp='1340802820' post='2998311']Seeing both NPO and VE have very little love for MK, one would expect that these two alliances would later ended up against MK and allies.[/quote]
There will be no cooperation between mentioned entities. Your reasoning is misguided.

Or to put it more clearly and plainly for you, we hardly consider MK to be "bigger evil" then GOD from our point of view, as you obviously do.
As our Emperor stated, its the same deal basically. So hence, why we wouldn't ever consider anything remotely like that as GOD has during its entire history been a clear political enemy of ours.

Thats plain enough I suppose. I like how you are trying to play strategy on this situation, but you do not understand the mindsets of alliances involved.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1340804417' post='2998327']
I think you need to do more research before you come to such conclusions.
[/quote]

Tan's analysis is spot on.. The only lacking part of his research is your involvement. While VE and NPO beating each other down was not the primary objective of this war, you'd be lying if you said DH/NG (?) wasn't hoping this would happen and went out of their way to align some pieces to make this a possibility.

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1340806492' post='2998346']
Tan's analysis is spot on..
[/quote]
No, actually it's not even close. Knowing the alliance leaders involved and their motivations, I can see clearly the picture is nowhere near as Tan hypothesizes. NPO and VE don't particularly care about MK, for one thing. Also I consider both VE and NPO alliances whom I wish to see succeed. I obviously can't speak for all of DH, but there's certainly no overarching anti VE/NPO bent.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='Nikita Ilyich Lenin' timestamp='1340772180' post='2997945']
I must say the Pacifican counter offensive of VE is beyond impressive.
[/quote]
On the first two pages of VE's war screen, at this current time NPO declared wars to VE declared wars are 56-23. I'm not bothering reading farther back and I'm sure VE has a ton of other declarations on preceding pages but yikes. Would not want to be VE right now. (The other war is Ostrogothi declaring on VE and he's currently unaligned.)

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1340770893' post='2997883']
Doesn't look like Slytherin will win the house cup this go around.
[/quote]

Nice post. :)

This is awkward for me, as a former Viridian.
Respectable declaration, to be sure, but I'm a bit torn on who to pull for... admittedly leaning NPO.

Enjoy the war, ppl!

Edited by Farnsworth

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1340806492' post='2998346']
Tan's analysis is spot on.. The only lacking part of his research is your involvement. While VE and NPO beating each other down was not the primary objective of this war, you'd be lying if you said DH/NG (?) wasn't hoping this would happen and went out of their way to align some pieces to make this a possibility.
[/quote]
Yes, actually it's all completely correct. MK asked GOD to hit NG so we can go in knowing that VE will defend GOD. It's all true.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1340810150' post='2998378']
Yeah Sard and Dom got together and said "Let's make this so-far simple and enjoyable war uncomfortable and complex."
[/quote]

Well it was getting boring. Now it's SF's turn to play their cards :P

Seriously, though, this was quite expected. I mean, I thought there'd be like a 70% chance of VE fighting for the other coalition, because of the GOONS tie, tugged by the Umbrella/Deinos unchained ties, combined with somewhat decreased love for GOD and the present Viridian administration. But it was pretty clear that GOD stayed out last to play the VE card, and that it was the reason that nobody really hit GOD directly. SF did not move in because they wanted the MK coalition to hit them first to activate the defensive treaties.

GOD pushed just enough pressure on NG that they would have to call in backup. NPO, due to their history with GOD, would have been eager to hit GOD, even on a ODP. And seeing VE's.. distrust/history with NPO, it would've been very likely for them to counter. NPO knew this. Their counter offensive showed that they were ready.

It is according to GOD/SF's plan, or at least meets expectations perfectly. But I don't really see the benefit here, because NPO and friends could just roll over VE, and VE doesn't have any major ties to pull into the fight in the case of a counter.

[quote name='MrMuz' timestamp='1340813268' post='2998404']
It is according to GOD/SF's plan, or at least meets expectations perfectly. But I don't really see the benefit here, because NPO and friends could just roll over VE, and VE doesn't have any major ties to pull into the fight in the case of a counter.
[/quote]
This was not our idea, the allies of NPO who this involves are friendly towards our cause.
I am glad to see GOD defended, but this is VE's decision being enacted here 100%. VE could care less that we burn, and certainly don't listen to SF.

Edited by Ogaden

[quote name='Trigger' timestamp='1340780255' post='2998128']
VE is doing the right thing by honoring their treaty as that's why you sign them in the first place. I also feel no pain watching them burn as this was the ally they chose over all others.

Happy hunting NPO.
[/quote]

Which of our other allies have been attacked?

[quote name='MrMuz' timestamp='1340813268' post='2998404']
It is according to VE's plan, or at least meets expectations perfectly. But I don't really see the benefit here, because NPO and friends could just roll over VE, and VE doesn't have any major ties to pull into the fight in the case of a counter.
[/quote]
you seem to think this decision was made on a Coalition level, this was squarely on Impero.

[quote name='Max Power' timestamp='1340807994' post='2998356']
On the first two pages of VE's war screen, at this current time NPO declared wars to VE declared wars are 56-23. I'm not bothering reading farther back and I'm sure VE has a ton of other declarations on preceding pages but yikes. Would not want to be VE right now. (The other war is Ostrogothi declaring on VE and he's currently unaligned.)
[/quote]

Overdeclaring wars this early did not make tactical sense when looking at the big picture. While I am also impressed by everyone by NPO's counters it was pretty obvious it would happen and having already been engaged, probably had many online at the time.

Not trying to take anything away from them mind you, I'm looking forward to a good fun fight regardless of the outcome.

Personally I have no feelings for VE, they would have to matter for me to feel something for them.

So thank you for letting us try out our newest set of Jackboots. We shined them extra special for this test run.

o/ NPO

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1340807774' post='2998354']
Also I consider both VE and NPO alliances whom I wish to see succeed. I obviously can't speak for all of DH, but there's certainly no overarching anti VE/NPO bent.
[/quote]

hahahaha oh my god that's great! This is another one of those "PB will last forever, you don't know anything!" posts isn't it?

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1340814800' post='2998422']
you seem to think this decision was made on a Coalition level, this was squarely on Impero.
[/quote]

On the subject of your coalition, though, I find it interesting that, over the course of this war, elements of it have attacked the International for not opting into the IRON/Nordreich vs. LSF conflict, defended NATO when they did exactly the same thing, and demeaned VE for honoring their treaty with GOD. I'm getting some mixed messages here!

In any case, have fun guys.

Edited by Quiziotle

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1340817263' post='2998454']
hahahaha oh my god that's great! This is another one of those "PB will last forever, you don't know anything!" posts isn't it?
[/quote]

You're more than welcome to read posts from Viridian and Pacificans posts here to see that there is no real animosity between our sides. Speaking from the Viridian side there is not hate from NPO, just a healthy rivalry built back through years. I imagine this war will only help build relationships between us both.