Imperial Announcement from the New Pacific Order

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1340723164' post='2997271']
Sorry, my loyalty is to STA.
[/quote]

STA once was in a bad situation. In BiPolar you had to make tough choices. The world around you conspired to make any action available to you open to legitimate criticism. There was just no good way out even though you had the best intentions. I seem to recall the phrase of (or something similar to) "We follow our treaties" bring used. And that's what you did even though it put you in a terrible twisted position. People accused you of being NpO's lapdog and worse, but none of it was true. You just did your best to do right given the mess that war was. 

While this war isn't (yet?) as messed up as BiPolar there are similarities. We have allies on both sides. Any action we were to take would open us to criticism from someone. But in the end we chose to follow our treaties. I'd think that if anybody would understand this it would be an STAer. We are no more lapdogs than you were. 

I admire your fight for The Greater Good, but you have no leg to stand on accusing us of lapdogism, or whichever word you wish to use, especially not after we made a plain worded announcement informing the world of our intentions and of our dislike of this conflict. 

Edited by Colonel Herzog

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1340730106' post='2997350']
Honestly, give up, some people are incapable of even the most basic reading comprehension and thought processes. The NPO announcement, and then this declaration, is one of the most simple and open narratives to follow of this war, and people are still messing it up.
[/quote]

You hold the OWF to a standard which it will never achieve.

Edited by tamerlane

[quote name='Commander shepard' timestamp='1340730040' post='2997347']
They were talking about would NATO be defended by NPO if she got attacked.
I said NPO should defend them if they did, I think you didn't understand what I was talking about in my initial post and thought I said NPO should attack MK with an oA.

The end.
[/quote]
Then what was all that talk about other stuff, like oAing in on preempts and such? Had NATO been countered before NG, then NPO probably would be defending them. So yes, I did misunderstand your first post. However, I'm not sure what you're trying to prove by bringing it up now, why didn't you just say that in the first place? Instead you carried on with the other argument for multiple posts, then bring it out now saying AHA. Seems pretty ridiculous to carry on an argument, then when you lose that go back to the beginning and go no no, I didn't actually mean that, you've got it all wrong.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1340731165' post='2997367']
Then what was all that talk about other stuff, like oAing in on preempts and such? Had NATO been countered before NG, then NPO probably would be defending them. So yes, I did misunderstand your first post. However, I'm not sure what you're trying to prove by bringing it up now, why didn't you just say that in the first place? Instead you carried on with the other argument for multiple posts, then bring it out now saying AHA. Seems pretty ridiculous to carry on an argument, then when you lose that go back to the beginning and go no no, I didn't actually mean that, you've got it all wrong.
[/quote]

All that other talk was me trying to understand your logic of thought.
I forgot you made the mistake by not understanding/reading the previous posts.

And then we ended up in a mindless rambling, then I went away and came back and remembered you made a mistake.

And I didn't lose the argument, you just don't agree about the wording of the treaties.
It's not my fault if people don't fully understand them.

Edited by Commander shepard

[quote name='Commander shepard' timestamp='1340730040' post='2997347']
They were talking about would NATO be defended by NPO if she got attacked.
I said NPO should defend them if they did, I think you didn't understand what I was talking about in my initial post and thought I said NPO should attack MK with an oA.

The end.
[/quote]

NATO wont be countered.

The end.

[quote name='Commander shepard' timestamp='1340703706' post='2997070']
They should of dog piled MK.
I'm not sure why they didn't do that, I should give them war advice.
[/quote]

It would have made [i]our[/i] job easier.

[quote name='Farnsworth' timestamp='1340711243' post='2997116']
Like this post. :) lol.
[/quote]

Thank you, I aim to please.

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1340717641' post='2997185']
I can almost see Ivan Moldavi, Dilber, and Moo shaking their heads at this.
[/quote]

As far as I know, Ivan's OK with it.

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1340730106' post='2997350']
Honestly, give up, some people are incapable of even the most basic reading comprehension and thought processes. The NPO announcement, and then this declaration, is one of the most simple and open narratives to follow of this war, and people are still messing it up.
[/quote]

Honestly? We're the ones getting attacked and we fully expected it. I have no idea why/what people are arguing over it.

[quote name='Mixoux' timestamp='1340735152' post='2997411']
Honestly? We're the ones getting attacked and we fully expected it. I have no idea why/what people are arguing over it.
[/quote]People wanted NPO to side with NATO and not NG so they get all upset when it didn't happen.

[quote name='Gingervites' timestamp='1340737199' post='2997431']
People wanted NPO to side with NATO and not NG so they get all upset when it didn't happen.
[/quote]
As an RIA member I would say I am more disappointed to see NPO deliberately aiding a war of aggression against us when they had no obligation to do so.

[quote name='Ogaden' timestamp='1340737312' post='2997434']
As an RIA member I would say I am more disappointed to see NPO deliberately aiding a war of aggression against us when they had no obligation to do so.
[/quote]

That's between you and NG. We only have issues with GOD and are dealing with them while we have the opportunity and while they have brought it upon themselves. Maybe RIA should seek peace with NG?

See.. even GOD admits they fully expected the results.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

[quote name='Ogaden' timestamp='1340737312' post='2997434']
[/quote]

[i]Technically[/i] they are countering the counters on NG. Plus everyone going in on NG knew very well it'd draw NPO out, so no one was so disillusioned to think NPO would not enter. Not saying I like all of it, but there's really no point making a tiff about this particular issue.

[quote name='Mixoux' timestamp='1340735152' post='2997411']
[/quote]

Glad to hear it - I find it baffling that is apparently strange or distasteful for some reason.

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1340737383' post='2997437']
That's between you and NG. We only have issues with GOD and are dealing with them while we have the opportunity and while they have brought it upon themselves. Maybe RIA should seek peace with NG?
[/quote]
We don't leave friends on the battlefield, especially not friends who stuck up for us against Non Grata and their bully boy tactics. And by extension, now your bully boy tactics as well.

We can all say this is politics as usual, but that would imply Non Grata's actions were even remotely justifiable.

Edited by Ogaden

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1340721187' post='2997236']
There was a whole whole lot of outrage when NPO was hit. Do you not remember that at all? I'll have to find you next time I'm on irc then.
[/quote]

Talk is cheap, always has been.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1340722372' post='2997251']
Tell me, who was benefited when you chose to not defend LSF? And Who was benefited when NPO chose to defend NG? Yes MK in both cases... Now go figure because both alliances are MK cronies.

Also I love this new agenda thing.
[/quote]

Who wasn't benefiting... oh right GOD. You are almost there D34th, keep doing it

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1340722372' post='2997251']
Tell me, who was benefited when you chose to not defend LSF? And Who was benefited when NPO chose to defend NG? Yes MK in both cases... Now go figure because both alliances are MK cronies.

Also I love this new agenda thing.
[/quote]

So anyone who joins our side is now suddenly MK cronies because in doing so it may in some fashion help MK in one way or the other? Dumbest thing I've heard.

Do you have to rant 24/7 on these forums when something doesn't go your way, or how you'd like it. NPO declared on who they wanted, it's war, deal with it. I sure hope someone stops pissing in your Cheerios

Well you followed through on your promise so that's cool. Disagree with your assessment of MK as the harder target, since MK is half the NS of Non Grata and has fewer unengaged allies available to assist. But you were right in calling it a mistake. I don't even mean that in a "you'll be sorry you ever messed with x" way, I mean its objectively a misstep on the part of GOD. NG is twice the size of MK and hitting MK would have made the application of our side's reserve forces more complicated. Of course ultimately, they can only do so well with the cards they were dealt but they could have make things more awkward and destructive for us. Especially when you consider that the whole damn DoW was about MK in the first place.

Either way, have fun with it.

I understand you have your reasons for this, but it's still disappointing to see you supporting MK.

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1340695022' post='2997006']
You may choose to link the wars if you wish. That is not our perspective. We are supporting NG as we have always said we would do. GOD did not have to interfere with our allies actions. They have brought this upon themselves. There were other ways GOD could have addressed their concerns that did not involve NG. They are paying for their poor choices.
[/quote]

You expect us to let RIA burn fighting NG alone? There was no other way.

[quote name='Akama' timestamp='1340743271' post='2997490']
I understand you have your reasons for this, but it's still disappointing to see you supporting MK.

You expect us to let RIA burn fighting NG alone? There was no other way.
[/quote]

Exactly, just as us supporting NG, though optional, wasn't really a choice. They'd stuck to our side in so many conflicts.. and we clearly stated our intent to protect them. Just as you have your obligations, by treaty or by honor, so do we. Perhaps this collision was inevitable... or destiny. I like that last word a lot.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

[quote name='salsabeast1' timestamp='1340743296' post='2997491']
Why are people shocked at this? I expected NPO to hit a lot more then GOD, you should be happy its GOD only.
[/quote]

It's not shocking, the number of people fed up with MK are what is causing this reaction. The funny part will be in a few months when people currently aiding them are staring down the gun barrel.

[quote name='JWConner' timestamp='1340694493' post='2996997']
While I may not fully support the way this all has happened, I love me some Pacifica! It definitely helps that you're taking out GOD in the process. I only wish it was under better circumstances. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers ;)

This one's for you, Pacifica! o/
[center][IMG]http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee8/osupokes1109/pacificabeer.png[/IMG][/center]
[/quote]

Seeing JWConner still alive just made my day :awesome: