Imperial Decree from the New Pacific Order

[quote name='Farrin Xies' timestamp='1339646630' post='2982805']
For those with reading comprehension problems, let me give a tl;dr: NPO thinks that MK is wrong in their actions; however, we stand by our allies and will not ignore our treaties. I'm not sure how many more times, how much louder, or how much more clearly we can say that WE DO NOT SUPPORT MK'S ACTIONS.
[/quote]
By stating you will defend them you are also stating you defend there actions. I have no issue with what MK is doing ( I rather enjoy it) my issue is NPO trying to claim honor out of hypocrisy.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Dajobo' timestamp='1339644877' post='2982735']
Yeah I'm afraid I can't accept the boiled down version here.

"We believe it's wrong but seeing as it's our friends doing it we'll support it"
Put me in the disappointed group.
[/quote]

Put me in the proud group.

NPO's allies stood with them through thick & thin. Only proper they should do the same.

And I hate to say it, but NpO could learn a lesson here? Perhaps? :P

<3

No side on this planet in any conflict is ever perfect. In fact it is those very imperfections that usually give us the gift of war. The best you can do is stick by your friends and hope for the best. And TLR is proud to call NPO a friend.

I share your aversion to reps and hope others will as well. Though that is just my personal opinion.

How honorable of you Brehon. I greatly admire the stance the NPO has taken in this conflict.

o/ Pacifica

Actions speak louder than words NPO, your fancy words worth less than nothing when with your actions you support the ridiculous war started by Mushroom Kingdom. That said, I'm not even slightly surprised for you deciding this course of action, Pacifica always was a selfish alliance.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1339654772' post='2983073']
Does this mean NPO might oppose the MK side, but promises no reps? Or is this a confirmation that your allies will probably put you firmly on MK's side this war despite disagreement?
[/quote]

I interpreted it as the NPO saying that they find our (MK's) CB against CSN distasteful, that they will defend any allies on our side of the conflict in spite of that, and that they will not impose vindictive terms upon any alliances they find themselves engaged with, regardless of sides.

I'm not a member of the NPO, though, so any of them can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

[quote name='Quiziotle' timestamp='1339646803' post='2982814']
cry out against us all you'd like, you'll never obfuscate the fact that we control you
[/quote]

I honestly thing no one can control Pacifica but herself but thanks for playing.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1339650882' post='2982959']
Actions speak louder than words NPO, your fancy words worth less than nothing when with your actions you support the ridiculous war started by Mushroom Kingdom. That said, I'm not even slightly surprised for you deciding this course of action, Pacifica always was a selfish alliance.
[/quote]

D34th, I expect better from yourself. If we were a selfish alliance, wouldn't we just give our x hour notice and end any treaties which we do not want to honor. While we have to deal with the political world, we also care about our allies and idiocy should not be a reason to watch someone honorable burn for it.

As for the recent DoW; this game is more than just politics and treaties. Sometimes you have to take a stand for the moral fiber of your alliance and its members. Pacifica loves her allies and we will do whatever we can to defend them. However, we also feel that this war is something the world does not need and regardless of if MK wanted to take advantage of CSN based on one person incident. Regardless, know that we stand with our allies, to hell and back and with rolling a few hard sixes in there for good measure.

Edited by Zeta Defender

[quote name='Zeta Defender' timestamp='1339660849' post='2983160']
Sometimes you have to take a stand for the moral fiber of your alliance and its members. Pacifica loves her allies and we will do whatever we can to defend them. However, we also feel that this war is something the world does not need and regardless of if MK wanted to take advantage of CSN based on one person incident. Regardless, know that we stand with our allies, to hell and back and with rolling a few hard sixes in there for good measure.
[/quote]

The New Pacific Order surrendered its right to pontificate about morality a long time ago.

‘Morality is the attitude we adopt towards those we personally dislike’ – Oscar Wilde.

[quote name='bobsanders2' timestamp='1339662972' post='2983169']
The New Pacific Order surrendered its right to pontificate about morality a long time ago.

‘Morality is the attitude we adopt towards those we personally dislike’ – Oscar Wilde.
[/quote]

Call me an old sucker for some of the treatises which Vladimir and Cortath used to write. Plus I like musing :P Who appointed you as the philosophy musing police.

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1339643136' post='2982632']I hate to point out the irony of NPO complaining about unprovoked aggression and blatant imperialism. [b]GPA would like a word with you[/b].[/quote]
While I won't say that I don't understand the reasons you made that implicit comparison for, I'll have you know that we actually don't care about this whole situation. The Agency and her government have no specific opinion about the NPO (of the past or of today) and the WoP chapter was closed a long, [i]long[/i] time ago.

We're not indifferent, though. We are happy of any honest, friendly and impartial interaction between us and the NPO. Or anyone else, for that matter.

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1339643136' post='2982632']
I hate to point out the irony of NPO complaining about unprovoked aggression and blatant imperialism. GPA would like a word with you.

Mind you, MK knows just as well what being underneath a jackboot feel like.
[/quote]

4 years ago perhaps. Have you been sleeping?