An Umbrella Treaty Announcement

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1338354051' post='2974383']
Vendetta aside he has a point. For as much as Lusitan would love to roll certain alliances this is certainly a head scratching development.

Oh well!
[/quote]

The fact that one member would like to roll certain alliances has no bearing on this development. Every member of every alliance has alliances they would like to take a shot at, even I have my own list, but that doesn't mean you act on it. We have been talking to Symphony for quite some time and became close to them and a treaty came of it, I for one am happy to see this.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='pd73bassman' timestamp='1338378142' post='2974496']
The fact that one member would like to roll certain alliances has no bearing on this development. Every member of every alliance has alliances they would like to take a shot at, even I have my own list, but that doesn't mean you act on it. We have been talking to Symphony for quite some time and became close to them and a treaty came of it, I for one am happy to see this.
[/quote]

Except it wasn't one member. Carry on though.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1338352835' post='2974372']
Given recent events, is that a joke you should be making? [i]Heh[/i].
[/quote]

you know what majik is like, livin' on the edge!

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1338379267' post='2974498']
Except it wasn't one member. Carry on though.
[/quote]

except it was and he was making a tongue in cheek remark. keep trying though.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

[quote name='white majik' timestamp='1338351835' post='2974366']
Also this treaty is music to my ears
[/quote]

[quote name='Commonwealth of John' timestamp='1338369766' post='2974475']
its a symphony to my ears
[/quote]

[url="http://instantrimshot.com/index.php?sound=rimshot"]Ba dum pssh[/url]

Joke is expected/10.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1338350185' post='2974351']
Well played. I have to say zoom is on a roll.
[/quote]

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1338352835' post='2974372']
Given recent events, is that a joke you should be making? [i]Heh[/i].
[/quote]

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1338353758' post='2974379']
You would have seen it a lot earlier on if I was referring to that at all. I'm referring to something else IyIyTh summed up quite nicely in a different thread. I don't really appreciate the condescending tone and marginalizing any possible point as a "personal vendetta," especially when I'm referring to a wider scope of events that had nothing to do with me.

Of course, I'm not going to be shy about not liking Umbrella, though. What do I get out of it?
[/quote]

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1338353984' post='2974382']
Except I don't really remember explicitly trashing Umbrella until I was called out. Kudos on rehashing treefinguy's lame insult, though.
[/quote]

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1338354134' post='2974384']
But you see, if you say someone has a "personal vendetta," it invalidates everything they say! You can also try calling it an obsession.
[/quote]

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1338354651' post='2974393']
Yes, similar opinions are common when a party line is trotted out which uses a rather inept analogy and it seems Cuba has drank the Kool-Aid. Shame. I used to like him.

Irony overload given the circumstances of Cuba's departure from his former alliance, though.

Also, I hate being called a "clingy-ex" when I joined the alliance before it became popular to join and was actually struggling and was at the head of it for years that surpass your rather short tenure. I do know the hatchet job on the one individual who indisputably invested the most effort into the alliance out of anyone has to be rationalized somehow. Play it off as "clingy ex, and it'll make all the relevant facts go away, am I right?
[/quote]

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1338355912' post='2974407']
See, while I realize that analogy is convenient for you and helps you sleep at night, it implies that there was reciprocity at some point. I'll slant it my direction as an alternative. I see it this way: builder and squatters currently inhabiting the building. The squatters don't really care since they get the full benefits of the builder's work, but the builder isn't really happy with the outcome.
[/quote]

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1338370649' post='2974478']
This is taking too long, Voytek. Bring it on.

edit: guess he's not going to finish his post

Anyway, I guess this is overall disappointing, but I kind of get the external motivation, unfortunately. I used to have a high opinion of Symphony, and I can't say it remains the same given the circumstances, not that they care. I wonder if they ever inquired as to what the motives behind something they discount as a "personal vendetta" are.

OOC: If we're going to talk about deranged, Cuba, maybe you want to check on your boyfriends at MK and their facebook activities. I mean making accounts to specifically harass people is the epitome of awesome, though, am I right?
[/quote]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/218eU.gif[/img]

Oh, hi again Roq.

Edited by threefingeredguy

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1338354051' post='2974383']
Vendetta aside he has a point. For as much as Lusitan would love to roll certain alliances this is certainly a head scratching development.

Oh well!
[/quote]

I'm shocked too that my personal agenda does not dictate Umbrella's actions. That said, you'll have to explain me which alliances you think I'd love to roll.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1338392570' post='2974541']
next time we sign a treaty we'll start it as a NAP and upgrade it once a week until it's an MDoAP (i'm thinking NAP-PIAT-ODP-ODOAP-MDP-MDoAP) and see how many Roq posts we can collect.

Over/under on 100?
[/quote]
100 per upgrade

Edited by Baltus

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1338392570' post='2974541']
next time we sign a treaty we'll start it as a NAP and upgrade it once a week until it's an MDoAP (i'm thinking NAP-PIAT-ODP-ODOAP-MDP-MDoAP) and see how many Roq posts we can collect.

Over/under on 100?
[/quote]
I think you should start with a mutual recognition of existence. Too often these days in our rush to make friends we forget to acknowledge others even exist.

Guh, here I am on page 5. Of course this is announced on 2 days I'm rather distracted.

Anyway, I'm absolutely overjoyed at the announcement of this treaty. It's been a long time coming (for me, since I wanted this the day Symphony was founded). I'm absolutely excited by the prospect of working side by side with you gents and I'm honored to call you my friends and allies.

[spoiler][img]http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/haters-gonna-hate-13.jpg[/img][/spoiler]

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1338379566' post='2974499']
you know what majik is like, livin' on the edge!

except it was and he was making a tongue in cheek remark. keep trying though.
[/quote]

That's not what arexes means. He means that it's shared between more than one person and he's not necessarily referring to majik's post. Given you have admitted to it in the past and it was recently revealed again, lol.

Yes, treefinguy, you're so cool with the whole "don't care approach." I mean it seriously makes up for the fact that you weren't even keeping up with current events in the weeks leading up to your original election.

I mean, with such solid credentials, it truly shows the quality of present Umbrella leadership.

"I generally don't care about anything and am unaware of anything that happens outside/inside of my alliance, of course I'd make a perfect choice for VP."

I guess he might have spent some time at the Chief Savage Man school of messing up back collects.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1338401631' post='2974602']
Yeah a grave offense.

Like that other time you freaked out because I accepted a tech deal from Impero when I couldn't find an Umbrella buyer.

Captain of Rationality here
[/quote]

Or that time you sat someone's nation and left it with 20 days of bills.

I mean iirc you weren't supposed to be doing tech deals at the time at all since it messed with the back collect.

Back to the main point, I guess apathy is the right sentiment to describe Umbrella with given the current leadership of the alliance.

I'm surprised treefinguy cared enough to come out of his rathole to post and even enough to make a .gif to show how much he doesn't care.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='white majik' timestamp='1338351835' post='2974366']
We have to go to war with Valhalla again. Only after we fight them can we sign a treaty. Everyone knows this

[/quote]

I won't hold my breath waiting, though I wouldn't mind another round. It was fun. Besides, third time lucky! (lol)

Also hi :P

Regarding the treaty, congratulations on what looks to be an excellent pairing.