No posts, I shan't post
I shan't post, I shan't post
But I'm here in our thread
I am here in our thread
But there’s a million different trolls
from one post to the next
They can't change my mind
No, no, no, no, no, no, no

That's about as musical as i can get, glad to see this :)
[/quote]

I'm glad you're still doing the poems. Doesn't top the Christmas one, though.

edit: Interested in what JA has on arexes can't really be good though or else it would have been used already.

Edited by Roquentin

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to point out that this treaty brought me from zero to fifty really fast on the amount of people trying to tell me things. Thought it was rather interesting to note, the gossip was unleashed.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1338415001' post='2974719']

edit: Interested in what JA has on arexes can't really be good though or else it would have been used already.
[/quote]
But that would be spoiling it then, and you don't want to ruin a good surprise do you?

I mean, it's just mostly now that arexes is tri again and his alliance's position hasn't weakened recently and has been bolstered by the FOK merge-in, there's not much anything could do at this point. I mean, no one's going to cancel on NG over it or anything.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1338415001' post='2974719']

[/quote]

it hasn't been used because I have one thing that you and arexes don't.

Hm, I'm not sure how to take that. I do know you're a pushover, but a spine is something you're lacking not something you have that others don't. I guess not all of us are as capable of bending over as you, though, so flexibility? I don't know.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1338417032' post='2974759']
you appear to have some kind of obsession with the idea of me bending over. It's getting a bit creepy, would you knock it off?
[/quote]

I mean, you don't really believe that. I guess we could go with a jellyfish or some other form of inveterbrae.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1338413240' post='2974699']
The thing is, it wasn't really my intention until I got called out on doing that.

I didn't make the "Let's get something straight" thread Roqcentric despite my name being in the op, so idk or the moon bases ones and I haven't really been posting in general as of late. Rush said "welcome back" even.
[/quote]

doesn't matter what the intention is, I'm just saying if you want to accomplish anything, ur doin' it wrong. You probably only strengthen MK/Umb/NG/TLR/whoever you want to take down in the process out of sheer annoyance from overposting. And like RV, you've become a bit of a punch-line, but unlike RV, not in a very good way. Just sayin' if you want some advice on your little crusade.

Jellyfish Apocalypse has a nice ring to it though..

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1338418082' post='2974773']
doesn't matter what the intention is, I'm just saying if you want to accomplish anything, ur doin' it wrong. You probably only strengthen MK/Umb/NG/TLR/whoever you want to take down in the process out of sheer annoyance from overposting. And like RV, you've become a bit of a punch-line, but unlike RV, not in a very good way. Just sayin' if you want some advice on your little crusade.

Jellyfish Apocalypse has a nice ring to it though..
[/quote]

Meh, to be honest, I don't really agree with the assessment. No one will decide their FA path on posting on these forums. They're entirely irrelevant to what anyone actually does. It's either in their interests to oppose the alliances in question at some point or another or it isn't. I don't really anticipate more alliances signing treaties with that grouping or deciding to do x, y, z, based on my posting either way, because that'd be stupid. I mean if annoyance from overposting is going to stagnate things permanently, I'm not sure what to think.

Ultimately, I'm reliant on a large enough independent grouping existing at some point, and I'm not particularly worried as far as the long-run goes. Sure, there might be a lot of time left to go, but I'm stubborn enough to see it through.

If I actually expected people to make FA choices based on a "crusade" of sorts, man, I'd really be screwed since there'd be no reason to expect anyone to act accordingly regardless of . Persuasion via reasoning is limited in the arena of numbers and consequently people are more critical of me than they are of those who have them on their side. I have never expected people to mobilize because of anything that is solely related to me, rather broader general issues that affect them in some way.

Of course, if you could actually make something happen like that via rhetorical dominance, that would be awesome, but there is no one who will go either way based on posting. It's at best an excuse. "Boy I'd really do something if Roq wasn't posting so much" is a load of crap.

The issue I have with this level of criticism, is that a certain alliance has a massive OWF posting machine and no one bothers to compete with it. Responding to jabs with jabs is seen as classless, but it makes no sense since jabs have become an established thing for the grouping to do. Might as well stop using the forums if you're letting the other side shout you down.

The arguments I've put forth stand on their own and they're not anything anyone didn't know before. It's always been disappointing that people turn blind eyes to stuff or don't take valid arguments into account, but rhetoric or logical reasoning has never won a battle around here.

The power dynamics don't really allow for a permanent reign of a particular grouping if there is anyone outside of it at any point.

It was frequently brought up that Vox pushed people away or whatever, but I never saw political action at the time being limited by whatever Vox was doing. it was simply a group of people within one of the blocs decided to coalition build against an alliance that was deemed invincible.

This isn't an election campaign and passive support does me no good. Like someone saying "I would agree with you in *theory*"

I'm not really interested in that.

edit: I guess the thing is a lot of the sentiment that motivates observation on your post is based on how people respond intuitively to overposting.

I don't think over the course of history on this planet that intuitions have been proven to be the right thing act on. Silver-tongued politicians that promised people the world earned great praise, only to disappoint. I prefer being direct and letting actions stand for themselves.

There's also the whole thing about people complaining about the forums/etc. being boring and !@#$ting on one of the few active posters. it's pretty !@#$@#$ dumb since I don't think people realize how inactive these forums are for the size of the community. There are alliance forums with more daily activity than this, so it's not me overposting necessarily, it's the forums being deserted in terms of posts.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1338353758' post='2974379']

Of course, I'm not going to be shy about not liking Umbrella, though.

[/quote]

It's cool, man. I stopped by to clean the ol' thing up. It seems like the last guy left a big mess on his way out, though...

[quote name='ochocinco' timestamp='1338420621' post='2974815']
It's cool, man. I stopped by to clean the ol' thing up. It seems like the last guy left a big mess on his way out, though...
[/quote]

Good thing I wasn't the last guy. :P

I don't even really get why you came back at all, though, given your reasons for leaving to begin with years ago(Oh wow, it's actually been 3 years) and Johnny liked to say I had been gone for a long time lol

I can only say the overall landscape hasn't gotten better. Rip van Winkle and nothing at all is the same.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1338420775' post='2974818']
Good thing I wasn't the last guy. :P

I don't even really get why you came back at all, though, given your reasons for leaving to begin with years ago(Oh wow, it's actually been 3 years) and Johnny liked to say I had been gone for a long time lol

I can only say the overall landscape hasn't gotten better. Rip van Winkle and nothing at all is the same.
[/quote]

I don't really remember why I left anyway. Probably blogduc or something.

[quote name='ochocinco' timestamp='1338421429' post='2974824']
I don't really remember why I left anyway. Probably blogduc or something.
[/quote]

No, that was the first time you left in 2008.

I'm sure mrcalkin or someone else can refresh your memory.

If you're sincere about cleaning it up, best of luck to you. I doubt it, though.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1338408671' post='2974652']
We both know you are not speaking the truth. Listen, I don't give a rat's ass about your alliance or this treaty but when you are trying to downplay your feelings (and the plans) about a certain alliance you are at the wrong address.
[/quote][quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1338414003' post='2974707']
We also both know that you've not been entirely truthful with the people you tried to sell us out to so cut the !@#$.

And I hope you know that IRC also logs the things which you say as well as what other people say, I got some real good stuff on you.
[/quote][quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1338415596' post='2974724']
I just wanted to point out that this treaty brought me from zero to fifty really fast on the amount of people trying to tell me things. Thought it was rather interesting to note, the gossip was unleashed.
[/quote]
Will someone go ahead and dish already; they're turning blue!

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1338416708' post='2974754']
Hm, I'm not sure how to take that. I do know you're a pushover..
[/quote]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/vEN6C.gif[/img]

Are you serious?

Edited by Xiphosis

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1338426301' post='2974860']
Will someone go ahead and dish already; they're turning blue!
[/quote]
To avoid repeating it explicitly since I've been told it's not a good idea, I'll just say zoom was the first to post about what arexes was alluding to. I don't know what JA has on arexes though.

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1338426498' post='2974863']
[img]i.imgur.com/vEN6C.gif[/img]

Are you serious?
[/quote]

Yes, based on closer interaction than you've had. I don't really see a need to rehash the reasons I hold that position. Maybe Myth can clue you in.

domisi was initially willing to admit it, even. The unfortunate thing I ended up learning was that domisi's positions or apologies aren't representative of the alliance.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Jake Liebenow' timestamp='1338427242' post='2974871']
I'll be honest, I thought Symphony merged with someone ages ago. But I'm really glad they didn't.
[/quote]

Maybe thinking of The Brigade? I've made that mistake once or twice.

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1338427657' post='2974880']
Maybe thinking of The Brigade? I've made that mistake once or twice.
[/quote]

Nah, I just haven't seen nor heard from them in ages. When that's the case, I normally assume the worst.