Announcement from Pandora's Box

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1334800743' post='2955570']
How on earth is that commendable?

"I want the little guys to beg for mercy."

Commendable? Wrong choice of words.
[/quote]

No one is calling Kaskus/Mongols little guys... they definitely have our respect and will not be begging for mercy. All they have to do is pay the 170 mil and that's it...

Its commendable because it was never about the money. Please find some random GOON quote about our love of reps to make me a liar :awesome:

So why are we fighting?
It has always been about aiding a raid target which GOONS see it as an act of war. It has been about their pathetic attempt at the Mercy Board which instead of being funny was just plain insulting.... And for good measure I'll add in we must defed ourselves against the Sword Alliance!!! We fear his posts...

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, out of all this there has been one good thing out of the DoW on us.

The fact we can now talk to people who dont criticise us for being who we are ooc and for how bad we speak in English.

I thank you, GOONs, for bringing good natured people into your crusade, it beats talking to asshats all day.

[quote name='Lord Caparo' timestamp='1334820654' post='2955689']

The fact we can now talk to people who dont criticise us for being who we are ooc and for how bad we speak in English.

I thank you, GOONs, for bringing good natured people into your crusade, it beats talking to asshats all day.
[/quote]

Didn't you claim to Australian earlier?

Now GOONS can sit on their ass and do nothing, as they have their allies beat the snot out of Kaskus/Mongols until they agree to give them reps.

A very brave and honorable stance from GOONS to keep this fight going. /sarcasm

[/quote]

Hey man, this hurts my feelings. :(

[/quote]

Hi Razorade :3

I hope we can sort this war out soon. We need Kaskus to rebuild so they are ready to hit NG again in Octobet.

Edited by Stewie

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1334826477' post='2955697']
Didn't you claim to Australian earlier?
[/quote]

Is he wearing thongs, an aussie flag tied around his neck like a superman cape with a bundy and coke in one hand and a hot shiela in the other?... if so yes he is indeed an aussie :awesome:

[quote name='Stewie' timestamp='1334838232' post='2955724']
Hi Razorade :3

I hope we can sort this war out soon. We need Kaskus to rebuild so they are ready to hit NG again in [b]Octobet[/b].
[/quote]

Hah, they will never get to attack you with your make up months. Saving your own skin aye?

[quote name='dunhill2071' timestamp='1334819395' post='2955686']So why are we fighting?
It has been about their pathetic attempt at the Mercy Board which instead of being funny was just plain insulting.... [/quote]

If you don't want pathetic response, don't give pathetic assignments. Or at the very least, rename the "Mercy Board" the the "Beg for Mercy You Worm Board" or something to that affect to make it clear what you expect from the beginning.

[quote name='dunhill2071' timestamp='1334819395' post='2955686']And for good measure I'll add in we must defed ourselves against the Sword Alliance!!! We fear his posts...
[/quote]

Okay, you have a point on that one.

[quote name='Stewie' timestamp='1334838232' post='2955724']
We need Kaskus to rebuild so they are ready to hit NG again in Octobet.
[/quote]

Like lol. Good luck with that. I don't think that there will be peace in the coming month, I don't see why there should be peace. Everybody is having a nice time :awesome:

[quote name='BombaAriba' timestamp='1334845887' post='2955745']
Like lol. Good luck with that. I don't think that there will be peace in the coming month, I don't see why there should be peace. Everybody is having a nice time :awesome:
[/quote]

Except for the peanut gallery that has to endure entirely too many threads on the matter. :awesome:

[quote name='dunhill2071' timestamp='1334819395' post='2955686']
No one is calling Kaskus/Mongols little guys... they definitely have our respect and will not be begging for mercy. All they have to do is pay the 170 mil and that's it... [/quote]

But you and your allies are losing that amount daily. If you are insisting this is about principle, there isn't one. So you are needlessly continuing a war against an enemy that laughs at losses because...?

I'm going to go with stubbornness. Clearly it's not about pounding down "little guys", you lost about 2 mill NS in the past 30 days (likely more if we're not including any "volunteers" that might be on your AA). That's the very definition of swinging a hammer to hit a nail and hitting your thumb instead. Oh eventually you'll hit the nail instead enough times to get it into the board, but the price you're paying... :rolleyes:

[quote]Its commendable because it was never about the money. Please find some random GOON quote about our love of reps to make me a liar :awesome: [/quote]

By insisting on 170 mil, you are absolutely making it about the money.

[quote]So why are we fighting?[/quote]

Actually, everyone here on the sidelines is wondering that ourselves...your love of state sponsored raiding? Your insistence that your raid targets beg for mercy and do it "right" or face further retribution? No, it's not about that at all. Oh yeah I know the image I have in mind...

[img]http://affordablehousinginstitute.org/blogs/us/wp-content/uploads/donkey-braying-small.jpg[/img]

[quote name='White Chocolate' timestamp='1334843665' post='2955739']
If you don't want pathetic response, don't give pathetic assignments. Or at the very least, rename the "Mercy Board" the the "Beg for Mercy You Worm Board" or something to that affect to make it clear what you expect from the beginning.
[/quote]
I think they expect to not be insulted when a party makes a mistake. Also the Mercy Board has been there and operating under the same guidelines for years. The rules are pinned and are available for all requesting mercy. Also, it blatantly states that:

[quote]
Disappoint us and you will be destroyed.

Remember, we're under no obligation to fit into your schedule. We'd love to hear all about your drama or your comments about how any of this is unfair, but it's not going to help your case. Try to be coherent; most of us speak English, so do us a solid and make sure the things you say are readable. Don't make multiple threads. Don't complain about the terms of either surrender or peace, and don't try to come up with your own terms rather than meet ours. Play nice and we'll all get along.[/quote]

Obviously Courland didn't play nice and GOONS was disappointed. Since they were disappointed, the victim must now be destroyed. :war:

[quote name='Baltus' timestamp='1334873305' post='2955905']
I think they expect to not be insulted when a party makes a mistake. Also the Mercy Board has been there and operating under the same guidelines for years. The rules are pinned and are available for all requesting mercy.

Obviously Courland didn't play nice and GOONS was disappointed. Since they were disappointed, the victim must now be destroyed. :war:
[/quote]

Courland ≠ Bitburg

Please do not besmirch my name by attributing that abomination to me. Although, to be fair to Lord Bitburg, it was an honest attempt to avoid peace in a style he thought they would enjoy. I think two of the GOONS summed it up best:

[quote='Lex Quintus']This strikes me sort of like something you'd get from your friend's annoying little brother, who's been staying up with the big kids and is all hopped up on sugar and artificial colors. A mite frantic and desperate, but...

Still it's a response.[/quote]

[quote='Sardonic']It's kind of a cluster$%&@, but at least they tried :frogbon:

As ever, Beefstupid as the arbiter makes the call.[/quote]

Which brings me to another point...

Allies of GOONS, do you really want to leave multi-billion dollar war decisions in the fur coated hands of Beefstupid? Sardonic, yes. But Beefstupid? Really?

The guy is barely able to cope with his online dating account*, let alone be counted on to make competent decisions in an alliance war. For God's sakes PB, you may one day find yourself in an unanticipated war with IRON because he couldn't get a pint of Cherry Garcia after a particularly tough night of incompatibility notices.

[size="1"]* - through his nation's Internet Wonder, of course.[/size]

Edited by Courland

[quote name='Baltus' timestamp='1334873305' post='2955905']
I think they expect to not be insulted when a party makes a mistake. Also the Mercy Board has been there and operating under the same guidelines for years. The rules are pinned and are available for all requesting mercy. Also, it blatantly states that:

Obviously Bitburg (fixed it to match Courland's correction above) didn't play nice and GOONS was disappointed. Since they were disappointed, the victim must now be destroyed. :war:
[/quote]

Seeing you are a member of VE gov (but internal gov ops), is it your sense that the rest of your government also defends the GOONS so called "mercy" process? Because, you know... it's been a quite a few pages back, but your sovereign already has made it clear, and very forcefully so, that the Viridian Entente does not concern itself with how or why this war started.

If you want to revise your comments before he reads what you wrote, I can be an understanding person.

[quote name='Phineas' timestamp='1334878378' post='2955938']
Seeing you are a member of VE gov (but internal gov ops), is it your sense that the rest of your government also defends the GOONS so called "mercy" process? Because, you know... it's been a quite a few pages back, but your sovereign already has made it clear, and very forcefully so, that the Viridian Entente does not concern itself with how or why this war started.

If you want to revise your comments before he reads what you wrote, I can be an understanding person.
[/quote]
VE much like GOONS is another alliance which should of stayed dead after they disbanded and can't be expected to make any smart decisions on their own. They don't care who is right or wrong when they jump into a war, nor do they care if those they sign treaties with are good or bad alliances. If the original VE had any ideals beyond their stats, they certainly didn't carry over in the reformed version of VE. Expecting any good decision making or expecting them to attempt to understand a situation before they jump into it is expecting to much from them.

How dare you insult these Zombie alliances and how they go to war for their bloc without thinking?

You are correct though, and we do have to remind ourselves that even the old VE was not as chaste as some would have us believe either. But at least they usually did their whoring in Marriotts and Hiltons instead of roach motels like Pandora's box.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1334878874' post='2955939']
VE much like GOONS is another alliance which should of stayed dead after they disbanded and can't be expected to make any smart decisions on their own. They don't care who is right or wrong when they jump into a war, nor do they care if those they sign treaties with are good or bad alliances. If the original VE had any ideals beyond their stats, they certainly didn't carry over in the reformed version of VE. Expecting any good decision making or expecting them to attempt to understand a situation before they jump into it is expecting to much from them.
[/quote]
Original VE signed an MADP with NPO because it was impressed by NPO's reconstruction after GWI and the resulting propaganda about the Pacifican Bank. Your elevation of the pre-GCW Viridia to insult the present alliance is misguided at best. She is as she has always been, merely flavored by the Lord of the day.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1334884246' post='2955984']Your elevation of the pre-GCW Viridia to insult the present alliance is misguided at best. She is as she has always been, merely flavored by the Lord of the day.
[/quote]
Certainly, but some things can be relied upon...

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1277010553' post='2343435']
[b]So you admit to being an opportunist coward?[/b]

Yep. Remember when I wrote "all other things came second" earlier? Pride and honor are included in "other things". They were tools to be used, not ends to be reached. Make no mistake, however, both form the core ideals of Viridia and I've caught plenty of flak from Viridians for not embodying them entirely during my administration. Hell, I caught flak at the time.[/quote]

Edited by Schattenmann