Will the Real Ragnarok Please stand up?

Yukon Don

[quote name='Baltus' timestamp='1328240011' post='2913559']
YOUR BOARDS ARE GOING TO BE GOOD IN LIKE AN HOUR - bros is fixing them

It seems that there is an issue with their forums. I wonder if it's the same anonymous attacker from last time!
[/quote]

nah I was trying to reinstall their mods.

but was unable to because they didn't grant my account certain required permissions

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Bill Wallace' timestamp='1328295414' post='2913905']
Bob and Joe did indeed offer up Kait and if I remember correctly, Ardus called them out on it as a poor attempt to hang with the "cool kids". Didn't stop MK from going after Kait, but at least they made it clear that though the sacrificial lamb was a nice gift, it was in no way going to change anything.

Whether the coup was legal or right to do, do any of you really care? [b]The fact is Bob misplayed a bad hand, it blew up in his face,[/b] and Ragnarok still exists, albeit as a stumbling and bumbling AA right now, but they are still here, and that makes some of us happy for obvious reasons.
[/quote]

Bolded part is the point. RoK was in a terrible situation. At least Bob tried to make something of it and save the alliance (I know, MK didn't threaten them, I mean down the road). Ya, it didn't work. But it was an attempt to garner some form of political support or reputation.

[quote name='Bill Wallace' timestamp='1328295414' post='2913905']
Bob and Joe did indeed offer up Kait and if I remember correctly, Ardus called them out on it as a poor attempt to hang with the "cool kids". Didn't stop MK from going after Kait, but at least they made it clear that though the sacrificial lamb was a nice gift, it was in no way going to change anything.

Whether the coup was legal or right to do, do any of you really care? The fact is Bob misplayed a bad hand, it blew up in his face, and Ragnarok still exists, albeit as a stumbling and bumbling AA right now, but they are still here, and that makes some of us happy for obvious reasons.
[/quote]
hmmm something I agree with here. Lord have mercy im agreeing with bill wallace this situation is indeed a turbulent one.

[quote name='Systemfailure' timestamp='1328268625' post='2913739']

2)MK had a bone to pick with kait so they were more then willing to "help" out, although i doubt rok actually approached MK and said "hey help us out" its more like MK approached rok and said "we want to roll her, are you going to try and stop us?"
[/quote]

Part of my confusion stems from how MK knew she was vunerable? Then again, Bros is admin on the forums, so he may have just read the resignation post.

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1328276708' post='2913762']
Joe and Bob asked MK to help with ghost-busting. Elaborate on the issue.
[/quote]

But why? There must have been Rokkers in range, and generally it's pretty embarassing to have to get help to ghostbust/deal with a rogue, so why would they just up and ask MK to help out? I mean asking an ally makes sense, but some random AA?

Edit: NVM, the answer was provided in various posts between yours and this one. I still don't see how getting someone unconnected to you in any way to help with a ghost problem was a good idea, but hey what do I know.

Edited by berbers

[quote name='berbers' timestamp='1328308449' post='2914031']
Part of my confusion stems from how MK knew she was vunerable? Then again, Bros is admin on the forums, so he may have just read the resignation post.
[/quote]
eh? their emperor told us we could attack the nation. we didn't need a blow-by-blow account of (no doubt [i]fascinating[/i]) internal RoK affairs.

[/quote]

Are you really going to attempt to attack the one person who has on a number of occasions stepped up and helped alliances with their forums? If you think bros had anything to do with MK attacking KK you have obviously punched your ticket to the funny farm. This actually quite pisses me the #@$% off, that you would make such an accusation without supporting evidence, on a player who has been awarded the nicest player in the game award on a number of occasions, and who sits out of political affairs for the most part, unless forum destruction is involved, and then he steps up and helps out. When the entire cyberverse was making fun of UPN and the peggy sue crap, bros still went out of his way to set back up their forums.

Also, try reading the DAMN thread. It has been said numerous times that Bob and Joe came to the embassy and offered up a sacrifice and gave the ok for hits on KK and Hoo. So, MK prob knew KK was vulnerable because Bob and Joe said that SHE WAS NO LONGER A MEMBER OF ROK!

Jesus Christ

[/quote]
You take that the $%&@ back right now. I'll be $%&@ed before I let anyone insult bros after everything he's done for us and a whole bunch of alliances in this world.

[/quote]

Yes, of course, I must've spied on them!

What you wish to believe is usually not the answer.

Separate yourself from the situation for a second and give it an objective analysis. Look at my history with the administration of the forums of other alliances. If you ask any of them, after I set up their boards, unless the alliance in question sets up an arrangement with me to actively administrate their forums, I do not log into their forums or do any administrative activities (outside of upgrading them to the newest version of their forum software). If you have any issues with me or the way I help alliances, we can discuss it on IRC.

[/quote]
Dude, I hope the whole world rolls you for that stupid !@#$ you just posted.

[quote name='Valtamdraugr' timestamp='1328284509' post='2913795']
Hi guys, yes I've been avoiding you all, my apologies.

The fact is.. Bob did not ask MK for help with a ghost... he offered Kait up as a "sacrifice" which, if following accepted definitions, is either an offering to a diety (I hope not, Bob).. or the giving of something highly valued in exchange for some of even higher value or something exchanged at a reduced value and therefore a loss.

Unless a ghost is highly valued in Bob's eye, I'm going to assume that it was the second definition that Bob was running with.

The term "ghost" did not surface until after Bob was confronted on the issue.
[/quote]

Or the use of the word "sacrifice" was intended as an attempted clever alliteration.

[/quote]
[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-faeaYqkRxYA/Tr13AnfqX7I/AAAAAAAAAEY/zx0p1x_1x10/s1600/jackie-chan-meme_reasonably_small.png[/img]

Did you read this thread at all?

[/quote]
Uh, read thread [i]then[/i] post ;)

Edit: I don't think these events are disputed by either side.

Edited by Sir Humphrey

Im going to attempt to address what Bob and Joe may have meant by trying to save RoK by ousting KK.

I do not speak on this matter lightly, I speak on it from experience. Towards the end of the last war, I served as Regent of Athens. The war drug on far longer than any of us would have liked it to, and as such, war weariness all but crippled our interest in it. Throughout all the peace mode staring, and making of mean faces at those we declared war on, our beloved emperor , Rsoxbronco1, was sucked into another reality(some of you call this RL), and he all but disappeared. This essentially left me running Athens. Except, really, at the end of the day, I wasnt. Londo had higher access to the milcom structure of the coalition than I did, as our MoD, and quite frankly as a much more heavyweight name than myself in the realms of CN. It came to pass, several weeks later, that Londo himself became extremely disgruntled with the war dragging on (who could blame him), and he sought to go out and make his own fun. Some of you may remember this as THRILLER. He picked up, and left our alliance, while at war, and while serving as MoD. Several members also picked up and went with him , despite us still being technically at war with 3 alliances. This left me with literally myself and Voodoo in gov. The fact that so many members , and without a doubt, our single most important person (the FOUNDER for Gods sake), could leave as a group, and just assume when their little role was played out in Thriller, they would just be permitted to come back, and resume their life, made me sort of ill. It became clear, that Athens was ALWAYS going to be Londo, and Londo's alone. No matter who held the title. Most people, flying the Athens flag, would follow him in nearly anything he wanted (and not without good reason, I would never presume to downplay what he did for the alliance.) However, for better or worse, Athens was my ship. And it was a sinking ship. Not because of inactivity, as so many people like to claim. We still held activity levels better than well over 75% of the alliances on this planet. Rather, it was sinking, because it was Londo's. And Londo wasnt there. My title was meaningless. While I was able to talk almost EVERYONE down from leaving the alliance, because I had banned Londo's return, and essentially declared him a war criminal (which in my mind, he was), I still was not the "leader."

People in Athens genuinely liked, and respect me. However, the LOVED, and revered Londo. Athens was never EVER going to not be Londo's. It just wasnt. The only chance WE as a group had of staying together, was to purge Londo. It was NOT easy for me. Londo is a friend. We fight more than most friends, but both IC and OOC, I literally love the guy. Athens was doomed to die without Londo, because Londo WAS Athens. Ragnarok? Yeah, even now, RoK is Hoo and Kaitlin. This is indisputable. Bob and Joe, in order to ever be able to NOT just be babysitting Hoo's alliance, needed to somehow make the break away from Hoo and KK. For Athens, its survival lay in the merger with GR and LOST. Im guessing for RoK, their survival under Joe and Bob, was likely going to be under another name, or a massive restructure. Many of you may HATE what Bob and Joe did. I understand that. However, having lived what they had done (I actively encouraged Janax from Argent to roll Thriller, and made it publicly clear that I would do nothing to help Londo and friends if they did), I can empathize with them. Leading an alliance, when you are powerless to overcome the iconic presence of the one face that the alliance will ALWAYS be related to, is not a fun , or easy situation. I dont know that Joe and Bob were right. I know that I would have done exactly what they did.

Sorry for the wall of text, but the nuances of this, bring back some bad memories for me. Dont judge Bob and Joe too harshly, afterall, how do you defeat a deity?

Edited by Rush Sykes

[quote name='Roadie' timestamp='1328316415' post='2914140']
Through all of this drama, bros has proven he is more concerned with the secrecy of Roks matters than Rok is.
[/quote]
bros is really a rok spy in MK, i thought that was public knowledge? :tinfoil:

[quote]Sorry for the wall of text, but the nuances of this, bring back some bad memories for me. Dont judge Bob and Joe too harshly, afterall, how do you defeat a deity?
[/quote]

I would suggest removing his rings and bracelets, then watch him fade away into dust.

[quote name='bros2' timestamp='1328313033' post='2914096']
Yes, of course, I must've spied on them!

What you wish to believe is usually not the answer.

Separate yourself from the situation for a second and give it an objective analysis. Look at my history with the administration of the forums of other alliances. If you ask any of them, after I set up their boards, unless the alliance in question sets up an arrangement with me to actively administrate their forums, I do not log into their forums or do any administrative activities (outside of upgrading them to the newest version of their forum software). If you have any issues with me or the way I help alliances, we can discuss it on IRC.
[/quote]

I apologize if you took that as me accusing you of spying, I didn't think the resignation post was something confidential, I just figured you may have seen it if you were on their forums and told someone else. I didn't in any way think you were spying on RoK which at least 6 angry replies have insuated :D

I actually think it's pretty cool that you take the time to help other AA's.

Edit: Someone else mentioned in this thread that it was posted in the public IRC channel, so my question has been answered

Edited by berbers

[quote name='berbers' timestamp='1328319490' post='2914168']
I apologize if you took that as me accusing you of spying, I didn't think the resignation post was something confidential, I just figured you may have seen it if you were on their forums and told someone else. I didn't in any way think you were spying on RoK which at least 6 angry replies have insuated :D

I actually think it's pretty cool that you take the time to help other AA's.

Edit: Someone else mentioned in this thread that it was posted in the public IRC channel, so my question has been answered
[/quote]

~ThE bAcKpEdDlE~

I suggest you put a little thought into how you're saying something next time.

Edited by Emperor Marx

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1328316240' post='2914137']
Sorry for the wall of text, but the nuances of this, bring back some bad memories for me. Dont judge Bob and Joe too harshly, afterall, how do you defeat a deity?
[/quote]
That's a very solid point, and one that I don't (and never did) blame Bob or Joe for. They had to break the cult, or it would always be Hoo's Rok. Sadly for their alliance, it blew up in their faces.

[quote name='Emperor Marx' timestamp='1328320472' post='2914187']
~ThE bAcKpEdDlE~

I suggest you put a little thought into how you're saying something next time.
[/quote]

All I can say is that I am not a subtle poster, if I wanted to accuse him of spying it would have been more overt.

I can see however with the tone of this thread and my earlier posts how it could be seen as that, so I wanted to clarify.