The FIT Initiative

Chief Savage Man

The FIT Initiative aims to reduce the harmful inflation of tech by discouraging offering or accepting tech deals at a rate of less than 3 million per 100 tech. Some people will tell you that 3/50 is a good idea. Those people are morons and are in bad alliances that suck. We ask each alliance in CN to make proposing these tech deals a bannable offense in their IRC channels. So far #umbrella, #ve and #paradox have this policy. Your alliance should too!

Join the FIT Initiative today.

Channels On Board:
#umbrella
#ve
#paradox
#nongrata
#mushroom

Edited by Chief Savage Man

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oppressing the masses! Killing the game! Exploiting the small nations! Doomhouse and Pandora's Box are just trying to cement their hegemony!
I never get the chance to get in a thread and yell things like this first, so i decided to take the chance. It was actually cathartic, in every sense of the term.

Edited by Vanilla Napalm

For a nation with 6 slots, you're looking at 600 vs 450 tech every 30 days, compared to aid outputs to new members of $18m vs $27m. Factoring in the cost of tech at the most efficient rates for these young nations, the cash they collectively walk away with is $9,348,973.80 every 30 days vs $20,511,730.35 every 30 days. That is over double the money that can be spent on building up a new nation, at a cost of settling for 75% tech inflow efficiency.

A -stated reason- that so many new players leave this game so early, an explicit reason from many new players and potential players (people who I am in contact with constantly, leading an alliance of this nature) is that they feel hopeless to "catch up" to the big nations. So wouldn't it make sense to help them out, make them feel as though they can maybe get somewhere in the game? For just 50 tech every 10 days, you can make a child's wish come true.

TL;DR: $3m/100t is killing the game.

Edit: Damnit, Vanilla.

My math is still true however.

Edited by HeroofTime55

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1326723027' post='2900869']
For a nation with 6 slots, you're looking at 600 vs 450 tech every 30 days, compared to aid outputs to new members of $18m vs $27m. Factoring in the cost of tech at the most efficient rates for these young nations, the cash they collectively walk away with is $9,348,973.80 every 30 days vs $20,511,730.35 every 30 days. That is over double the money that can be spent on building up a new nation, at a cost of settling for 75% tech inflow efficiency.

A -stated reason- that so many new players leave this game so early, an explicit reason from many new players and potential players (people who I am in contact with constantly, leading an alliance of this nature) is that they feel hopeless to "catch up" to the big nations. So wouldn't it make sense to help them out, make them feel as though they can maybe get somewhere in the game? For just 50 tech every 10 days, you can make a child's wish come true.

TL;DR: $3m/100t is killing the game.

Edit: Damnit, Vanilla.

My math is still true however.
[/quote]

The thing is, your boys will grow up fast and might not have an adequate supply of sellers unless you are able to maintain high recruitment levels, so long term, their growth may actually be gimped.

Like with NpO, they boost pretty much everyone to 5k and nukes and then have a shortage of tech sellers.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1326724689' post='2900883']
The thing is, your boys will grow up fast and might not have an adequate supply of sellers unless you are able to maintain high recruitment levels, so long term, their growth may actually be gimped.

Like with NpO, they boost pretty much everyone to 5k and nukes and then have a shortage of tech sellers.
[/quote]
This is true, from the perspective of the alliance as a whole, that a shortage of sellers may occur, and is one of the minor flaws in the idea of caring for the younger and smaller nations. I do disagree strongly however that accelerating their growth somehow will stifle their growth, as if the rigid gains they make don't count or something. I choose to generally not screw our younger members. Also, if $3/50 becomes the standard, tech selling will be profitable for longer, and nations will be encouraged to keep selling at later development stages. Can't really calculate at the moment where the cutoff for that is, but it surely goes up a bit when they are making double the money.

For UE, at least, we can keep recruitment rates up easily. We just got another 35 members over the course of a 4 day recruitment spree. As far as tech, we sell at both rates, since our members are free to do as they please. Depends on who's feeling more generous between the seller and the buyer that particular day, and it seems to work out just fine.

Edited by HeroofTime55

[quote name='xoindotnler' timestamp='1326728653' post='2900905']
I heard some people do 6/50 deals these days. Shees you have making a profit, and completely ripping of the buyer.
[/quote]
The only real issue I see with a tech slowdown like this is the potential difficulties in playing tech "catch up" with the high rollers.

Hell, the people at the top should honestly be encouraging a slow down, since all that matters is the relative tech levels, and alliances like Umbrella already have tech supremacy. A massive tech slowdown would lock that victory in place.

[quote name='xoindotnler' timestamp='1326728653' post='2900905']
I heard some people do 6/50 deals these days. Shees you have making a profit, and completely ripping of the buyer.
[/quote]
We need to create a joint Olympus-MK task force dedicated to finding people that partake in 6/50 deals and destroying them.

I'm pretty sure I can buy tech in game at 6mil/50, without needing to send that money to a seller and waste slots. What kind of trash is that?

btw just pretend I made my normal rant here about how tech dealing in general is killing the game, making sure new nations never catch up, and how without it more people would be willing to give charity to new members.

Well, I remember in my day as a young nation, Lander Clan had to sell tech for the low low price of 3 million for 100 and Lander Clan turned out fine :lol1:

Perhaps instead of talking only about what small nations make, we should also talk about what the very large nations bring in through tax collections on a daily basis (or the equiv.) compared to small ones, how much it would cost the large nations to buy 50 tech on their own (I just looked at my own cost for a good laugh) and then figure out what is reasonable to pay to a smaller nation in order to get the savings we get as larger ones.

Plus, if you're tech trading with fellow alliance members and/or a protectorate - there is the whole question of alliance nation strength (which people see as a big deal - higher being better) and what increases that particular statistic faster.

Edited by White Chocolate

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1326729886' post='2900909']
The only real issue I see with a tech slowdown like this is the potential difficulties in playing tech "catch up" with the high rollers.
[/quote]
One could say there $%&@ers out for the coin and quick win for only themselves and no other in this game, I personally have never been above 4,999.99 infra didn't stopped me for getting a decent nation that can make a lot of money on it self or fight well (even against nations way out of my comfort zone) nor prevented it me from having fun.