The FIT Initiative

Chief Savage Man

[quote name='Holy Empire of Halin' timestamp='1326724925' post='2900884']
3/50, the CB of tomorrow.
[/quote]
Of today, my friend!

No, seriously. If ever there comes a time when it is legitimately difficult to obtain 3/100 deals due to the actions of any alliance as a whole, I will strongly petition for war against that alliance. It is a perfectly reasonable and just cause for war.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='JoshuaR' timestamp='1326786479' post='2901406']
Of today, my friend!

No, seriously. If ever there comes a time when it is legitimately difficult to obtain 3/100 deals due to the actions of any alliance as a whole, I will strongly petition for war against that alliance. It is a perfectly reasonable and just cause for war.
[/quote]

It is. I guess it could be compared to tariffs on goods in the real world when Mercantilism was still a thing.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1326772697' post='2901325']
and then what, lol?

It would be fun to see that kind of war happen.
[/quote]
It has happened. It's called this war.

You're wondering: "then what?". Then they're forced to negotiate a surrender or else face a permanent cap on their growth, generally around 30 to 40k NS. Ask Polaris.

As for 3m/100t, it is and should stay the norm. I much prefer to offer aid packages by the end of a good tech dealing relationship than to deal in 3m/50t.

Edited by Yevgeni Luchenkov

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1326791976' post='2901427']
It has happened. It's called this war.

You're wondering: "then what?". Then they're forced to negotiate a surrender or else face a cap on their growth, generally around 30 to 40k NS. Ask Polaris.
[/quote]

Assuming only TOP was at war Polaris for the purpose of them not selling 3/100 my point still stands.

I'm sure many would gladly make a business out of owning the lower tier and then selling to those whom you don't get along with the best.

It's non-sustainable.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1326792149' post='2901430']
Assuming only TOP was at war Polaris for the purpose of them not selling 3/100 my point still stands.

I'm sure many would gladly make a business out of owning the lower tier and then selling to those whom you don't get along with the best.

It's non-sustainable.
[/quote]
Except they are at war. If they start organizing tech deals on a large fashion with another alliance, it will be seen and will be treated as an act of war.

It is sustainable. Kill the opposition.

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1326792721' post='2901432']
Except they are at war. If they start organizing tech deals on a large fashion with another alliance, it will be seen and will be treated as an act of war.

It is sustainable. Kill the opposition.
[/quote]

And then they join the smaller ranks, prevent new recruits from joining your alliance, whittle you down and win the war of attrition in boredom.

Not a fun strategy, but not an unwinnable one either.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='Ironfist' timestamp='1326786284' post='2901404']
I worry some people may be too stupid to see this plan for what it is.
[/quote]

It's pretty clear. Still, you have good reason to worry.

I sell at 3/50 and have never had any problem doing so. I now have FAC and will probably do 4.5/100 after this war. I can find buyers that are happy to take my rates, so if you have a problem with me selling for them, I really don't care and I'll continue to do so.

Edited by Coyote

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1326777027' post='2901352']
Right, I figured the discussion was still about sellers having FACs.
[/quote]

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1326777238' post='2901353']
Ah I thought you were commenting on Flak's refusal to get an FAC because it's a waste of money.
[/quote]
I'm not wasting my own money to support the inefficient growth of an allied nation. That's the issue.

Interestingly, for the first time in about two years, I am once again bound by the wonder clock, due to the unfortunate timing of my moon base expiring right before I hit 13k infra for the first time.

[quote name='Coyote' timestamp='1326802976' post='2901459']
I sell at 3/50 and have never had any problem doing so. I now have FAC and will probably do 4.5/100 after this war. I can find buyers that are happy to take my rates, so if you have a problem with me selling for them, I really don't care and I'll continue to do so.
[/quote]

Really, only other tech sellers can force you to do anything. I for one, wouldn't follow any alliance into war to force you. Unless, of course, we have ulterior motives ;)

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1326803228' post='2901462']
So far my assertion in the OP is holding up pretty well what do you guys think?
[/quote]
LOL, you don't stand a chance.
Fighting inflation never succeeded.

And if you piss off someone hard enough, the mentionned alliances may be without any tech (outside their economic slaves/allies) in three weeks from now.
Three weeks, that's all it would take if someone wanted to teach them a lesson for their arrogance.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1326803228' post='2901462']
So far my assertion in the OP is holding up pretty well what do you guys think?
[/quote]
I've seen several threads posted in the black market of people selling tech at $3m/50t after you posted this and people are still buying at that rate, all you've accomplished with this is make those tech sellers not try selling their tech to the alliances mentioned in the OP. Its not stupid for people to sell at that rate either as long as they can find buyers, since they pull in money a lot faster that way.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1326825156' post='2901580']
I've seen several threads posted in the black market of people selling tech at $3m/50t after you posted this and people are still buying at that rate, all you've accomplished with this is make those tech sellers not try selling their tech to the alliances mentioned in the OP. Its not stupid for people to sell at that rate either as long as they can find buyers, since they pull in money a lot faster that way.
[/quote]
The people who buy at 3m/50t can be divided in two categories. They also form about 10% of the international tech deals.
-10% of people who want to help the tech sellers grow faster.
-90% of people who are too lazy to find tech sellers and believe offering 3m-50t deals are going to get them deals quicker.

I also find it funny that people would deal at 3m-50t to augment growth, especially when it's done internally in big alliances. You know what else could make them grow faster? Free money. Send them 75m, find them a good 3BR and make them jump to 4k infra. Problem solved.

Heck, if you're smart, you make them buy the FAC, give them a free wonder in the process and make them grow 15% faster.

Edited by Yevgeni Luchenkov

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1326829295' post='2901600']
The people who buy at 3m/50t can be divided in two categories. They also form about 10% of the international tech deals.
-10% of people who want to help the tech sellers grow faster.
-90% of people who are too lazy to find tech sellers and believe offering 3m-50t deals are going to get them deals quicker.

I also find it funny that people would deal at 3m-50t to augment growth, especially when it's done internally in big alliances. You know what else could make them grow faster? Free money. Send them 75m, find them a good 3BR and make them jump to 4k infra. Problem solved.

Heck, if you're smart, you make them buy the FAC, give them a free wonder in the process and make them grow 15% faster.
[/quote]
I agree with you on getting them to buy a FAC is a good idea, but just as it can be said that mostly those to lazy to find better deals buy at $3m/50t, its the sellers to lazy to find buyers who will pay $3m/50t who sell at $3m/100t. Those who want to maximize their growth will try finding the best deals to fill their slots, those who just want to keep their slots busy will sell or buy at the better rate for the other party to avoid the extra effort. Most alliances don't really help their lower tier grow with aid and leave it to the smaller nations to tech deal in order to grow faster.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1326825156' post='2901580']
[/quote]

good it will save us the trouble of banning them

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1326832377' post='2901635']
I'm going to sell tech at 3/100 or 4.5/150 after this war. To Doomhouse only.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerishehL3.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Darn. I would totally get in on some of that 4.5/150 action.

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1326848806' post='2901852']
Darn. I would totally get in on some of that 4.5/150 action.
[/quote]
What's even better is how I'm first going to give away all my tech to deserving Doomhouse nations. I'm eager to get back to tech raiding range now that I have most of the wonders I care about.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL12.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1326851086' post='2901875']
What's even better is how I'm first going to give away all my tech to deserving Doomhouse nations. I'm eager to get back to tech raiding range now that I have most of the wonders I care about.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL12.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Well whenever it gets to that point, hit me up. I'll gladly take a 4.5/150 slot.