The FIT Initiative

Chief Savage Man

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1327193126' post='2904410']
I can see GOONS didn't support this despite the rest of Doomhouse doing so, I'm guessing that's for the reason that they know it would be foolish for them to support it, especially as a tech selling alliance to limit their members freedom to get the best deals possible on tech deals. Although unless everyone in alliances like TOP and Umbrella are able to always fill up on $3m/100t deals, you're limiting how much tech your alliances members get to buy by telling them how much they are allowed to pay for tech.[/quote]
Our official stance is we do 3/100s unless the buyer says otherwise. There are a few people who rock the boat or are idiots, but our tech deal forum even says you sell at 3/100.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL4.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1327195236' post='2904421']
I can understand not wanting people to spam your IRC channels with tech deals your not interested in, but is there a penalty for your members if they do buy at $3m/50t? If all their slots are full of $3m/100t anyways, you shouldn't need the rule against. Also what if a member wants to do some $3m/50t deals with someone because they are old friends or they've helped each other out in the past, would those kind of deals where someone wants to give a seller a good deal to be nice be frowned upon as well?
[/quote]
We do our best to give our members hell when they buy at 3mil/50tech. So yeah, there's a penalty.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1327207654' post='2904492']
Our official stance is we do 3/100s unless the buyer says otherwise. There are a few people who rock the boat or are idiots, but our tech deal forum even says you sell at 3/100.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL4.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Stop misusing efficiency to defend getting more tech for less. You are attempting to twist it.

It's more efficient for ME to sell tech at 3/50, or even 4.5/100. I couldn't give less of a !@#$ about your net gain in tech. I want dongs, the more i get the better off I am.

That said, I have good buyers all over CN, UMB just isn't one of them anymore due to being late on payment cycles the last ten deals I have done. They send snotty PMs if you are a day late on tech cycle but seem to spit on the idea that they are screwing up slot usage for the seller.

So, no, I don't care what you buy your tech for but if you are going to take the entitlement approach then you are losing your grasp on reality.

You can always buy your 100 tech from the same place everyone else does.

Through the war screen.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1327198887' post='2904445']
the 5 alliances listed are statistically some of the best in cn

and who would go to goons to try and sell tech, that would be like exporting oil to saudi arabia
[/quote]

Yeah it would be, but the OP mentions more then just offering tech for 3/50. And I can imagine some goonies might like to sell at that rate :)

Just an observation noting else.

[quote name='mrwuss' timestamp='1327233105' post='2904694']
That said, I have good buyers all over CN, UMB just isn't one of them anymore due to being late on payment cycles the last ten deals I have done. They send snotty PMs if you are a day late on tech cycle but seem to spit on the idea that they are screwing up slot usage for the seller.[/quote]

Back in the day this was my experience with selling tech to Umbrella, although I only sold for a short period of time because I got sick of the exact things you say here. I really don't understand how they're able to get so many people to put up with the crap, although I would've thought that by now things would be different. Of course, I would be sent a PM the day before as a "reminder" for every nation I dealt with, for both times I'd have to send tech, so maybe things did change a bit.

[quote name='Captain Flinders' timestamp='1327243246' post='2904740']
Or the alliance could fund a FAC for your smaller nations, and do exclusively in house 4.5/100 deals wherein both the seller and buyer benefit quite equally. Nordreich does it right.
[/quote]
As much as I dislike agreeing with Weiss/anyone in NoR, I agree with this.

RIA found this out during our war and we were intrigued by it.

Edited by VladimirLenin

[quote name='AlmightyHero' timestamp='1327296075' post='2905275']
I only deal 3 for 100, but I would be tempted to give in to a 6 for 150.
[/quote]

I have done my fair share of these as well. I find them to just be annoying. 4.5/100 still meets in the middle and can be done on the normal 3/100 timeline.

[quote name='mrwuss' timestamp='1327301400' post='2905329']
I have done my fair share of these as well. I find them to just be annoying. 4.5/100 still meets in the middle and can be done on the normal 3/100 timeline.
[/quote]

I would agree with a 4.5/100 but I took this thread to mean selling to new nations or nations without the ability to do this type of deal.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1327253937' post='2904793']
Back in the day this was my experience with selling tech to Umbrella, although I only sold for a short period of time because I got sick of the exact things you say here. I really don't understand how they're able to get so many people to put up with the crap, although I would've thought that by now things would be different. Of course, I would be sent a PM the day before as a "reminder" for every nation I dealt with, for both times I'd have to send tech, so maybe things did change a bit.
[/quote]

Many tech dealers we've dealt with in the past have been unreliable at keeping track of all the deals they have going on, so we've generally made it an effort to give all of our tech sellers reminders as it benefits us and the dealer. We'd rather not have to wait 3 days because the seller finally realizes that he's supposed to send tech. It's a little annoying and sometimes tedious, but I think in the end, it works out because that's 3 (or 2, or 5 or whatever) less days we end up waiting and having to start a new cycle, and that's less time the selling nation has to wait before getting another aid package. It seems somewhat overkill, but those extra days we save because of reminders really add up over the course of time. Of course, I realize that active and reliable dealers don't usually need this. If that's the case, it's pretty easy to ignore PMs. But damn, nothing is more annoying than late dealers.

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' timestamp='1327354097' post='2905716']
Many tech dealers we've dealt with in the past have been unreliable at keeping track of all the deals they have going on, so we've generally made it an effort to give all of our tech sellers reminders as it benefits us and the dealer. We'd rather not have to wait 3 days because the seller finally realizes that he's supposed to send tech. It's a little annoying and sometimes tedious, but I think in the end, it works out because that's 3 (or 2, or 5 or whatever) less days we end up waiting and having to start a new cycle, and that's less time the selling nation has to wait before getting another aid package. It seems somewhat overkill, but those extra days we save because of reminders really add up over the course of time. Of course, I realize that active and reliable dealers don't usually need this. If that's the case, it's pretty easy to ignore PMs. But damn, nothing is more annoying than late dealers.
[/quote]

Back in my tech buying days... I would send a reminder the day before tech was due 100% of the time.

I'm not sure why everyone doesn't do that? Seems obvious to me, tbh :)

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' timestamp='1327354097' post='2905716']
[/quote]

But it's cool to be late on paying rounds because........

exactly, stop throwing rocks from your glass mountain. The easiest way to stop the issue is just stop dealing with those who are late on either side of a deal.

-----------

Also FAC should be the first wonder purchased for real sellers.

[quote name='enderland' timestamp='1327371911' post='2905917']
Back in my tech buying days... I would send a reminder the day before tech was due 100% of the time.

[/quote]
Shoot, I've been doing it wrong. I send my manual auto-reminders day-of.

[quote name='JoshuaR' timestamp='1327397953' post='2906106']
Shoot, I've been doing it wrong. I send my manual auto-reminders day-of.
[/quote]

That works fine if you are online at update or early in the day, and if the seller is active each day.

Sometimes, they aren't...

Regarding the FAC, I'd be surprised if it was a better long-term investment than infra financially - unless you are planning on selling a looooong time (past 3999 or perhaps even 4999 infra, you'd probably need many months of tech deals to give a net positive income benefit as compared with simply investing the 25M into infra). Or if you are terrible at managing your nation I guess ;)

[quote name='enderland' timestamp='1327432967' post='2906225']
Regarding the FAC, I'd be surprised if it was a better long-term investment than infra financially - unless you are planning on selling a looooong time (past 3999 or perhaps even 4999 infra, you'd probably need many months of tech deals to give a net positive income benefit as compared with simply investing the 25M into infra). Or if you are terrible at managing your nation I guess ;)
[/quote]
Or prefer to say small and like tech raiding (hint: this applies to a lot of people I know).
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aeris-_-L7.jpg[/img]

And i miss the 3/150 deals i used to get way back when, what has the world come to [/sarcasm] but in all seriousness going to 3/50 deals would be really bad for the number of sellers avalible as they would elevate too quickly, making the buying crowd even more top heavy than it already is.

[quote name='kingly' timestamp='1327443329' post='2906268']
And i miss the 3/150 deals i used to get way back when, what has the world come to [/sarcasm] but in all seriousness going to 3/50 deals would be really bad for the number of sellers avalible as they would elevate too quickly, making the buying crowd even more top heavy than it already is.
[/quote]

lol

"grow too quickly"

I don't want to grow, I just want money. Dongs don't grow on trees, you know.

[quote name='enderland' timestamp='1327371911' post='2905917']

[/quote]
I try to do this too, I'm just really bad at remembering to do it.