The FIT Initiative

Chief Savage Man

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1326789135' post='2901418']
I'm not a fan of anything lower than 3mill/100.

The best way to kill the tech inflation problem would be to put a cap on the damage multiplier.
[/quote]
You could also kill tech aid and then make tech purchasing in game much cheaper.
Or perhaps increase the aid cap if the receiving nation has less than x tech, so more tech can be sent for nations behind in tech purchasing.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1326832377' post='2901635']
I'm going to sell tech at 3/100 or 4.5/150 after this war. To Doomhouse only.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerishehL3.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
I would happily take you up on 4.5/150.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pure supply and demand. If you can get good deals i.e $3M/100 go for it but if all you can currently get is $3M/50 then it is better to fill you slots with those then leaving them empty. I have no intention of supporting the proposal in the op.

3/50 or 3/100 are both inferior to something like 6M/200 or 6M/250 tech in terms of growth potential for the selling nation.

I would sell tech for 6M/250 before I would sell it at 3M/50/3M/50/3M/50/3M/50 as a new nation. Of course that'd be the only tech deal I'd have to make selling as a new nation.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1326851086' post='2901875']
What's even better is how I'm first going to give away all my tech to deserving Doomhouse nations. I'm eager to get back to tech raiding range now that I have most of the wonders I care about.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL12.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Should get me in on that as well. I aided you many dongs during the DH-NPO war, I believe it's time you paid back that loan :v:

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' timestamp='1326908113' post='2902211']
Should get me in on that as well. I aided you many dongs during the DH-NPO war, I believe it's time you paid back that loan :v:
[/quote]
I already started sending out free tech. There's a thread on the GOONs forums. You'll have to head over there if you want any of it.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL11.jpg[/img]

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1326771152' post='2901313']
You're out of range.
[/quote]

MK WILL SHOW YOU WHY UMBRELLA DOESNT NEED A MIDDLE TIER

That said, of course you can argue 3/50 is more beneficial for the seller. So is 6/50. So is 9/50. And so on. 6/100 is a happy and profitable medium.

[quote name='JoshuaR' timestamp='1326786479' post='2901406']No, seriously. If ever there comes a time when it is legitimately difficult to obtain 3/100 deals due to the actions of any alliance as a whole, I will strongly petition for war against that alliance. It is a perfectly reasonable and just cause for war.
[/quote]

That would have to be one huge and powerful alliance to be able to control CN economics enough to be the sole reason for such a change. Very unlikely to happen, but you might want to reconsider your statement just in case all tech sellers decide to unite under one flag and price fix :P

[quote name='White Chocolate' timestamp='1326921858' post='2902329']
That would have to be one huge and powerful alliance to be able to control CN economics enough to be the sole reason for such a change. Very unlikely to happen, but you might want to reconsider your statement just in case all tech sellers decide to unite under one flag and price fix :P
[/quote]
The alliances don't need to be the sole reason for such a change. They can just be heavy perpetrators, and as other alliances see what happens to those who perform acts of economic war, they will change their ways or face the consequences.

[quote name='White Chocolate' timestamp='1326921858' post='2902329']
[/quote]

OTEC: Organization of the Technology Exporting Countries

The horror!

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1326851086' post='2901875']
What's even better is how I'm first going to give away all my tech to deserving Doomhouse nations. I'm eager to get back to tech raiding range now that I have most of the wonders I care about.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL12.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

You should pretend I'm in Doomhouse for a little while :D

Edited by USMC123

I have only been able to achieve 100% slot efficiency in 1x1 3/50 deals where the seller sends tech first. I did this for a solid three months pre-war and it is the best thing I could have done for my nation.

I have been involved in all types of schemes as buyer and seller. I started selling at day one in 2008 at 3/150. I have been involved in many schemes both in IRON and on OWF. Never have I seen 100% slot efficiency outside of 1x1 3/50 deals, and as a buyer my nation has grown faster than ever at this rate.

I will buy tech my way until someone can offer 3/100 or 3/150 with 100% slot efficiency. No other way will suffice.

[quote name='Schmoo' timestamp='1326966444' post='2902778']
I have only been able to achieve 100% slot efficiency in 1x1 3/50 deals where the seller sends tech first. I did this for a solid three months pre-war and it is the best thing I could have done for my nation.

I have been involved in all types of schemes as buyer and seller. I started selling at day one in 2008 at 3/150. I have been involved in many schemes both in IRON and on OWF. Never have I seen 100% slot efficiency outside of 1x1 3/50 deals, and as a buyer my nation has grown faster than ever at this rate.

I will buy tech my way until someone can offer 3/100 or 3/150 with 100% slot efficiency. No other way will suffice.
[/quote]

Tech coming a day or two late on a 3/100 deal is still more efficient than a 3/50 deal with 100% efficiency.

[quote name='Ryuzaki' timestamp='1326969743' post='2902788']
Tech coming a day or two late on a 3/100 deal is still more efficient than a 3/50 deal with 100% efficiency.
[/quote]

Probably. What if two or three nations are late in the same cycle? What if one or two of those are more than two days late. What if to of those suddenly go inactive? I have seen all of these happen, some in congress.

[quote name='Schmoo' timestamp='1326971927' post='2902792']
Probably. What if two or three nations are late in the same cycle?
[/quote]
Each slot is independent of the others. One deal being late doesn't make another deal inefficient.

[quote name='Schmoo' timestamp='1326971927' post='2902792']
What if one or two of those are more than two days late.
[/quote]
A seller could be 10 days late in total and it would still be better than a 3/50 deal by virtue of it costing half the price.

Within Confederatio Aesir, for internal tech deals we pay our members $4.5m/50t if they have FAC and $3m/50t if they don't have FAC. Although our goal with new members is to make them grow as quickly as possible, rather than trying to keep them in tech selling range as long as possible to power up our upper tier. With external tech deals it depends on supply and demand, which types of deals are available, etc. Although when I start buying tech again, if I'm buying from an allied alliance I wouldn't probably wouldn't mind paying $3m/50t to help them grow faster as well. I think initiatives like this which try to fix prices rather than let the free market determine what your members can pay for tech dependent on what deals they can find will only slow growth for your lower tier (among the alliances in the OP who have a lower tier) and will cause those who don't want to spend enough time to find $3m/100t unable to put all their slots to use for maximize growth hurting all your members who are having difficulty putting all their slots to use.

I can see GOONS didn't support this despite the rest of Doomhouse doing so, I'm guessing that's for the reason that they know it would be foolish for them to support it, especially as a tech selling alliance to limit their members freedom to get the best deals possible on tech deals. Although unless everyone in alliances like TOP and Umbrella are able to always fill up on $3m/100t deals, you're limiting how much tech your alliances members get to buy by telling them how much they are allowed to pay for tech.

Also didn't Ardus say his platform was freedom is another thread? Telling your members what tech deals they can do I think would be the opposite of being pro-freedom towards your membership, but not letting them make their own economic decisions. I remember TOOL used to have a policy of forcing their smaller nations to sell at $3m/150t and didn't allow their smaller nations to try making more on tech deals, policies like that is why a lot of people left TOOL and their lower tier didn't grow much, with a largely inactive alliance.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1327193126' post='2904410']
Although unless everyone in alliances like TOP and Umbrella are able to always fill up on $3m/100t deals
[/quote]

we are. point demolished

also 'economic freedom' is a stupid concept in a game where the economics are very simplistic. It doesn't take much brains to figure out the optimal path and letting members do anything besides that optimal path is really just stupid.

Edited by Chief Savage Man

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1327193691' post='2904413']
we are. point demolished

also 'economic freedom' is a stupid concept in a game where the economics are very simplistic. It doesn't take much brains to figure out the optimal path and letting members do anything besides that optimal path is really just stupid.
[/quote]
I can understand not wanting people to spam your IRC channels with tech deals your not interested in, but is there a penalty for your members if they do buy at $3m/50t? If all their slots are full of $3m/100t anyways, you shouldn't need the rule against. Also what if a member wants to do some $3m/50t deals with someone because they are old friends or they've helped each other out in the past, would those kind of deals where someone wants to give a seller a good deal to be nice be frowned upon as well?

If someone has been selling someone tech and been a friend to someone for a while, I could imagine circumstances where some of your members might want to change the rate they buy from the loyal seller to $3m/50t and just alternate on who sends what they're trading rather than have a situation where the seller could be getting better deals elsewhere eventually to replace their $3m/100t deals.

Not wanting to advertise your alliances as accepting offers from random people to sell their tech to you at $3m/50t is perfectly reasonable, but disallowing your members from having freedom over their slots seems stupid. People should be able to pay someone $9m upfront, then only get small amount of tech in return after the nation grows bigger if their main purpose was assisting that nation with the tech just considered a thank you gift mostly.

While I was fighting Non Grata I had someone tell me if I don't quit, then when they quit they're going to rouge on me and I'm on their list. After the war ended the same guy said even though we had disagreements in the past he thinks I make the game interesting and should stick around, as well as offering to buy tech from me at $4.5m/100t. I sold to him as I think holding grudges is dumb anyways, but dealing with him and his willing to give me a good deal as I was trying to rebuild asap did help improve my opinion of Non Grata after the war even though I thought the peace terms weren't very good. If one of us didn't have FAC, it would of taken a $3m/50t dealings with them for me to improve my opinion of them, rather than just sell to other alliances.

I know this doesn't disallow $4.5m/100t deals, but you're still limiting your membership's ability to give good deals to others in order to improve relations and put old grudges to rest.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1327193691' post='2904413']
we are. point demolished

[/quote]

How is selling for 3m/100 tech the optimal path? getting full time 3m aid packages is the optimal path for small nations.

R&R has way more sellers then buyers, the standard is still 3m/100 tech but if our sellers that can't get internal deals go out to look for 3M/50 tech deals they're free to do so. Just more growth for them.

After all it's not our job to make sure umbrella or any other top tier heavy alliance gets the best deals and most growth. It's our job to get the best result for our alliance. Needless to say we wont be banning people offering to sell 3M/50 in our channel XD

Edit: interesting how Goons channel isn't on the list by the way :P

Edited by EgoFreaky