Cybernations Convention 2012

Master Holton

[quote name='Comrade Craig' timestamp='1325649023' post='2891946']
Oh man. Quoted for truth. The primary reason I won't even participate in a Skype call is that I feel like a retard when I hear myself say this stuff aloud.

-Craig
[/quote]
Bingo!

While there are people i would like to meet, i think i will do it the normal way, not shout their handles in a hall full of squeaky teens.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in 2008 I met this chick on here from England. After talking her up, she came here to the United States to meet me. After a few trips back and forth I married her September the 9th 2011. Now we live happily ever after. Thanks Cybernations! Oh yeah, many of you know this chick by Isolde.

Edited by King Tower IV

I came to CN from another game. That game started out with people meeting who lived near the owner. It eventually ended up with people coming from all over the world, including Europe and Aussie land at various times. I made great friends, people I knew casually.

It only works if you have something else to do. Lost Wages might be good for that. But I'd consider it if it was close enough to not cost me an arm and a leg.

And yes, I'm female, so deal with it.

[quote name='Tiber Septim' timestamp='1325642878' post='2891857']
What say you cybernations?
[/quote]

Not a snowball's chance in hell.

Have a nice day.

[quote name='Cerridwyn' timestamp='1325650900' post='2891967']
And yes, I'm female, so deal with it.
[/quote]

I'm pretty certain nobody cares at all.

Edited by Emperor Marx

I know one person in our alliance who has met several from our alliance in RL, that could be kinda cool I guess.

But tbo I don't want to meet anyone from CN in RL and even less so at a convention. Remember the time that guy from NSO did a DOW on skype or something back during bi-polar, the guy with the hat and suit... LOL. And all these people started popping up all over the place. Yeah... I don't want to meet any of you. :)

[quote name='xoindotnler' timestamp='1325643547' post='2891875']
Agreed, in all these years I still have to find a single sane CN chick.

And most conventions like this end in the most awkward thing you have done in your life.
[/quote]
That's the fun part. What happens at a con, stays at a con.

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1325643549' post='2891876']
The only way I'd get behind this is if I got to go to vegas :D
[/quote]
Vegas is out of the question.

[quote name='ccabal86' timestamp='1325649434' post='2891949']
That depends.

Can I dress up as a wizard?
[/quote]

Yes.

Tiber came to me tonight via text about this. He and I are irl friends and met through CN. In fact, the CN players I have met irl are awesome. This is an idea I'm behind 200%. Like Tiber said, if there's enough support behind it, We can make it happen. And plan it far enough in advance that if some of our foreign players want to join, they're welcome to.

I'm going to sidestep Tiber and text him to let him know what I've done, but within a few seconds of me posting this, I'll open up #CNCon on coldfront if anybody wants to weigh in.

[quote name='xoindotnler' timestamp='1325643547' post='2891875']
Agreed, in all these years I still have to find a single sane CN chick.

And most conventions like this end in the most awkward thing you have done in your life.
[/quote]

Aww, we love you too. :rolleyes: It is interesting to meet people from CN but only if your friendship evolves into something that would last outside of the game. Either way, it is not that much different than an anime convention or so forth.

lol it'd be interesting to say the least... I've met a grand total of 2 CNers in my 2 years of playing...

If I'm to help organize this:

1. I need some people to chip in money to rent out an admittedly cheap place. edit: it may even be an outdoors thing just to cut cost. lol

2. It'll be in America, sorry if that $%&@s up anyones excitement but if the first one goes well we might take the local somewhere Euro. It should be in Cali but it'll probably end up somewhere along the East Coast or in the middle of the US-ish area. (possible) Locations TBA.

3. I'd looooove if Admin would attend :):):) That'd be cool as !@#$ lol. Maybe even a "Meet the Mods" booth.

This would of course be for the enjoyment of the game etc etc. Don't bother showing up to "Punch people in the face" lol.

I already have a few volunteers lined up to help staff the event if we decide to hold one.

Edited by Tiber Septim

[quote name='Tiber Septim' timestamp='1325652776' post='2891988']
lol it'd be interesting to say the least... I've met a grand total of 2 CNers in my 2 years of playing...

If I'm to help organize this:

1. I need some people to chip in money to rent out an admittedly cheap place.

2. It'll be in America, sorry if that $%&@s up anyones excitement but if the first one goes well we might take the local somewhere Euro. It should be in Cali but it'll probably end up somewhere along the East Coast or in the middle of the US-ish area. (possible) Locations TBA.

3. I'd looooove if Admin would attend :):):) That'd be cool as !@#$ lol. Maybe even a "Meet the Mods" booth.

This would of course be for the enjoyment of the game etc etc. Don't bother showing up to "Punch people in the face" lol.

I already have a few volunteers lined up to help staff the event if we decide to hold one.
[/quote]

What happened to going to bed? Also, did I not tell you like 88% of this in text earlier?

[quote name='Salmia' timestamp='1325652760' post='2891987']
Aww, we love you too. :rolleyes: It is interesting to meet people from CN but only if your friendship evolves into something that would last outside of the game. Either way, it is not that much different than an anime convention or so forth.
[/quote]
Wait!!!!

There are places where anime fans congregate? And no one has blown them up en-mass? Will wonders never cease?

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' timestamp='1325653279' post='2891994']
Wait!!!!

There are places where anime fans congregate? And no one has blown them up en-mass? Will wonders never cease?
[/quote]

yeah broski. AnimeCons are all over. hell there's two within five hours drive of me, Animazement in Raleigh and then DragonCon/Anime Weekened Atlanta .... there's also Furry Weekend Atlanta lol.

Also #CNCon is up :)

Edited by Avery du Troiseau

There are maybe 5 people in this game I'd even consider meeting, one of whom I knew well before I even joined CN. In reality I am probably too adamant in my separation of online life and offline life to ever attempt a mixing.

[quote name='Gopherbashi' timestamp='1325649480' post='2891950']
Talking in a bunch of alliance acronyms (rather than just thinking them), is the most awkward thing I have ever done.
[/quote]
It's interesting. I always wondered if people actually think like this. I personally remember alliances by pronounceable names. If their name is an acronym that can't be pronounced I throw in vowel sounds (GPA = geepa with a hard 'g'), or else use a single word within (NPO = Pacific). Talking in acronyms would be downright bizarre.

[quote name='Doitzel' timestamp='1325655598' post='2892027']
There are maybe 5 people in this game I'd even consider meeting, one of whom I knew well before I even joined CN. In reality I am probably too adamant in my separation of online life and offline life to ever attempt a mixing.
[/quote]

I don't think that meeting other people who share a common interest (CN) should be construed as a bad thing. Several of you make it sound like you would be expected to become best pals with everyone or something. I don't see any reason it couldn't be fun as long as it was setup in a way that offered more to do than just being a "mixer".

[quote name='Doitzel' timestamp='1325655598' post='2892027']

It's interesting. I always wondered if people actually think like this. I personally remember alliances by pronounceable names. If their name is an acronym that can't be pronounced I throw in vowel sounds (GPA = geepa with a hard 'g'), or else use a single word within (NPO = Pacific). Talking in acronyms would be downright bizarre.
[/quote]
I tend to go with separate letters (ie. gee pee ayh), unless it's a pronouncable word (ie. FEAR). The exception to this is if there's a pronounceable variation of the name (ie. Pacifica).